Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else wonder if the person that found it was Forrest Fenn himself? :wink: The stories I am hearing are that Fenn has stated it is found but no name of the finder and no pics... seems like a lot of Bigfoot and UFO claims... I hope it's true and cheers to whoever found it if so, but it would be quite a let down if this is all that is ever known...

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else wonder if the person that found it was Forrest Fenn himself? :wink: The stories I am hearing are that Fenn has stated it is found but no name of the finder and no pics... seems like a lot of Bigfoot and UFO claims... I hope it's true and cheers to whoever found it if so, but it would be quite a let down if this is all that is ever known...

In one of the articles I read, Fenn said the finder was from the east and did not want to be identified.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I found it I would remain anonymous as well.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call pure BS on it being found. I dont believe it was ever hidden to begin with. The fact that he refuses to disclose WHERE it was hidden tells it was fake all along. He knows if he names a location, 100 people are going to come forward that they have crawled and metal detected every foot of that spot and it wasnt there.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call pure BS on it being found. I dont believe it was ever hidden to begin with. The fact that he refuses to disclose WHERE it was hidden tells it was fake all along. He knows if he names a location, 100 people are going to come forward that they have crawled and metal detected every foot of that spot and it wasnt there.

I really want to see a detailed map of where it was also. Like a full trail tracker.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really want to see a detailed map of where it was also. Like a full trail tracker.

Agreed mate! Why not spell it all out for everyone who has dabbled or dove in deep to find the treasure? I'm not trying to out the finder for the IRS to pillage him, I just think a pic of the treasure and GPS on location it was hidden would go a long way in taking the scent of scam out of the way this is unfolding.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL a “shy” (Shiloh) guy found it from “Back East” [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Back East / Geographic?
Back East / mentality?
Where was it?
Apparently 2 people can keep a secret

MrMarsHill

Jan 15, 2019
Mars Hill NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300, current main user.
Garret AT Propointer, current main user.
Garrett GTAX750, classic machine and I love it!
Bounty hunter tracker iv, missing knob bought used on eBay... Still find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had believed in the Forrest Fenn treasure until its "discovery" was announced. This just wreaks of a scam, to me anyway. Obviously I didnt believe enough to buy a plane ticket and look for myself, but I KNOW people have been searching. I dont expect to ever know exactly WHO found the treasure. If I found it, it would be my new secret. But, if the guy contacted Fenn, and HAS the treasure, I believe Fenn should let the other hunters know where it was found and provide some basic info for closure. He could post a decrypted version of his poem, or a picture and GPS coordinates, something for all those who have been involved. I'm not holding my breath though... I have a bad feeling this will just slowly slip from the headlines and we'll never know any more than we do now. I wont call a person a liar just because I have trouble believing their story... I'm just not gonna believe it until I see some sort of proof. What obligation does anyone have to offer me proof? None. Whether the treasure was real or bunk, will probably remain a mystery to us all.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just at least give us the state. What could that hurt.

If you deny everything, nothing can be proved either way.

PR 101 Deny Deny Deny....... until you get caught
I wonder if anonymous is busy right now [emoji23]

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Supposedly a pic of the treasure. It's reported that it was never buried. Just sitting in the forest vegetation.

forest fenn treasure.jpg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supposedly a pic of the treasure. It's reported that it was never buried. Just sitting in the forest vegetation.

View attachment 1842801

And yet the outside of the box and the lip of the seal are caked in dirt, exactly as if it was buried. No way in hell that box sat out in the open, with 10s of thousands of people searching for it, in a place a cancer ravaged elderly man could carry it from his car.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
And yet the outside of the box and the lip of the seal are caked in dirt, exactly as if it was buried. No way in hell that box sat out in the open, with 10s of thousands of people searching for it, in a place a cancer ravaged elderly man could carry it from his car.

Well, I live out in the country and there are lots of things behind the house that have been sitting out in the open for years that are caked with dirt, moss, rust and other crud. I can only imagine how much worse it would be to have something sitting in the middle of a heavily forested environment for years on end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions