Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Still looking...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can be found in most marine stores, you can use the aluminum handles for deck brooms that are sold....

You can take your lower shaft in if you want to check the fit...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know anyone that builds or repairs the folding canopies for boats, the aluminum tubing they use is the exact same size you need. I found a tattered canopy for sale and bought it for the tubing, now I have enuf for a couple more incase I break one or buy another excel. The handle, you can buy from a bicycle shop, save yourself a lot of money. Hardest part is the twist lock, I removed the one from my old S shaft and used it. Been working for years no problem.

You can also make one from the hardware store, the gray semi-rigid plastic tubing used in houses, (not the thin walled stuff)there is a size that you can get (you will have to ream it slightly for the lower shaft to fit) its thick walled (1/8") grab a T then a reducer then a short smaller in diameter piece for the arm cuff to fit and it works ok. I ended up epoxying an oak dowel rod into the lower portion to make it more rigid. This was one of my experiments, I wanted to keep any and all metal away from the coil, including the upper shaft.

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks TH and TS

Top Member Reactions