May 02, 2012, 05:17 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD XP Gold Max
have up for sale a cute little french metal detctor..The XP Gold Max This unit rocks if you cant find it with this unit you arent looking..Picked it up on the form a few moths ago and Ive just loved the out come. Im selling it because we just purchased a new house and the wife wants a new stove so im selling some toys so we dont have to charge as much .
Ive inclued some review for across the pound .If you think minelabs rock . This detector showed them how to do it..Have all paperwork headphones and box
|Cut through highly mineralized soil
- One of the strong points of the XP Goldmaxx is its ability to find small hammered coins even in contaminated Roman sites, using a frequency of 18 kHz. It will happily find good targets lieing next to iron, a test most other detectors will fail.
Discrimination or Multi-tones
- Can be operated in Discrimination (single tone, turn disc dial to 6-7 to knock out iron), or turn disc off to operate in multi-tone all-metal (2 tone or 3 tone). Good targets high-pitched, iron low pitched. You soon get used to the high-pitched tones, and you will find your nail collection will certainly decrease dramatically.
Turn iron volume down
- When using the 'multi-tones' options it is possible to turn the volume of iron down to zero, so you just pick up the good targets. This has no effect on the detector's depth/sensitivity.
- 3 position switch, 0, I, II. Most sites are ok set at I. Site dependent (remember - only works in discrim).
- When you first switch the machine on, holding the detector horizontally well away from the ground, WAIT 10 SECONDS (important), turn the sensitivity switch to max (backing it off to eliminate any chattering), and then adjust the Ground switch by gently knocking the ground with the detector until no sound is heard. Average position is marked between "accept" and "reject".
Coke and the Goldmaxx
- Coke can be a problem with the original Goldmaxx (not so with the power !). If you get a good signal in all-metal, you can check it by going into discrim at setting 8. This will tell you if its coke or not. However, I usually dig all good targets unless the site is infested with coke.
Batteries : Alkaline or NiCads ?
- Personally, I use normal Duracell Alkaline batteries ( 8 x AA). I find these last around 3 times longer than Ni-Cads, and don't suddenly die on you ! XP do produce a nice What a great machine this is, just give yourself time to learn its capabilities, take your time don't try to push it to hard until you are experienced enough to understand it.
Once you have mastered it, on cultivated fields there is no better machine. It's light and well balanced and the wireless system is spot on.
Pound for Pound it's streets ahead of any of the competitors.
The majority of our club members use these and some of the guy's have been detecting for over 20 yrs.
Good luck. Ni-Cad charger though, and using it means you don't have to remove the battery cover when recharging. The choice is yours ! Its also a good idea to buy a couple of spare battery holders, so a quick changeover is possible 'in the fi
This machine is just fabulous 18khz and its just the best, the goldmaxx mark 1 came first which is just as good, then they brought out the goldmaxx power, cant say enough about these machines, and both are still leading machines hear in the UK, some say there hard to get to grips with the iron discrim but once you have mastered this they are a absolute winner they love silver hammereds and cut quarters, in my opinion possibly the best machine there is at the moment, good on depth, good on discrim build quality second to none. Made in France.
Last edited by River Rat; May 11, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Reason: sold sold
May 02, 2012 05:17 PM
May 03, 2012, 06:31 PM
Last edited by sniadecki; May 07, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
By tymcmurray in forum Today's Finds!
Last Post: Oct 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
By dede1965 in forum Garrett
Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
By golden retriever in forum Beach and Shallow Water
Last Post: Aug 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
By ron lord in forum Beach and Shallow Water
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
By JerV3 in forum Today's Finds!
Last Post: Jul 22, 2006, 08:31 PM
Search tags for this page
gold max detector
gold max xp
gold maxx mk 1 vs power
gold maxx power
goldmax metal detector
review xp gold max
soil max gold used for sale
xp gold max
Click on a term to search for related topics.