Is treasure hunting dead?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Is treasure hunting dead?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Mar 2003
    So. Cal.
    268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Is treasure hunting dead?

It appears that nobody is interested in buying anything anymore. Not just my stuff, but lots of other folks appear to be lowering prices with no response. What is going on? Is the economy so good people are just not buying used stuff? Have people just lost interest? Is the weather a factor? Is there a new generation that wants just new stuff? What are your thoughts?? Classifieds is stagnant.
    RustyRelics and smokeythecat like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17970 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Already have 7 detectors = my madness.....

I'd advise anyone to avoid my kinda insanity......
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    15172 times
    Relic Hunting
    I wish folks would buy some of my bottles. (want some?)

My wanted ad is doing sorta okay...
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

Bullets wanted! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tr...ml#post6272084

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Garrett ATpro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    2606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coinshooter View Post
    It appears that nobody is interested in buying anything anymore. Not just my stuff, but lots of other folks appear to be lowering prices with no response. What is going on? Is the economy so good people are just not buying used stuff? Have people just lost interest? Is the weather a factor? Is there a new generation that wants just new stuff? What are your thoughts?? Classifieds is stagnant.
    I had this happen when I was selling at flea markets, figured out it wasnt them but is me, my junk was picked over and no one wanted it, I left it all for free and got fresh stock boom I was back in business...
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

Sep 2017
    Indiana
    F75LTD, G2+, Tesoros
    18 times
    Metal Detecting
    There are some new detectors on the horizon that will be a big step up in performance from any detector made in the last 50 yrs. I believe people are waiting to see their performance and price..

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    24002 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Some younger folks have no idea about a thing called "history" before they arrived on the scene. I think good items will always have a place. Marginal stuff, not so much.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3815 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Some younger folks have no idea about a thing called "history" before they arrived on the scene. I think good items will always have a place. Marginal stuff, not so much.
    I agree with this. Nor do they care about it! As normal as treasure hunting seems to us it's that strange to them....
    Jarl and smokeythecat like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    510 times
    2018/2019 were big years with some great detectors. Most people are using them.

Jun 2017
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coinshooter View Post
    It appears that nobody is interested in buying anything anymore. Not just my stuff, but lots of other folks appear to be lowering prices with no response. What is going on? Have people just lost interest? Is the weather a factor? Is there a new generation that wants just new stuff? What are your thoughts?? Classifieds is stagnant.
    Honestly, I believe it is a combination of so many different factors. Younger people do not seem as interested (I am a younger person, but love the hobby). I try to get friends interested but all they find to them is "junk", but to me is history. It is honestly a shame, but there are so many laws and city ordinances in many areas of the country that no longer make this a viable hobby. It's hard to spend hundreds of dollars on a hobby you aren't able to partake in. Another point, I haven't seen much innovation in technology over the last 20-30 years in metal detectors. We are limited on the power needed to get deeper into the ground and for the most part how much deeper are we willing to go? My Fisher CZ will go just as deep as my AT Pro and can ID just as well, but there are many older machines out there and have been handed down. We are probably back logged in a way. Back then the machines were made to last probably too many years, but I am thankful for that. As with most things I believe it is cyclical and now may be one of those down times. However, I want you and everyone to continue to add treasure hunting equipment to the classifieds. There may be more people out there who want to rediscover the past and enjoy the hunt as I do. Truth be told I have too many detectors as it is, but if I had the option I would buy every last one. Don't give up on the community just yet.
    coinshooter and delnorter like this.

us
    Nov 2010
    38 times
    Old gear just not worth the money to buy when new gear is much more improved and better bang for the buck. Plus warranty

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    So. Cal.
    268 times
    If you look through the classifieds there are many good pieces there for sale, but it appears lots of folks are not getting any bites. Would it be possible for the mods to move this up on the list to a place closer to the top? It is always a hassle to scroll all the way to the bottom to find this section and I am sure it might get more attention if it was closer to the top (givin the current internet folks attention span).
    smokeythecat likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Central Oregon
    Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
    119 times
    Prospecting
    What I really dislike when I open up the classifieds is threads that aren't even a classified!!!

I have this page on my favorites (no scrolling needed), check it every day for some gadget that I don't need.

But threads that don't belong, or people not marking items that are sold are my pet peeves.
    smokeythecat and Toecutter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    15172 times
    Relic Hunting
    Take a look at ebay, and when you see common three ringed civil war bullets, or iron case shot going for $12 bucks or more, and people are buying them, it makes you wonder why they can't buy from us, cheaply on here.
    smokeythecat likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

Bullets wanted! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tr...ml#post6272084

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    So. Cal.
    268 times
    True, but this thread is related to classifieds, so I wanted to get feedback from those who actually look at them.
    smokeythecat likes this.

Aug 2019
    2 times
    The economy is not good. The stock market sure does make it seem that way though!
    smokeythecat and clv like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links