Nuclear Bomb off Georgia Coast! - In shallow water too

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Bergie

I know that we have communicated before but I thought you
would like to know.

I was the person responsible for locating the elevated radiation
readings. This information was given to the pentagon and a full
search of the area was undertaken by the federal "NEST" team.
The latest report released by the government discredits my findings
but, I know what was recorded. I have plans on returning to this area
at some later date but I will not disclose further information regarding
my plans.

I don't think they want it found as they would have a big problem regarding
it's removal and disposal. That in it's self would bring a big black eye to our
Homeland Security Program.

Dinkydick

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I've heard about this too a year or so ago, but thought they had removed it? Or maybe they said it posed no risk. I can't remember.

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
FWIW

The Broken Arrow is still there.

I was to be in a filming the day the readings were taken. There was a
photographer and an interviewer on site. As it would happen the TV
camera (a expensive Sony) fell into the water when the small boat they were
in capsized. This filming crew was from National Geographic. It was really
kind of funny on how this mishap occurred.

The Feds elected to keep me away from the press at any public meeting
once they found out who I was. These meetings were held at the US Army
Corps of Engineers building in Savannah, GA which is a secured area for
anyone not invited.

I did have one on one conversations with the big NEST general in the
Pentagon plus the NEST head scientist.

I wish to refrain from commenting (in public) any more regarding this item.
I hope you all will understand.

Dinkydick

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
There are plenty more bombs lost at sea than that. Practically all are ripe for the picking with today's deep sea salvage technology.

Here are a few:

10 MARCH 1956: A U.S. Air Force B-47 bomber carrying two capsules of nuclear materials for nuclear bombs, en route from MacDill AFB, Florida, to Europe, failed to meet its aerial refueling plane over the Mediterranean Sea. An extensive search failed to locate any traces of the missing aircraft or crew.

4 JUNE 1962: A nuclear test device atop a U.S. Thor rocket booster fell into the Pacific Ocean near Johnston Island after the rocket had to be destroyed. The test was part of the U.S.'s first high altitude atmospheric nuclear test attempt.

20 JUNE 1962: A second attempt to detonate a nuclear device in the atmosphere failed when a Thor booster was destroyed over Johnston Island. The nuclear device fell into the Pacific Ocean.

5 DECEMBER 1965: While the U.S. aircraft carrier USS Ticonderoga (CVA-14) steamed en route from bombing operations off Vietnam to the U.S. Navy base at Yokosuka, Japan, an A-4E attack jet loaded with a B-43 thermonuclear bomb rolled off the Number 2 elevator, and sank in 16,000 feet of water. The aircraft carrier was positioned about 70 miles from the Ryuku Islands and about 200 miles east of Okinawa. The bomb, aircraft and pilot were not recovered.

8-10 MARCH 1968: The K-219, a Soviet Golf II class (Project 629M) diesel-powered ballistic missile submarine armed with three nuclear SS-N-5 missiles, sank in the Pacific, about 750 miles northwest of the Island of Oahu, Hawaii. The submarine possibly also carried two nuclear torpedoes.

27 MAY 1968: The U.S. nuclear-powered submarine USS Scorpion (SSN-589) sank about 400 miles southwest of the Azores, killing all 99 men on board. The submarine was powered by one nuclear reactor and carried two nuclear-armed ASTOR torpedoes.

12 APRIL 1970: The K-8, a Soviet November class (Project 627A) nuclear-powered attack submarine, sank in the Atlantic Ocean 300 miles northwest of Spain. The submarine was powered by two nuclear reactors and carried two nuclear torpedoes.

6 OCTOBER 1986: The K-219, a Soviet Yankee class (Project 667A) nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine armed with 16 SS-N-6 missiles (two warheads each) and probably also two nuclear torpedoes, sank 600 miles northeast of Bermuda. It was powered by two nuclear reactors and 34 nuclear warheads were estimated to be on board.

7 APRIL 1989: The K-278 Komsomolets, the Soviet Mike class (Project 685) nuclear-powered attack submarine, sank off northern Norway following on board fires and explosions. The submarine was powered by one nuclear reactor and carried two nuclear torpedoes.

28 July 1957
A C-124 Globemaster transporting three nuclear weapons and a nuclear capsule from Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to Europe experienced loss of power in two engines. The crew jettisoned two of the weapons somewhere east of Rehobeth, Del., and Cape May/Wildwood, New Jersey. A search for the weapons was unsuccessful and it is a fair assumption that they still lie at the bottom of the ocean.

22 January 1968
A B-52 crashed 7 miles south of Thule Air Force Base in Greenland, scattering the radioactive fragments of three hydrogen bombs over the terrain and dropping one bomb into the sea after a fire broke out in the navigator's compartment. Contaminated ice and airplane debris were sent back to the U.S., with the bomb fragments going back to the manufacturer in Amarillo, Texas. The incident outraged the people of Denmark (which owned Greenland at the time, and which prohibits nuclear weapons over its territory) and led to massive anti-U.S. demonstrations. One of the warheads was reportedly recovered by Navy Seals and Seabees in 1979, but a recent (August 2000) report suggests that in fact it may still be lying at the bottom of Baffin Bay.

An experimental sodium-cooled reactor utilized aboard the USS Seawolf, the U.S.'s second nuclear submarine, was scuttled in 9,000 feet of water off the Delawre/Maryland coast. The reactor was plagued by persistent leaks in its steam system (caused by the corrosive nature of the sodium) and was later replaced with a more conventional model. The reactor is estimated to have contained 33,000 curies of radioactivity and is likely the largest single radioactive object ever dumped deliberately into the ocean. Subsequent attempts to locate the reactor proved to be futile.

September 25, 1959, Off Whidbey Island, Washington
A U.S. Navy P-5M aircraft carrying an unarmed nuclear depth charge without its fissile core crashed into Puget Sound near Whidbey Island, Washington. The weapon was never recovered.

FEBRUARY 1991, Off Somalia
In February 1991, the Pentagon sent out an emergency message: three "Broken Arrows," or lost nuclear weapons were jettisoned in the Indian Ocean by a U.S. Air Force B-52, which had caught fire en route from Diego Garcia. The three nukes landed in the shallow waters off the Somali coast. In May 1991, they were allegedly recovered by mercenaries.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
After making many trips to Savanah over the years and seeing the growth of the city you would think that our gov. would make a non stop commitment to exaust all ways of trying to recover this. It always amazes me how much is just pushed aside as no big deal.

transplant

Dec 26, 2006
a b-52 crash in goldsboro n.c. in the early 60's never found the 2 nuke aboard the plane 'the govt. bought the land in the crash site a put a 8ft. chain link fence around the area,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread