Garrett Master Hunter ADS III

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Every once in a while I go on Ebay looking for the same, last time in there was one listed as "Parts Only" and they wanted about $150 for it. The ADS III was my first really good detector, and I have no idea what I did with it :(

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I met an older guy a couple weeks back. said he's been metal detecting 35 years. shared some good stories with him. he said he had a couple garrett gt 350's and I think he said he also said he had 2 garrett master hunters I didn't see them so I don't know if they were ads 3's or what. i never used one or know of anybody that had one so I wasn't that interested.to me I don't see how machines that old could compare to the newer machines of today. i'd like to know how one of these would compare to say a fisher 1270 or a cz.i was thinking of going back before it gets cold out and talking to this guy again I don't know if he'd part with either of his machines.he probably has an extra one for back up. if I get back there give me an idea what this would be worth to ya -nomad

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nomad!

If you see him again, please see what he'd want for one. And if you could see if he'd rather deal direct that'd be good.

Hate to say, but a lot of the older machines had at least as good depth as current machines. My opinion for what's worth is the manufacturers realized they couldn't improve on that so concentrated on the bells & whistles. The older machines make you learn what they're telling you. I started with an old BFO, and the learning curve was big especially for a kid. In later years I bought a Sovereign with all the loops and the meter. I think I've used the meter maybe 3 times.
Garrett has a blood hound coil that essentially made it a two box detector. If I can find a box, that'd be a lot better than paying $1000 - $1300 for a dedicated two box. Not to mantion having to hump two machines in the field! If it works out PM me. Thanks for thinking of me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread