🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Moral law called coveting. You saw how fast it took the sheriff to take it out and shoot it. I knew a gentleman that bought a pistol for $50 at a bar.The gun was worth about $350, but he took it to the local P.D. for a sn# check. The detectives came out and arrested him for possession of stolen property. It took about 3 days to clear up the matter. Fortunately someone at the bar remembered the incident and knew of the man selling it.

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Let this be a lesson to those inclined to report or publicize a find. Those who are TH'ing for the benefit of others may go ahead and report their finds. But, those in it for themselves and family, KEEP IT QUIET!!! It looks like a beauty too.

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fight the man, and if u find something worth a pretty penny that just might put on the wrong side of the law for a little while keep it quiet till after you've sold it

common sense is wasted on some people

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i'd be tearing down every wall in the house, then taking a front-end loader to the yard, and they could have it after they pried my cold dead hands off of it= charlton heston and gldhntr

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I had one of those Thompson's 20 years ago and what a blast!!!! I also was fortunate enough to recently see 3 sharps rifles and 1 Spencer rifle all found inside a wall.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
A friend of my brothers collected antique guns and had a permit for his full auto specimens. The police were called to the wrong house and busted down his door by mistake. They siezed all his guns and when the mistake was discovered he got his guns back except the full autos which were returned cut in half!(despite the fact he was a legal owner of those guns and had a permit) He retained a lawyer to sue for damages to his house and for destroying his historic guns (one of which belonged to one of Hitlers personal bodyguards) he was informed that due to a law that exempts the city from damage litigation due to police action, he has no legal recourse! >:( omnicognic

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omnicognic said:
A friend of my brothers collected antique guns and had a permit for his full auto specimens. The police were called to the wrong house and busted down his door by mistake. They siezed all his guns and when the mistake was discovered he got his guns back except the full autos which were returned cut in half!(despite the fact he was a legal owner of those guns and had a permit) He retained a lawyer to sue for damages to his house and for destroying his historic guns (one of which belonged to one of Hitlers personal bodyguards) he was informed that due to a law that exempts the city from damage litigation due to police action, he has no legal recourse!? >:( omnicognic

No way, Not in the U.S.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? You must be talking about East Berlin, Or Russia 60 years ago.

? ?They Taught us in School in the 60's this is the type of thing Hitler & the Communists were Known for.

and Why we were never to trust a NAZI or Communist.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Our hoplophobic liberals up here, have just came up with what 'they' think is a brilliant idea to increase the aggravation of anyone that still legally owns one of those 'evil' guns. Thompsons, or any other full auto for that matter.. They will issue a permit to take it to a gunshow or a gunsmith for repair, but you can not get a permit to take it to a range to fire it.. You can still keep it, but you can't fire it 'anywhere legal'.. Most gun owners in Canada can't wait for the next election. I guess they feel no one should have one, after all it would seem our Liberals have been stealing from us for years, and never needed a gun to do it..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Belief is, they feel, if they can get all guns out of the hands of all citizens, then
they can walk into anyones home, at will, without fear.

Plus if they do this, they'll never have to worry about revolution, no matter what they decide to pull.

we'll all be slaves to our respective Governments.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
jeff of pa said:
My Belief is, they feel, if they can get all guns out of the hands of all citizens, then
they can walk into anyones home, at will, without fear.

Plus if they do this, they'll never have to worry about revolution, no matter what they decide to pull.

we'll all be slaves to our respective Governments.
Jeff, the National Guard is already got that procedure on their books. Right now they're doing the training in Iraq and getting the bugs worked out of the system. Just a bit of info someone that was in the N.G. a few years ago told me. Also the A.T.F. is working that angle as well, they did our inspection a few yr. ago and walked out with a computer printout of our gunlog. Called them and a couple days later they came back with it and said sorry, we picked it up by mistake. Yeah Right! >:(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea , & I'm shure they have copies of it now too >:(

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That's the point. They've done it to alot of other FFL dealers over the years. You're only supposed to turn the logs in if you close up shop and they keep trying to make it tougher to stay in business by rewriting new laws and guidlines-thus getting as many logs as they can. If you buy a gun and run the FBI background check, they are supposed to destroy the record but ???. The check only lists whether it's handgun or long gun and if U buy 2 or more handguns then a multi-form goes in with type and sn# as well as name and address, even if it's spread out over several days.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
God forbid that this shall ever come to pass,Does the Gov,of today forget where we come from and the history of this country?Take it all and feel free to do what they wont without resistance.Has it been that long as to forget what the British had to learn.Do they forget just how innate the GOOD OLD BOYS are? Iron works and gun runners will pop up everday after the fact.One should never forget HISTORY, for it will return to haunt them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread