Equinox carbon-fiber rods / shafts (black AND colored), and CTX 3030 rods, IN STOCK - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Equinox carbon-fiber rods / shafts (black AND colored), and CTX 3030 rods, IN STOCK

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hi all,

Just an update that shafts are in stock -- both black, and some colored shafts -- and ready to ship!

Work is complete on Sovereign hip-mount shafts, Excalibur hip-mount OR shaft-mount shafts, and progress is being made on the two-piece shafts for Garrett's Ace and AT-series machines...

Thanks!

Steve
    Steve's Detector Rods, home of Equinox and CTX 3030 carbon-fiber shafts and rods
    www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hi all, shafts are in stock, and ready to ship.

ALSO -- please don't miss the Holiday Facebook shaft/rod giveaway! Please check Steve's "vendor page," here on T-Net, or Steve's Facebook page, for details...

Thanks!

Steve
    Steve's Detector Rods

Charter Member
    us
    John

Feb 2013
    Arkansas
    I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Nokta Anfibio, White’s TRX, Profind 35
    1536 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Steve, your website doesn’t show up correctly on my iPhone. Everything is jumbled up.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Pointman,

SO sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this until just now.

Yes, on some phones the webpage is jumbled -- it's designed for a tablet or PC; I will see what I can do but I'm not sure what all needs to be done, to optimize it for all phones. My apologies. Again, a tablet or PC will work, until I can see if I can make some changes to help with the phones issue.

Meanwhile, if you send me an email to steve@stevesdetectorrods.com, I'll be happy to help you out if you like.

I'm sending you a PM as well, since I missed your post...

Thank you for your interest!

Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hi all!

Merry Christmas from Steve's...

I have shafts and rods in stock and ready to ship, including red/black, silver, and red Equinox shafts (along with the standard black, of course), along with black CTX 3030 lower rods. If you are in need of a rod or shaft, and have some "Christmas money" to apply toward a purchase, let me know and I'll be happy to help, LOL!

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I can now offer colored CTX 3030 lower rods (on a "custom/special order" basis); I am also now able to produce custom Excal and Sovereign shafts; I am just about ready to have two-piece lower rods for Garrett's AT and ACE series machines available; finally -- carbon-fiber sand scoop handles will be coming very soon!

Thanks!

Steve, Steve's Detector Rods

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

email: steve@stevesdetectorrods.com
    Last edited by sgoss66; Dec 24, 2019 at 02:07 PM.

Feb 2018
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just visited your site and they look great! I am eager to order one in the next few months.
    I like the color options and that they are carbon fiber.
    How do you know when to use a counterweight?
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    1063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Found-It -- thanks for the kind words! I look forward to hearing from you in the future, when you are ready to order.

It's a very good question that you ask -- about "how to know when you need a counterweight," and it's one that I am asked frequently Fortunately, the answer is pretty simple. When you are feeling pain or fatigue in your wrist in particular, but also potentially in your forearm/elbow/shoulder, or even your back, after using the Equinox -- especially after a longer hunt, and especially when using a larger coil -- that's when you know you would benefit from the application of counterweighting. That's honestly the simple answer. I am not here to sell folks things they don't need, and so if the nose-heaviness of the Equinox does not cause you any issues, then there is little reason for you to purchase the counterweight. For these folks, who don't have any issues with the machine's ergonomics, it simply means that keeping the coil floating above the ground does not require more muscular effort than they are capable of comfortably providing. So, again, there's little need then, for counterweighting, for these EQX users.

However, if you are "feeling it," after a hunt with the Equinox, that's the clear indication that the nose-heaviness/ergonomic imbalance of the unit is such that it is taxing your muscles -- i.e., the strain is more than can be comfortably managed -- and thus counteweighting can "pick up the slack," so to speak, relieving that strain and bringing comfort to your detecting experience. Properly applied, the counterweighting assists you in swinging the machine comfortably, by reducing the amount of work that YOU do, by doing some (or all, if so desired) of the work FOR you, in terms of keeping the coil "floating" in "detecting position."

How much counterweighting is needed (i.e. how much assistance you need, to give your muscles a break and bring the machine's balance to a comfortable level) differs from person to person, and I work with each customer to determine this "optimal" amount of counterweighting for their specific needs. It's not a "one-size-fits-all" thing, because the amount of "work" each person can comfortably do, differs from person to person. But I work with you to get this all figured out, at time of purchase.

Hopefully that helps to answer your question; please let me know if anything is still unclear.

Thank you!

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links