Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL , First mistake, Telling BLM.

? Turn it over to the Treasury ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Yea ?;D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Only in their Dreams.

? ? ? ? I'd work around the Dynamite.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?After everything else is Removed, Let BLM play with the Dynamite ?;)

OF COURSE ; First thing he has to do is Make a Statement that He Lied.

Then wait till, the Gov stops Watching him.

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
LOL, I was thinking the same thing, only I was thinking I would just send the Dynamite by mail to the BLM with a letter stating, "this is your share, I kept the rest".
xXx

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xXx said:
I was thinking I would just send the Dynamite by mail to the BLM with a letter stating, "this is your share, I kept the rest".
xXx

R O F L M A O

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
bergie said:
...what a dumbass for ever talking...

You got that right! :P

Like those guys who went on all the morning shows claiming to have found all that old currency a few weeks back. ::)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
bergie said:
If it is true, what a dumbass for ever talking...
True enough. Letting the cat out of the bag means that he'll be audited every year for the rest of his life to see if he kept any of the gold or not-even if it turns out to be a hoax.

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Not a single piece of evidence? He dug all this up and wants 40%? He was able to count all of the bars and spot all the other stuff, and then what, shrug his shoulders and call BLM? If it dont' fit,I say bull-xxx.

The article is funny too. "Give me five hundred words on that story" . 'Bout twenty woulda done it.

A

aquabob

I agree with Jonester......He dug/found all of those items.....only to walk away, and not take home a musket, or a gold bar????If these items were dug up....how would he know they were "civil war era" muskets.....the "boxes" would surely have rotted, that dynamite would be HIGHLY unstable. It just sounds to me like a publicity stunt of some sort.....why would he have left it all intact? Regardless, he surely can't go and get it now, someone will watch his every move, if he did find it................He is one Dumb bass for handling it like he did!!!!!!

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Wondering if it's KGC gold? Hmm....

Anyway, I agree, he did handle it wrong. But it's not really their fault of how it was handled. They simply found something of great value that no one (besides us) would expect to find. Probably never thought out a plan of action if they did find it. If it's even true...

The average American citizen places WAY TO MUCH TRUST in our government. People expect the government to do what's right. Unfortunately, whats right to them isn't necessarily what is right to it's own citizens. In my opinion our government has become far too powerful for it's own good. There are far too many personal agenda's being served in our government. Tyranny is rampant if you look at the details of major "legislation" concerning America. For example, the new bankruptcy laws. They are meant to protect NO ONE except corporate America. The USA has moved from capitalism to corporatism and it is WRONG!!!

Example: A 67 year old man was a victim of identity theft 2 years ago. It cost him everything including his home. (this is just one of many true stories)

Now with this most recent pro-corporate bankruptcy legislation passed, the American people are in even worse danger with less protections from financial ruin due to identity theft.

Of course, the Corporations are much better off... as usual. I am SICK AND TIRED of this government... both Republicans and Democrats are totally out of touch with REAL AMERICA... the average American citizen. We're constantly told to bend over and take it.

I just learned that the new Energy Bill pending in Congress includes BILLIONS of dollars in government subsidies for Oil companies... you know... the very oil companies that are enjoying RECORD PROFITS from price gouging on gasoline prices?

Yes, YOU and I are expected to fund all expenses for them to drill for oil. BUT if they find oil, they will enjoy all the billions in profits. The poor taxpayer continues to get price gouged at the pump.

This government is paid off and totally controlled by greedy Corporate interests. It turns out that Tom Delay and a number of other Congressional co-sponsors of this energy bill own tens of thousands of stock in the very same oil companies that will benefit FROM OUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS.

That should be COMPLETELY ILLEGAL. No Congressman/woman owning stock in companies that will benefit... raising stock values... should be allowed to co-sponsor OR VOTE.

Buck the government.... Nah... It's already too late to do anything about it... Civil war would be the only thing that could set it straight again, and all of OUR soldiers are the same sheeple that voted for these people in the first place. They're more worried about their Latte being cold and suing someone else for something they themselves did... It's really SAD to see what this country has become...

Sorry for going on a rant... But I have a MAJOR distaste for our current government... >:(

F

Floater

Whatever Gold Digger Said. And the dumb a$$ should of kept his mouth shut. HH

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose Lips Sink Ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

mattjd

Who cares about some guy finding all that gold! I'm getting sick of all these stories! Half of them made up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH Matt

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
It's pretty sad when our Government won't even negotiate a fair settlement with this guy. It never ceases to amaze me how something of great value such as this cache or a shipwreck can be found by the common man only to have our Government, a foreign Government, an insurance company, etc. come along and stake a claim on the find as if they have been trying to locate it all along themselves. You spend your hard earned money and/or time to find it and they reap the rewards while you get kicked to the curb. Anyway, HH.

diggndeep

Greenie
Jun 29, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Explorer II w/X-1 probe - GMT
I live in Utah, I don't believe a word this kid said. As far as I know, the US Calvary was never stamped in gold. Why wouldn't he have taken at least 1 gold bar as proof? Some kid finding old guns would have taken at least 1. There hasen't been anything said since it first aired. I say Bull****

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
sad but true when, WE the People cant change things to make it a fair deal when you find something englands treasure trove laws are indeed to be commended , the finder get to keep it and the Government takes it and gives the finder "FAIR MARKET VALUE" and regulates it self to make sure the finder is compensated properly, Now isnt that sweet could you imagine the cool stuff we all would get to see if that were the same here, no having to black market at a fraction of its worth and probably would end up in the melter instead of a museum, all i can say is the government has had its head up it own a hole so long that it can no longer see daylight heehee sad but true our government when the founding fathers created it it was about Freedom and the People making their choices not the Government, it needs to be changed back to WE the People, and I am currently writing a new draft to present to a senator friend of my tr hunting partner and maybee we can get rid of these rediculas laws and place some proper ones in, we may have to give a lil take a few courses on proper handling of artifacts and site preservation but heck if we could keep the profits from what we find heck yah im in, tammahawk ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions