Man Finds $100,000 Golden Nugget In Western Australia With Metal Detector.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

It's not uncommon to see people crawling up and down an Australian beach with their trusty metal detector, hoping to hit the jackpot. Many still detect the old gold fields hoping to find the big one?

You can see their excitement as their machine beeps and whistles as it comes across something metal, only for that hope to be dashed when it's either rubbish or worthless.

While some people might laugh that these prospectors, the hobby can sometimes, in very, extremely rare circumstances, result in riches.

A man in Western Australia, near Kalgoorlie, managed to find a nugget of gold that's estimated to be worth around $100,000 - all thanks to his trusty metal detector.

attachment.php

He took it to his mate Matt at Finders Keepers Gold Prospecting to see if it was worth anything and was likely blown away when he heard it's value.

Matt, who owns the Finders Keepers said: "You don't see those kind of nuggets brought in very often at all.

"The guy who found the nugget has been a regular customer of mine for the past seven or eight years and he came in with the biggest smirk on his face. He then showed me a picture of the nugget and I was amazed and asked if he'd bring it in for me to look at.

"The nugget itself was only around the size of a packet of cigarettes but it weighed a lot more than it looked.

attachment.php

So you see some discoveries get very little media attention. And the person who discovered preferred to remain anonymous.

Makes you wonder how many people make discoveries all over the world and say nothing?

Crow

Attachments

• fttttftt.JPG
    fttttftt.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 129
  • ytrrt.JPG
    ytrrt.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

Many would like to keep quite to protect there detecting patch..But its hard not say some thing when you discover some thing like that.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
But people do like another anonymous gold hunter from Perth who specialties in deep nuggets.

attachment.php

Crow

Attachments

• https _prod.static9.net.au___media_2018_09_21_14_18_180921_gold_nugget_1.jpg
    https _prod.static9.net.au___media_2018_09_21_14_18_180921_gold_nugget_1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 89

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigo

Gold hunting in WA is on fire amigo. I got told a few years ago there was about 4300 25 dollar permits issued to detect on crown land. Now of 2021 there is over 21000 people out there detecting. Some people are finding some good stuff. Some are even making a living from it.

Kanacki

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola Amigo

Gold hunting in WA is on fire amigo. I got told a few years ago there was about 4300 25 dollar permits issued to detect on crown land. Now of 2021 there is over 21000 people out there detecting. Some people are finding some good stuff. Some are even making a living from it.

Kanacki

Gidday Kanacki

Not so glamorous amigo it can be hard solitary life in the dust flies and heat and a long time between finds. Just like opal mining one minute you ass out of my pants broke then rich then broke again. feast or famine. That is why retirees love doing it because they have an income to support themselves usually debt free able to buy good gear a good RV or trailer camper set up. Detect for few months in the winter then sneak off to the coast somewhere for the summer. There is a whole legion of grey nomads. Yet to unwary the west Austrian desert heat will kill the unprepared. Not uncommon for people to drop dead from sunstroke over there. Most days in summer you can fry an egg on the bonnet of your car. Here is clip of a police officer frying an egg on the bonnet of his patrol car in Queensland. WA can be the same.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions