Rock Tumbler

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ask at yard sales , a lot of people have then tucked away and forgot about the even have one

OP
OP
M

mncricket

Greenie
Oct 15, 2009
My local HF is out of them....I suppose I could wait until they get some in....the double barrel thing is a good idea. Do the HF ones work OK? I have heard some not so reliable things about them.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One I bought is Chicago Tumbler, just like the link I posted, as I said there it has ran perfectly for over a year, ran over $450 in clad through it with no problems. You have to seperate the pennies from the rest of the clad or it stains it all brown...

OP
OP
M

mncricket

Greenie
Oct 15, 2009
Do you have to have an altogether different barrel for the pennies or can you just dothem in a differenct batch?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mncricket said:
Do you have to have an altogether different barrel for the pennies or can you just dothem in a differenct batch?

You have to change the tumbling material, gravel or what ever it is your using in the barrol, but you can use the same barrol, just rinse it out....

nmtha

Nov 29, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer II, and ace 250
I got one of the single barrell tumblers and have had no issues. i thin it was a little cheaper than the double. good for the price! :icon_thumright:

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you have to clean your clad? cant you just roll it up and take it to the bank?

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using one of these for years, actually about 15 years cause it used to be the kids before they moved on.

rocktumbler.jpg

It just keeps on going and going, never had a problem with it, just plug it in and leave
in the garage cause it makes a ton of racket but it does the job.

Don't know if they still sell the same model as I have or if its still built good but I like it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SkyPirate said:
Why do you have to clean your clad? cant you just roll it up and take it to the bank?

Many of the coins are so dirty you can't see what they are, many times you can't even tell if they are silver or clad......I do my best to screen them before cleaning them to try to save the silver, usually dimes or quarters.....The older silvers are easier to tell... tell....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread