Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just use PayPal but I buy from Charter Members on here mostly or the Supported Vendors.

OP
OP
Metal Magnet

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks! nice ring btw.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Read the info that the moderators have regarding purchases. I usually try to only purchase from someone who routinely advertises and posts on hear cause they have their reps to lose if I report them. If in doubt about someone's legitimacy, I will use the "purchase goods" option in Paypal and pay the 2.9%. This way I am able to open a claim against someone.

In purchasing/selling online for well over 10 years, I have only thoroughly been burned on Amazon once and probably 3 times on Ebay. I was able to get resolution on Ebay each time, but on Amazon I fell for a scam where I sent the goods to someone who had obtained my email when they asked me to send pictures to a particular address. They then they sent me a phony email which appeared to be from Amazon telling me to ship the item. I sent the goods and then a few days later tried to get the item back but I couldn't get the Post Office to even track and find it, let alone stop the shipment. What I learned is to never exchange emails unless I build a relationship or trust someone and never ship without verifying payment. Very expensive lesson on my part.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Please note in using Paypal, as Pointman states - if you use PayPal gift, there is no buyer's protection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions