🙋 WANTED Garrett Beach Hunter AT3 coil

Kiwi52

Apr 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to buy a coil for the Garrett Beach Hunter AT3.
The coil has died on my machine so at present I am using a coil off a Garrett of similar age, which does work but I have been told that there are 2 different frequencies and I don't know what this one is
There is a small round sticker that says Deep Seeker 5.5 on the faulty coil
Cheers Kiwi
from downunder in New Zealand

ME2dig

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2014
Mid TN
Detector(s) used
Sov GT- Compass GS - CZ7a Pro - Big Bud (original) - Tesoro: Vaq, Stingray, SS+ , SS11 - Garrett: Ace250, AT3(2), Freedom 111, Freedom 111+ - Whites: Surfmaster11
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't have a coil for sale but maybe I can help you identify what you need. The AT3 operates at 5.5khz...the stock coil is 7 1/2 inches. The coil has the longer cable for hip/chest mounting. The cable is also hardwired and enters the control box through a waterproof connector. The AT3 is a wading version of the early Freedom 111. The Freedom 111 has a shorter cable and a female connector to install to the control box. Several coils are available for that unit. I have a couple of the AT's and modified one by cutting the cable and installing a male connector which allowed me to use the Freedom coils. If you do that be sure you leave adequate length on the old cable to allow hip mounting. Don't get the later AT4 or Freedom 111 plus Crossfire coils. They are 6.5khz & won't work on the AT3.....Hope this helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions