🙋 WANTED Minelab Profind Pinpointer

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Garrett and it works. I have never tired the Minelab. Whichever one you get, practice with it to see how it works. I have to be within two inches for the Garrett to work.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrizLeeBear said:
I have the Garrett and it works. I have never tired the Minelab. Whichever one you get, practice with it to see how it works. I have to be within two inches for the Garrett to work.

Have had both,lost my Garrett,I wish I had of lost the minelab instead

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab is new to the scene and costs about $160, right? If someone is selling one at this point it must suck. I'm not sure how you can improve on the Garrett ProPointer.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Minelab has a few more features that the Propointer doesn't(sound or vibrate, adjustable sensitivity and shielding to cut down on chatter, at least when it is off)-although the Pro has that scraping edge: what is that really for though? I definitely don't want to scrape a coin while it's in the hole. Of course the Garrett is cheaper. I use a brass probe to initially try to "old-school" pinpoint and then then the battery powered version comes out if that fails.
The Minelab is new to the scene and costs about $160, right? If someone is selling one at this point it must suck. I'm not sure how you can improve on the Garrett ProPointer.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Minelab has a few more features that the Propointer doesn't(sound or vibrate, adjustable sensitivity and shielding to cut down on chatter, at least when it is off)-although the Pro has that scraping edge: what is that really for though? I definitely don't want to scrape a coin while it's in the hole. Of course the Garrett is cheaper. I use a brass probe to initially try to "old-school" pinpoint and then then the battery powered version comes out if that fails.

Well straight out of the box I put a couple rounds of electrical tape over the ProPointer speaker (as most do) so the sound is well muted and it also vibrates all the time so you can still use it with the headphones on when it's windy out and tell what's going. I really don't know why you need adjusted sensitivity, care to explain? As far as the scraper is concerned, I'm not sure if anyone even uses it. I own 2 ProPointers and quite honestly I forgot it was even there.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably don't need adjustable sensitivity, mostly I was just mentioning the extra features. I have a Vibraprobe so I know the benefits of that feature(I didn't know it had vibrate or maybe I forgot). I don't like drawing attention with the audio signal. My friend I have been hunting with has a propointer and I hear it from far away as he is homing in on his target. I saw the tape idea on another thread, it IS a good idea.
Well straight out of the box I put a couple rounds of electrical tape over the ProPointer speaker (as most do) so the sound is well muted and it also vibrates all the time so you can still use it with the headphones on when it's windy out and tell what's going. I really don't know why you need adjusted sensitivity, care to explain? As far as the scraper is concerned, I'm not sure if anyone even uses it. I own 2 ProPointers and quite honestly I forgot it was even there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread