rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
Witnessed this meteor. I was driving on HWY 410 eastbound in Bonney Lake, WA on the way to pick up a co-worker of mine. I was one block west of the intersection of South Prarie Ave on HWY 410. I saw a fireball at my one o'clock with a tail about two inches long (relative) decending in the verticle...angled slightly south/sw...I lost sight of it behind some trees and then saw two or three rapid "secondaries"...indicative of an explosion or impact to me...I called it in to Pierce County Sheriff at 0530 or so. I had no idea it was so far away...at least 200 miles.

The last meteor I was relatively close to...I was standing on Baker 5 at McChord AFB...just crawled out from under the nose wheel well of a C-141B (doing a "pre-flight")...was facing West at 0430ish...arched my back to stratch and actually heard/saw the incoming meteor...whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...fsssssssssssssssssstt....pop! Exploded somewhere between McChord AFB and Puget Sound...close enough to hear it! Less than a mile for sure!

AWESOME!

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That IS awesome LJ !

Never seen anything like that before...

We just do earthquakes here.
If it wasn't for the havoc certain places, I'd have to say they are fun.

Anyhow, I figgered I post it in case someone interested in searching for meteorites had not seen it on the news.

I wish I'd seen it!!

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread