Metal detectorist reunites family of WW1 hero soldier with medal found 6ft under

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Metal detectorist reunites family of WW1 hero soldier with medal found 6ft under

A metal detecting enthusiast has reunited the descendants of a fallen soldier with his First World War medal.

Steven Denton, 56, discovered the 1914-15 Star buried 6ft deep in a farmer’s field.

In the bronze medal, he found the name Francis Joseph Tysoe.

Steve learned Private Tysoe was killed, aged just 19, in March, 1915, at the Battle of Neuve-Chapelle, Calais, France.

He explained: “I dug it out and I thought it was a cap badge at first. But then I washed it and suddenly I had a name, rank and number... That afternoon, when I got home, I was straight into digging out family history.”

More at the link... https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/world-war-heros-medal-found-21524584

Good job researching the medal and finding the family but personally, I just want to know what kind of coil he was using to find a small medal 6-feet down!

(ya ya. I know they probably screwed up the article and it was only 6" down. lol)

3_SWNS_MEDAL_DETECTOR_10rfjpgs.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread