'The Golden Boy' who fled America after brazenly stealing $1.6million bucket of gold

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

• Julio Nivelo swiped a bucket of gold - worth $1.6million - off the back of a truck in Manhattan in 2016
  • He hid most of the money with his then fiancee before making his way to Florida - with $40,000 - where he enlisted help to California
  • But Nivelo, now 55, quickly realized he had to get out the country and made his way back to his home village of Guayaquil, Ecuador
  • 'The Golden Boy' claims that his fiancee kept the money, only sending him $50,000, and having her other partner cuss him out in a message
  • Nivelo was sentenced to a year in prison back in Ecuador but only had to serve nine months for the heist
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5354067/Man-shares-stole-1-6million-gold-escaped.html

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I can understand being a thief, but why trust a woman?
for sure there are trustworthy women, it's a percentage thing
wanna bet that the woman was not prosecuted?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There are very few people I trust - I'm just a paranoid! But I've seen a lot along the way.

I've been betrayed by women more often than by male friends. And I've been around more than a few blocks. Male friends are for life, while girls are still giddy. Giddy means their minds change too often to be an accurate judge.

I judge myself very fortunate to have at least one LIFETIME friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread