Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    ca
    ...pirate, not smiling...

Mar 2006
    n/a
    DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
    920 times
    and here's one more objective review.
    "Just finished reading, great informative book!!
    Thanks for the great book!!"
    I don't stand or fall on your opinion, Terry. Besides, you've already made it known--without even reading the book. That speaks for itself.
    cjc
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Actually Clive, I have requested to review your books several times and was completely ignored. Not even a, "screw you Terry." I had to find somebody that had one of your pamphlets so I could see what you were all about. I know that a few dozen folks are very satisfied with your work (congratulations), but I was not. That doesn't make either one of us a bad person. You put stuff on a public forum, you can expect to be challenged, criticized, even ridiculed - I know I have!

I never said you were a bad person, ugly, too skinny, stupid, or silly. I wrote that your Books "are basically re-written owners manuals." That is my opinion. I would love to review this new book and learn that I am completely wrong. I would be thrilled to say it is a work of first-hand knowledge that no NOX owner should be without. Right now, I can't.
    cjc

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    17518 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ho-hum. Still waiting for that review copy brother..

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4498 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    When I got started metal detecting at the beach, Clive’s books were an enormous help in jump starting this endeavor.
    His books really helped me out with the Excal, Dual Field etc.
    His perspective he offers, helped me understand what I was looking for concerning finds, beach conditions and equipment.
    Clive’s books were a tremendous help. His books contained info that was not in the manual.
    I personally have benefited from his writings. YMMV

Charter Member
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    920 times
    Thanks Kindly, Rusty--When you can run an Excal and a Dual well--there's no stopping you.
    Good Luck Detecting
    clive
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    When I got started metal detecting at the beach, Clive’s books were an enormous help in jump starting this endeavor.
    His books really helped me out with the Excal, Dual Field etc.
    His perspective he offers, helped me understand what I was looking for concerning finds, beach conditions and equipment.
    Clive’s books were a tremendous help. His books contained info that was not in the manual.
    I personally have benefited from his writings. YMMV
    RustyGold likes this.
    cjc

Charter Member
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    920 times
    Here's a few reviews from hunters AFTER reading..

...Received the book. Excellent information within! Great for beginning with the Nox, as well as advanced settings and techniques for experienced users.
    Great reference that I will refer to often. Very in-depth on the capabilities and functions of the Equinox line. Pleased with this purchase!! Recommended for all Equinox users, and potential buyers.
    SE
    Brilliant book well worth getting it gives you a better understanding of the machine than the manual alone.
    PS
    Clive, enjoying the hell out of your book. It is a must have for any Equinox hunter. $ well spent, thank you Sir.
    RL
    Very informative. I would highly recommend.
    LG
    Clive! Received the book. That was quick shipping thanks. Excellent read and informative. This will truly help.
    Best of luck!
    RG
    ...thanks guys!
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    cjc

Jun 2016
    268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I just ordered my copy of Clive's book on the Equinox. This will be my first book by him. I have read a couple of Andy Sabisch's books on the Etrac and CTX and am wondering how they will compare. I look forward to the read and will check back with my objective view on the writings.

Jun 2016
    268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Okay, I just read through my copy of Clive's book. My first impression of the book when I received it upon inspection of the package it was shipped in, this is a light read. The book is easily read in a day. Compared to Andy Sabisch's book, this one leaves out alot of the specific programs and reasoning for settings. I believe this is due in large part to the fact that the CTX and Etrac machines have alot more pattern-building opportunities versus the Equinox's relatively easier to set up operating system. Clive's book is lighter on the graphics and illustrations that you might find in Andy's book although the ones Clive has are simple and do a good job of getting the point across on successful metal detecting strategies. Where this book gains value is in Clive's techniques for using multiple methods to differentiate a marginal target sound versus a solid treasure tone. Many of these techniques will not be new to a student of metal detecting practice, however there are tricks that were explained a little better than I had read in the past. Overall, I would buy this book again. This is a great read for a person less familiar to similar machines to the Equinox or to newer detectorists. The true metal detecting gurus will find this book less useful although not at all completely useless. If you enjoy reading about metal detecting, own the Equinox, or are considering buying the Equinox, give this man your business and enjoy the book.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

Charter Member
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    920 times
    Thanks for the honest review. The accuracy stuff has to be there--it's partly a beginner book. Not everyone has graduated from a Deus or a Racer to be familiar with the Eq's type of operating characteristics. The book is a response to the kinds of problems I saw hunters having with this machine--mainly accuracy. I also don't have people from all over the world sending me graphics and tips. There is however no "clip art..."
    rgrds clive
    Last edited by cjc; May 25, 2018 at 10:02 PM.
    cjc

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14123 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I have four of Clive's books, three of which are for the Excal.

The reason I bought the other two from him was that his writing was from a user's standpoint versus very boring - hard to stick with without falling asleep manuals.

I don't have my EQ800 yet - but it's coming soon. I've scanned the on-line user manual - again another read putting me to sleep.

So, Clive if you're still selling (thread says Sold), PM me and we'll get your EQ book shipped!
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    920 times
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjedi View Post
    So funny... lol

The EQ has not been around long enough for anyone to master it... this guy wants to sell you books already... Crazy..

Just look at all of the treasure he has already found under the coil pics. big smile... come on CJC really ?? LOL LOL lOL
    (The Reality)
    Received the book. Excellent information within! Great for beginning with the Nox, as well as advanced settings and techniques for experienced users.
    Great reference that I will refer to often. Very in-depth on the capabilities and functions of the Equinox line. Pleased with this purchase!! Recommended for all Equinox users, and potential buyers.
    SE
    Brilliant book well worth getting it gives you a better understanding of the machine than the manual alone.
    PS
    Clive, enjoying the hell out of your book. It is a must have for any Equinox hunter. $ well spent, thank you Sir.
    RL
    Very informative. I would highly recommend.
    LG
    Clive! Received the book. That was quick shipping thanks. Excellent read and informative. This will truly help.
    Best of luck!
    RG
    cjc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links