my article on the nassau sound wreck site --here in florida --held up by florida

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: well made the front page today in nassau county record --

Ivan, can you post a link?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

State preservation halts local's treasure hunt

Boyhood memories of his father finding Spanish coins led Ivan Salis on his own treasure hunt years after the coins were found. Though he's fairly certain his 'X' marks the right spot on the map, state officials have denied him the chance to dig for the historical treasure.

Salis would love to be able to explore the site and help uncover some of the area's aquatic history.

"One of the best ways to save things is to actually salvage it," he said. "Then the average person, who is not a scuba diver, who doesn't own a $50,000 boat and hasn't taken dive classes can actually see things."
http://www.nassaucountyrecord.com/articles/2008/06/13/news/news03.txt

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

thanks jeff for put the link in so folks can read it -- Ivan

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
doing what I can to develop this site -- however under the new suggested state "salvage" guidelines --it would be 100% off limits for commerical exploitation -- only unprofits would be able to do anything with it . --- Ivan

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
no permits would be needed to dive on it however NOTHING COULD BE REMOVED WITHOUT RISKING ARREST--- HOWEVER PERMITS could be possibly issued via non profiet type groups --ie colleges and such groups -- the colleges /or non profiet group and state would keep all the goodies found -- I would get discovery claim -- could write a book or sell movie rights ( maybe if I could find someone interested in it ---that would be my only pay off for years of research) fiscally it would be a dud for me -- oh a bit of fleeting fame maybe a small bit of cash from a book or movie deal -- but none of the treasure . >:(

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan,

How can the state, on the one hand, say that you cannot have a permit because it is an aquatic area, but, on the other hand, allow non-profits to excavate with a permit. Definitely a double standard. Just not right.

Steve

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I agree with you 110% BUT THAT THE WAY IT IS -- nonprofiet ask for and get permits in two weeks or less -- the last for profiet permit to salvage a new spot was issued about 15 years ago -- not looking permit but to actually get stuff opff the bottom --tell me thats fair.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Thats fair, but who actually gets to keep the goods or money.Thats my question. "YOU" found it, "YOU" have been doing the research, now they tell you to bump off??I hope you didnt tell them where it actually is did you?Well, I kinda guess you had to to try to get a permit?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
bingo you gotta tell as part of the process --to get a "research permit" ie looking permit --- the state gets all of your basic info from the start (to justify why you should be issued a research permit at all ) plusthey get a copy of all research info from while you are looking as part of the deal for giving out the "research permit"-- you then apply for a take or salvage permit later on -- and then they go oh so sorry but NO WAY ---so you get bupcus for all that work and effort and money spent -- and they milk all the data from you in the process of course.

the permit should be a one step permit allowing from research to recovery--- to stop such game playing .

Adventurer

Greenie
Aug 6, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
whites DFX 300
Thats the good :icon_pirat:old state of Florida for ya-they have nothing better to do than sit on their butts and make up crazy laws that really benefit no one.I am from fl. and that is a big reason I left,goverment as ruined this place.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
they live by the government motto.
If we want it from you, we want it now
If you want it from us, file the forms and pray someone actually reads them before they ignore them

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I suggest a movie has already been made about this - the plot of Fool's Gold, while somewhat hard to follow, is the search for a shipwreck containing the Queen's Dowry.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaneer

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yes but this is an actual "documented " :icon_study: (according to the english govenor of virgina - alexander spotswood's letter of oct 24th,1715 ) wreck of a vessel (barcalonga / 60 foot single masted vessel) that was sent ( from havana) to recover vip's and treasure from the 1715 wreck site that later sank about 40 miles to the north of st augustine (ie the nassau sound area) spotswood got the information of the wreck by means of spys and pirating english vessels ----the english map of amelia island and the surrounding waters made in nov. of 1769 by capt william fuller -- 54 years after the event --clearly shows a wreck site marked in the sound :o --that must be pre nov of 1769 . :wink: thats me prize- :thumbsup: arrrggghhh --- iffn I can get the state to work with me on it -- so far they say --"aquatic preserve zone"-- so no can do on a permit. >:( -- this is a real vessel , not a bit of fiction. like fools gold.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well, well well --it seems someone is messing about with me wreck in nassau sound * a "little birdy" told me that it seems its a six gunned lil barkalonga vessel like I said all along --a high dollar"kings" treasure from the 1715 fleet and vip "recovery" vesssel * now I said this on june 12th , 2008 in a article published by the nassau county record (newspaper)after being told "no" for permits by the state --since I was "blocked" by the state from going forth due to them denying me "permits" , I should by rights have been notified if and when the condition "changed" since I found and uncovered exactly what this wreck was . --if they went behind my back and issued permits to another person * after telling me no permits will ever be issued due to it being within a "aquatic preserve area" --I think a law suit is in order.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
well, well well --it seems someone is messing about with me wreck in nassau sound * a "little birdy" told me that it seems its a six gunned lil barkalonga vessel like I said all along --a high dollar"kings" treasure from the 1715 fleet and vip "recovery" vesssel * now I said this on june 12th , 2008 in a article published by the nassau county record (newspaper)after being told "no" for permits by the state --since I was "blocked" by the state from going forth due to them denying me "permits" , I should by rights have been notified if and when the condition "changed" since I found and uncovered exactly what this wreck was . --if they went behind my back and issued permits to another person * after telling me no permits will ever be issued due to it being within a "aquatic preserve area" --I think a law suit is in order.
A much better direction than a gut reaction of direct retaliation .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread