Treasure hunting Government style

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
mig25a.jpg

mig25c.jpg

mig25d.jpg

Exclusive photos of a buried Iraqi jet fighter being recovered by U.S. Air Force troops. The Iraqi jet, an advanced Russian MiG-25 Foxbat, was found buried in the sand after an informant tipped off U.S. troops.

The MiG was dug out of a massive sand dune near the Al Taqqadum airfield by U.S. Air Force recovery teams. The MiG was reportedly one of over two dozen Iraqi jets buried in the sand, like hidden treasure, waiting to be recovered at a later date.

Contrary to what some in the major media have reported, not all the jets found were from the Gulf War era.

The Russian-made MiG-25 Foxbat being recovered by U.S. Air Force troops in the photos is an advanced reconnaissance version never before seen in the West and is equipped with sophisticated electronic warfare devices.

U.S. Air Force recovery teams had to use large earth-moving equipment to uncover the MiG, which is over 70 feet long and weighs nearly 25 tons.

The Foxbat is known to be one of Iraq's top jet fighters. The advanced electronic reconnaissance version found by the U.S. Air Force is currently in service with the Russian air force. The MiG is capable of flying at speeds of over 2,000 miles an hour, or three times the speed of sound, and at altitudes of over 75,000 feet.

The recovery of the advanced MiG fighter is considered to be an intelligence coup by the U.S. Air Force. The Foxbat may also be equipped with advanced Russian- and French-made electronics that were sold to Iraq during the 1990s in violation of a U.N. ban on arms sales to Baghdad.

The buried aircraft at Al Taqqadum were covered in camouflage netting, sealed and, in many cases, had their wings removed before being buried more than 10 feet beneath the Iraqi desert.

The discovery of the buried Iraqi jet fighters illustrates the problem faced by U.S. inspection teams searching Iraq for weapons of mass destruction. Iraq is larger in size than California, and the massive deserts south and west of Baghdad were used by Saddam Hussein to hide weapons during the first Gulf war.

U.S. intelligence sources have already uncovered several mass grave burial sites in the open deserts with an estimated 10,000 dead hidden there. In addition, Iraq previously hid SCUD missiles, chemical weapons and biological warheads by burying them under the desert sand.

U.N. inspection teams found the weapons in the early 1990s after detailed information of the exact locations was obtained.

Top U.S. weapons inspector Dr. David Kay is known to favor human intelligence as the primary means to find Iraq's hidden treasure trove of weapons and secrets.

While there are rumors of Iraqi chemical and biological weapons being shipped to nearby Syria, the weapons may very well still remain inside Iraq buried under the vast desert wastelands.

S

srdraftcad

Hi GD.

Congra. for this information. It is quite detailed and profesional.

srdraftcad

Attachments

• Bison.jpg
    Bison.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Dearv Head.jpg
    Dearv Head.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Hawk Head.jpg
    Hawk Head.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Perched Hawk.jpg
    Perched Hawk.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Sleeping Bear knife.jpg
    Sleeping Bear knife.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160128_180342.jpg
    20160128_180342.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20160128_180359.jpg
    20160128_180359.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 29

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
and are you going to take credit for writing it Gold Digger, at least give credit where it is due... I see you left the name of the person that wrote it off the bottom........ tsk tsk

OP
OP
Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Yep, you know I wrote it Chix... ;)

Actually it is copied and pasted in it's entirity as found. I made no claim of writing it, and do not know who wrote it, nor do I care who wrote it, it is unimportant to me and I'm reasonably sure the average Joe doesn't give a damn who wrote it either...

Attachments

• 20160224_200147-1.jpg
    20160224_200147-1.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 36

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. I guess any country that would bury its leader would not mind burying a jet or two. Go figure.

Ed

N

nutso

Alot of these finds never made the news. There is much more to this story. Many items have been found and carted away and for whatever reason none of them made the news. Deny, deny, deny, just like agent orange, they don't exist. But the truth will come out. Tell me why the returning GI's are being tested for all sorts of things when they return(radiation, asbestos, chem's) the list goes on forever. GI's have pics of weapons that don't exist. Removed by our gov't and kept secret. But the pics will surface eventually and we will all know.

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
wow, thats a heck of a find. i'm surprised that it was found because of informants and not by US aircraft flying over it w/ sonar, radar, magnatometers, or something.

it just go's to show, that we should never trust the media about anything, ever.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff! One for the Air Force.

F

Floater

I love that stuff and thanks for the post. Kinda makes me feel all fuzzy inside knowing the gang is findin it still. Thanks Goldigger.

Chiz what the hec dude, did ya wake up on the wrong side. Joe don't care and this ain't Dan Rather reporting.
Plagiarism is for some artist not us detectors. Now play nice or the sandbox gets emptied. LOL

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I read an article about this in a magazine a while ago and that they still where finding other military items.This is a cool picture .When I first opened this I was thinking it was something doing with the government uncovering some lost city.Then when I opened this up I just dropped my jaw! I never figured anything like this would be something any military Would even alllow to be shown...It's like a Indiana Jones movie comming alive! Cool! I love "All" of our different troops and I am dam proud of them too!All of us U.S.A. people want you all to come home healthy and safe.God bless you all!? ;D This would have been even more interesting, if it was a U.F.O. they where uncovering.I would be dropping more then just my jaw! :o
I think that they should allow people to go and do metal detecting over where the Raswell incident happened and down by Mexico.......That also would be my kind of stuf!>>>>YA! ::)

R

Rich

well,if you were stockpiling "things" so it couldnt be seen by the echelon sat's or can be seen by the high flyin birdz in the sky - what would you do ? - me id do the same- bury it! - also isint that a US made plane?

R

Rich

oops-- just seen it was a MiG,.....but id imagine theres more there just like the legend of the tanks and weapons cache Patton put in Baja ......

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
Just goes to show bush was probably right we just havent found the hidden cache of bio or nuclear armourment,God bless our Boys, thats probably why their in a rush to get rid of us now that the country is sovereign, they know where the caches are,and they know we are close, so their hollering get out, but we aint going nowhere not for now,and hopefully by the time we leave all will have been found, lotsa oil money and nothing to show for it, I say its right under our noses, so boys get the old 2 box out and shoot deep, find that stuff before we have to make that place a glass parking lot hehe ,tammahawk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, When I saw the Title, I thought I was going to see this

Attachments

• raid.jpg
    raid.jpg