🙋 WANTED Treasure Hunters Manual #7 by Karl Von Mueller

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Check Albiris and Ebay, they can be found there if you're willing to pay the right price. Usually you can expect to pay around 40 or 50 bucks, but if you're patient and pay attention you might surprise yourself. I would reccomend buying the GOld Bug 1966 edition, as all others after it are modified from the original. RAM publishing are the most common to find, these were published on several occasion. There is also a third ediction, put out by the Eight States Association, but I can't speak to how this one was changed form the orginal.

OP
OP
Trooper733

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info Randy. I have tried all the online bookstores, and keep an eye on them regularly, I found one on Amazon by a third party seller for 70 dol which is more than I want to pay. I will start looking for a 1966 edition, sounds like that's the one to have then.

I remember Von Mueller coming to Territory Town USA which is just West of the town where I live along Interstate 40. Back in the late 60's several of the old TH'rs used to hang out there occasionally. The owner of Territory Town was Lloyd Parsons, and I can remember at different times seeing Von Mueller, Charles Garrett, and other big names in TH there, Usually stopping by on their way to a treasure show in Oklahoma City.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was one sold on ebay 2 weeks ago.. I may know where one is in Atoka.. detecting friend passed away and his wife has his books.. I know he had several of Mueller's books.. I will check.. Message me if you can't find one.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Problem with those on Amazon is they aren't designated for the most part by version. You'd have to contact the seller's to verify the version you were buying. I'd advise to be patient, they come up for sale frequently and if you have a few weeks or months to kill you can likely get one without overpaying. Or, alternatively, you cna overpay and be done with it. :)

Good copies can be hard to come by, the RAM versions spnies crack frequently. Word is they did this on purpose to prevent people from photocopying without damanging the book. I'm of the beleif they simply used cheap materials and after 40 or 50 years book glue can easily become dried and brittle. Upside to a bad spine is you can copy thins you want without fear of damaging as it's already damaged. Not much of an upside if you ask me.

Randy

OP
OP
Trooper733

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the only one I have is a #6 and it is a RAM version and it is coming apart along the spine. PM sent about books in Atoka

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah the only one I have is a #6 and it is a RAM version and it is coming apart along the spine. PM sent about books in Atoka
I didn't get the pm.. but I did call her and she is going to check her storage to see which ones he had... I will let you know..

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a couple on ebay tonight for around 38$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread