Nazi Diary reveaals secret location

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
So how many times have we heard this before?
From and rest of the story at https://www.livescience.com/nazi-diary-buried-gold.html?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9160&utm_content=LVS_newsletter+&utm_term=4464442&m_i=he3M6XeXfRqXgO9597saSwTJwVQRw4u3OgNSU2DCfTk1uP5tRBgRMFDbJhqW5iU9tnYa%2B4Hu0yE1vV70_Wa3BVQxkLvSyjjhm644cy3hhG

Nazi diary reveals secret location of WWII treasure under a palace in Poland

A diary that was in the possession of a secret society for decades after the end of World War II may contain a map detailing the location of more than 30 tons (28 metric tons) of gold that was hidden by the Nazis.
Written 75 years ago by a Waffen Schutzstaffel (S.S.) officer using the pseudonym "Michaelis," this journal outlined Nazi commander Heinrich Himmler's plans to hide stolen European riches, artifacts and priceless works of art, according to Polish news site The First News (TFN).
The diary listed 11 sites where Nazis concealed looted gold, jewels, priceless paintings and religious objects. One location that it names is an abandoned well that extends nearly 200 feet (60 meters) underground, beneath the 16th-century Hochberg Palace in the village of Roztoka, in southwestern Poland. The gold at the bottom of the well is thought to have come from the Reichsbank in the Polish town of Breslau (now Wrocław) and is estimated to be worth billions of euros, TFN reported on May 26.

DXwHL2FdNGfePjW7HBgbRE-320-80.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A well could be another Oak Island show

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed it...
Was it a booby trapped train loaded with gold bars and looted art?

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furmaniak claims that the author of the diary, using the pseudonym ‘Michaelis’, was SS Standartenführer Egon Ollenhauer. The thing is, there’s no SS record for that name, no mention of him in any other Nazi records of any kind, no traceability of any activity by a person of that name, no biographical details. Nothing. He didn’t exist.

The diary also details the use of 260 trucks laden with treasure (much of it heavy and/or bulky) stashing the loot at 11 locations. If you think about the logistics for that, the number of drivers and unloaders that would have been required, I would suggest this is something that would have been pretty difficult to keep secret. I would think there must have been more than 1,000 personnel involved. Furmaniak claims that some were killed to preserve the secret, but mostly the account has all the hallmarks of being an invented fantasy.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Furmaniak claims that the author of the diary, using the pseudonym ‘Michaelis’, was SS Standartenführer Egon Ollenhauer. The thing is, there’s no SS record for that name, no mention of him in any other Nazi records of any kind, no traceability of any activity by a person of that name, no biographical details. Nothing. He didn’t exist.

The diary also details the use of 260 trucks laden with treasure (much of it heavy and/or bulky) stashing the loot at 11 locations. If you think about the logistics for that, the number of drivers and unloaders that would have been required, I would suggest this is something that would have been pretty difficult to keep secret. I would think there must have been more than 1,000 personnel involved. Furmaniak claims that some were killed to preserve the secret, but mostly the account has all the hallmarks of being an invented fantasy.

Hello Redcoat

Some good points.

Also it appears the diary was a invention by author Furmaniak to sell pseudo history to make it seem real enough to be real to add some sort of credibility to his fictional book.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread