garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[FONT=&quot]A Bronze Age bracelet found near Whitehaven has been ruled as treasure by the coroner.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Metal detectorist Billy Vaughan, 54, made the discovery of a lifetime in a field on July 3.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He had only taken up the hobby eight months prior, so was stunned to come across the 22-carat gold band.

225293853.jpg.gallery.jpg

Read more: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/18131142.coroner-declares-bracelet-found-whitehaven-treasure/[/FONT]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer find...:notworthy:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
8 mos into detecting and finds this, wow
hey guys, its not the detector -> move to the UK

why so when you do finally make the find of a lifetime anyone in the UK can declare it "treasure trove" and take it away?
In my book a trove is a grouping of items not just a single item....

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
it is a legal definition,
and as little as you might think about the UK laws compare them to most countries where such is the National Patrimony - and you get nothing at all

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why so when you do finally make the find of a lifetime anyone in the UK can declare it "treasure trove" and take it away?
In my book a trove is a grouping of items not just a single item....

It is their land, their law and they are compensated for finds declared treasure trove. There are many countries where it is totally illegal and customs will even confiscate your detector..

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone taken a detector to Greece lately ?
I did but it was extremely difficult 25 years ago, and it remained hidden

Hi ,Always thought Nana Mouskouri records was Greek Treasure TP

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bet he got nothing

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bet he got nothing

Don't know what you mean Tommy. In England when they declare your find as trove it is appraised by experts and you are paid fair market value for the item. The guy who found the last big hoard got millions which was split with the landowner. The items bought by the crown as trove are then assigned to museums for all to see. If fair market value on that bracelet is $30,000 which it may well be the finder gets that money and I think it is tax free.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and those are called dictatorships, where eating, breathing all things are regulated and belong to the government including your crops... were the concept of private ownership is as foreign of a concept as freedom... and are in serious need of a revolution,,,

Last I check United Kingdom isnt a dictatorship.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted. NO POLITICS.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the truth hurts...
and read what some of the finder actually receive WRT the actual value of the find.... sometime fair and sometimes not so...

As long as politics are left out of replies. Politics are not allowed except in politics forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions