Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi AMONA ;

I'm not exactly shure I'd give advice on that.
Never Know who's reading.
Why give the "Government Spooks" More Ideas on where to Look ?

? ? ?Better IF someone Tries they Try on their own.

? ?Remember the Phrase "Loose Lips Sink Ships"
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Read It.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Learn It.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Live it.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ;)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jeff

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Jeff

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"

That's why I asked that question, This is the situation:

IF I find a cache-----no permission asked or granted, nobody knows about "what I'm doing",nothing,...I'm the only one knows about the cache. I WON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? ??? ??? HOW WOULD YOU REMOVE IT,CASH IT, AND BRING THE MONEY TO HOME?

Amona

M

mattjd

First recover the cache. Ship it to your home address in the U.S. Then once you return back either sell after some years have gone by it or keep it.

Matt

C

ColchesterChris

Be very careful

Check out this link on my site for the laws to other countries

http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/treasurelaws.htm

If you found it in UK and you get caught you can get a 50,000 pounds fine and 7 years in prison. I spend a lot of time doing the export paperwork on my hunts to do it right. We have a very fair system over here where you get the full market value if the museum decide to buy it from you.I would suggest you look at the countries treasure laws and exporting laws before you do any thing more. Go and see the landowner and get permission and then share the find with them. This way you will not always be worried that one day someone will find out. The other problem is no one can share in your great find, either historically or you posting it here. We have 6 Treasures and Hoards the NA guys found going for Inquest on the 2nd June and they get the kudos of their great finds and a huge chunk of change from the museum.

http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/hoardandtreasure.htm

If you want more advice mail me and I will see if I can help you.

Regards
Chris

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
In Egypt they will just shoot you for smuggling. Guatemala they will put you in a jail that will make a Mexican Jail look like Club-Med.In Peru they will kill you if they are feeling generous,if not off to prison you go to be forgotton about.

If in Mexico,and if you are slick you might be able to bribe them,meaning they take all of it and let you go.

You need to learn the laws of the land where you are. By the way. United States Customs can arrest you if they think you have smuggled antiquities.

Ericwt

BTW:You have no American Rights.These countries do not care if you are a American. Torture is tollally acceptable.
Best dispose of it in the country that you found the cache

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
BTW:You have no American Rights.These countries do not care if you are a American. Torture is tollally acceptable.
Actually in some countries, being American means that they put you down for extra torture! After they are done with the torture, they send you to a kangaroo court, torture you some more, then hold you for ransome from your family! If your family cannot pay the ridiculous ransome, then they might just kill you if you are extremely lucky! The morale here is don't get caught trying to smuggle out anything!

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
Hey People

When I posted here an example of removing a cache from a foreign country I meant remove "coins" that you can find inside a chest.
I don't detect ABSOLUTLY in UK for cache hunting.There is a difference between a "Archaeological treasure" and a "Coin chest".An archaeological treasure can represent the culture and history of the country where it is found, a coin chest is a simple money that somebody intensionally buried it thinking to retrieves it later.There are two difference "fact" which the most country have difference laws for each one. BTW,....here in US you don't need smuggling or remove a treasure to be sent to the jail, only to look a woman you can spend jail time!!!!!!

Amona

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I did not know that you were dealing with the civilized world. I spend so much time in the Third World.

In Central America it is often up to the discression of whoever is working that day,and the mood they are in. Any coin dated before 1959 could be considered a rare coin and antique. Even if it is not.

Arrested for flirting with a woman? Well that is better than my wife getting a hold of me> ;D

Ericwt

OP
OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
Well

Here the American call other country "Third World" (I'm American too) but when you watch "JERRY SPRINGER SHOW" you will see this country has the same "mentality" than many peolple from the "THIRD WORLD",.... only you have to watch it ;D ;D ;D

Amona

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say look up the laws of that country and find out what the penalty's are if u get caught smuggling, if isn't to much trouble then do it legally, if it is to much trouble just be careful but be prepared to be punished if caught, good luck

ha ha modern day pirates

silverhunter/dowser

Oct 5, 2004
columbia sc
A penny saved is a penny earned!
Unless the IRS finds out about it!
All the power to u man good luk.
if it's large enough you might try
geting a pilots lisence and rent a small plane.

cthunter76

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2005
From my first hand experience with people who do this for a living in Europe I can tell you that unless you are finding this in a Western country (western europe in this case excluding Greece,Spain and parts of Italy since these european countries have extra tough police who specialize in finding illegal diggers) where there is little interferance by authorities as far as traveling and having detecting equipment goes, you would need major local contacts on your side/payroll otherwise while traveling in your respective non western country should you be found with the tools you used to recover the cache with/or the cache itself not even bribe money will help you and you will spend time in jail , if you are American expect extra harsh treatment, if you dont speak the local language/languages expect super harsh treatment. If you have good local contacts you can avoid the local laws. dig, find, buy and freely remove items through the borders, but expect these contacts to take a major cut of your "treasure" , if you do things solo expect to have a shortened life span, since you would be competeing with the local governments and mafias on their own turf,, they control all illicit/legitamate trades in non western countries, and they dont like competition so expect alot of new partners in your life (many of these people operate on the western end of the chain too, so youre not safe at home either, robbery, murder, threats are common in this business), your next hurdle is bringing it into the US through US customs, thats another story altogether but it is done frequently as we all know, just like the drugs they bring in here. Good luck whatever you do, but expect to have trouble somewhere along the way since what you propose to do is very illegal no matter how old or young the treasure items are! I havent seen one year in europe where the local papers didnt report on "busts" of illegal diggers, smuggled treasure captures at borders. I personally know a few people doing time for detecting!

Rob

Attachments

• jeepers.jpg
    jeepers.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,147

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
what about turning it into cash in what ever country your in , then wire it to were you wanna go?, cant find something that aint on ya, ;D

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
Here is one specific way to do it. Buy a chess set, a set where each piece has a coin sized weight on the bottom of it. Exchange the coins with the weights, cover them with felt, box it back up and ship it.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
IF it is Mexico, make friends with a "High Class" Mexican National. Have him ship it bonded carrier to the U.S. He declares it at the border and they can do nothing about it, it's his. You and he have a 50/50 agreement and hope he lives up to it. Next question?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions