Evan Tanner (UFC) 37 dies while on a treasure expedition.

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
truckinbutch said:
hollowpointred said:
truckinbutch said:
Sort of like the guy that got himself and his girlfriend eaten by his "buddy",the grizzly bear.

exactly. :wink:
One less oxygen thief.....

Evan accomplished more in his life than you could ever hope to and was loved by more than you could imagine. I'm positive if he were to have seen some of these comments about him he would have laughed them off as rantings from the foolish but seeing as he isn't here any longer I will make it a point to call out the foolish on their assenine posts regarding his life.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
tapoutking said:
truckinbutch said:
hollowpointred said:
truckinbutch said:
Sort of like the guy that got himself and his girlfriend eaten by his "buddy",the grizzly bear.

Evan accomplished more in his life than you could ever hope to and was loved by more than you could imagine. I'm positive if he were to have seen some of these comments about him he would have laughed them off as rantings from the foolish but seeing as he isn't here any longer I will make it a point to call out the foolish on their assenine posts regarding his life.

i never said he wasnt a good man, in fact i didnt know him, i just said that he put himself at risk and paid the price for it. in my opinion someone who goes out into the desert by themself like that has made an "assinine" decision. you can call me foolish if you want, but i have enough sense not to put myself in that situation. so who is the foolish one? :icon_scratch: :wink:....good day.

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
hollowpointred said:
tapoutking said:
truckinbutch said:
hollowpointred said:
truckinbutch said:

i never said he wasnt a good man, in fact i didnt know him, i just said that he put himself at risk and paid the price for it. in my opinion someone who goes out into the desert by themself like that has made an "assinine" decision. you can call me foolish if you want, but i have enough sense not to put myself in that situation. so who is the foolish one? :icon_scratch: :wink:....good day.

That would be you. I never addressed you. I addressed two others here that made some pretty dumb statements about a freind of mine. Sorry if you felt left out but if it makes you feel better then I find you as pathetic as I do the others. :thumbsup:

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
tapoutking said:
hollowpointred said:
tapoutking said:
truckinbutch said:
hollowpointred said:
truckinbutch said:

That would be you. I never addressed you. I addressed two others here that made some pretty dumb statements about a freind of mine. Sorry if you felt left out but if it makes you feel better then I find you as pathetic as I do the others. :thumbsup:

if you were not referring to me, perhaps you shouldnt have included one of my posts in the ones you quoted. :-*................by the way, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
People,
I would like to say... although its a shame this man may have lost his life (it seems no one knows for sure) I congratulate him for doing what many people just sit around and talk about. He went on his quest, though it may have not turned out like he intended, he still DID IT!. We don't know about his preparation, or his level of knowledge/research/experience. But in the long run, if you are secure in the knowledge that you have all your bases covered, then where is the risk? If there isn't any risk, what satisfaction do you get by playing it safe? You may as well stay right there on your couch and judge us who jump in feet first. (Notice, I didn't say HEAD first.) Just because we take action doesn't mean we're stupid! I take offense at any "Monday Morning Quarterback" judging this man.
Aquanut

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
tapoutking said:
hollowpointred said:
tapoutking said:
truckinbutch said:
hollowpointred said:
truckinbutch said:

I am sorry that you lost a friend,I've lost many myself.I still maintain that your friend brought about his own demise and put others at risk as well by his own imprudence.By his own admission he ventured into a hostile environment marginally equiped where "Any equiptment failure could be fatal"
It failed and it was.
Then the rescue folks had to face the same hostile environment to recover his body.
As a comparison ask the Coast Guard how many of their heros have been lost trying to rescue people who made foolish decisions.
I am sorry you lost a friend.
I am happy that no other people lost their lives recovering him from his own foolishness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions