Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a tough way to spend $ and to lose it that way I feel bad for the guy he was trying to be romantic, and I understand her being mad, thats alot to respend when your starting out--not just starting out but anytime!

Hopefully shes not just after his $ and will forgive him!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
too back the winds are from the west right now :(

maybe he got out cheap since she won't speak to him till he gets another ring

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a few deflated balloons in the past.
usually in trees.
Usually they are a class project with a note attached to contact the school, for a science project.
I can assure you that someone will find this balloon with the ring in it.
BUT, will the finder fess up and return?
With all the media over this mishap, surly the finder will know where it came from and able to contact the rightful owner

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He should just cut his losses and treat this as a "sign". $12000 is pretty cheap compared to " We need a new______ (fill in the blank yourself) for the next 10 years. Then a divorce lawyer, alimony, half his earthly belongings and so forth. :D Happily D- vorced :thumbsup:
:wink: :wink: :wink: Just kidding ladies marriage can be a wonderful thing, so I've heard :tard:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain WATCH yourself alot of ladies on this site Hehe! I aslso thought her reaction might be a omen I do understand them both being upset, I still think it was a romantic thing to do!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree it was romantic, but stupid. but I also agree, if she is being a b about it, then she doesn't deserve him. I mean I would be upset, but life is full of mistakes, some little, some costly, it's how you react to these mistakes that make the marriage. & Captain, I understand divorce I am going thru one myself after 19 yrs., but after putting my career on hold to raise our Most Wunderful Daughter, being home every day so she would not be alone, or out who knows where with who know who, trying to guide her so she will have a good base to work with, I feel I deserve half of what we have. I have worked hard to make sure she is a stable well adjusted person. I raised my oldest by myself, & worked 70+ hours a wk. she was alone most evenings, & got into trouble because of it. so divorce goes both ways all in all it's a sad thing. I hope they can see the lessons to be learned from his costly mistake, & if they love each other, they will work it out. if not oh well. I still have to laugh about tho. can you imagine how the poor guy felt seeing it fly off?

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mammabear, I agree totally, just making a little joke, I have a real twisted since of humor. ::) Putting an expensive ring in a ballon is like building a glass house accross from a skeet range, just asking for trouble. ha/ha

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
when I was a waitress at a classy joint, a regular customer came in early & asked me to put this ginormous diamond engagement ring in an ice cube, & drape this full length mink coat on the back of the chair at his reserved table. lights are low, everything is set & ready, when I see the hostess starting to seat the WRONG COUPLE at the table!!!! needless to say there was some confusion on the poor unsuspecting couples part, & loud words in the kitchen with the hostess. but it all turned out well. & the woman said yes. doh

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Captain, I want to appolgize for my rant.. guess I am feeling a little bruised & battered

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No apology necessary, I didn't take your comments as a rant. Don't even worry about it!! :icon_sunny: Don't know your situation but good luck to you, everything will be fine. Most things if not everything happens for a specific reason. The more you read from me the less you will take my little comments seriously :icon_jokercolor: I go into burning buildings for a living for goodness sakes, how sane can I be???? :tard:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about this post as soon as I drove up at home this afternoon. Something strange looking (whitish color) in the pasture. I took the time to walk out there & found a deflated Cingular Wireless balloon. Nothing attached. :sad11:

:wink: RR

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. not picking on you, but mamabear, my husband use to be a firefightr and I can tell like capt. they run into burning buildings, they and police sometimes have a very differnt sense of humor! But they are the best ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think its a hoax
its the SUN the English version of the enquirer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread