🙋 WANTED Looking for a 17" CTX3030 coil

OP
OP
choppadude

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND ONE!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats!

Mine is due day after tomorrow, Thursday. I started a thread asking for advice on mine, like in pinpointing. I'd read it was different. No responses yet.

Let's exchange info as we explore the new toys!

Keep the faith, it's not always DEEP, but how big a plug are we going to have to dig?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats!

Mine is due day after tomorrow, Thursday. I started a thread asking for advice on mine, like in pinpointing. I'd read it was different. No responses yet.

Let's exchange info as we explore the new toys!

Keep the faith, it's not always DEEP, but how big a plug are we going to have to dig?

On the pinpointing, it seems to work the same. You just have to be a little more methodical. I always push the pinpoint button twice (retune) and then swing and do an "X" pattern paying attention to when the sound gets the highest. I generally can get a pinpoint right within 2 inches of a coin if it isn't too deep. With the big 17" you will routinely get coin size objects at 12 inches so you have to be much more precise with your plugs and pinpointing.

I would also suggest one of those lightweight shoulder harnesses for when you have to carry it across a field. The big coil excels in large open areas. You can cover a lot of ground fast and when you deal with plowed areas, the loss of depth from the unevenness of the rows isn't as big an issue with the 17" coil.

In close, I use the 17" coil much more than the smallest one. I do mostly houses and the stock coil always seems to do the job, but in open areas, the largest coil goes to work.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions