❎ SOLD Disabled U.S. Navy Veteran looking for deal on CTX-3030 or XP Deus

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I retired from the Navy a year ago with a 90% disability rating. It took me a year to find work so my credit is in the toilet. I'm hoping to find someone that is looking to sell a CTX-3030 or XP Deus at a discounted rate, or allow me to make payments with no interest. I thought about Kellyco's payment plans but their interest rates are insanely high. I had to trade my last detector for a garage door opener in order to complete a short sale on my home. I'm now back on my feet and headed the right direction but itching to detect again so I thought it might not hurt to post here! Thanks!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello. I retired from the Navy a year ago with a 90% disability rating. It took me a year to find work so my credit is in the toilet. I'm hoping to find someone that is looking to sell a CTX-3030 or XP Deus at a discounted rate, or allow me to make payments with no interest. I thought about Kellyco's payment plans but their interest rates are insanely high. I had to trade my last detector for a garage door opener in order to complete a short sale on my home. I'm now back on my feet and headed the right direction but itching to detect again so I thought it might not hurt to post here! Thanks!

Hey man, thank your for your service, I am rated at 100% combined rating, 18 years Army.

Layaway

Try this place, they are very professional and ready to answer any questions you have.

hooah

Dec 31, 2014
Old Dominion
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro (Garrett AT Pro 8.5x11" PROformance DD Search Coil, Garrett AT Pro 4.5" Super Sniper Coil), Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am a disabled veteran (U.S. Army) as well. Have you thought about going with a cheaper detector instead of asking for a discounted $2,500 one? Especially if you are not in the best financial position? I know I can't afford a CTX-3030 or XP Deus so not to cause a financial strain on my family. A used AT Pro would still get you out there hunting. If you find yourself in NOVA, I can show you some spots to hunt.

OP
OP
newbieprospector

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob: Thanks, and thank you for your service. I saw that on their site but I've seen used ones go for half the price they are asking. Just thought I'd throw the post out there to see if there was anyone that could make a dream come true sooner rather than later ;) .

Hooah: Thanks for your service. I actually thought about the AT Pro, but I'm no longer in the financial position I was. I found a job allowing flex hours so I can still take care of my VA stuff. Since I have been able to get caught back up, I have begun saving for the detector I want (found an old civil war site that looks untouched). I have seen the Deus go for as little as $900 and the CTX go for as little as $1200, used of course. Just thought I'd throw the post out there to see if there was anyone that could make a dream come true sooner rather than later ;) .

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
I served 10 years ad well. Big Boys Hobbies has a great deal going on new and has several holiday bundles going on as well as military gets a 15% discount. Maybe he can do a layaway for you as well. In the bundle packages he includes things like Garrett propointers, lesche diggers, Samson shovels and other things. Check out his site. Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector | BigBoysHobbies

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am rated at 100% disabled USAF. I dive and detect and that is one of the only enjoyments I get out of life.

I don't know why a person has to come to a forum and ask complete strangers for help with one of the most expensive machines out there. You have no family or friends you can ask?

I believe your best bet is a layaway program instead of hoping someone will let you have credit. Two years ago I couldn't even get a debit card with my credit union because of my credit. Now I have absolutely no problems with credit cards or loans.

I realize you have to start somewhere, however asking strangers to trust unless they have money to loan and forget about is pretty risky for them.

Put one on layaway and make your payments on time. Your spots will still be there to detect after your final payment is made and the machine is in your hands. Thank you for your service also.

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a cheaper but good detector, use your finds to pay for the better one. 22 years USAF they say I'm disabled I don't. I get my detectors from eBay then upgrade as they provide. Running the AT Pro and V3i now.
Would like to thank all my Brothers in Arm for your service

MackDog

OP
OP
newbieprospector

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I served 10 years ad well. Big Boys Hobbies has a great deal going on new and has several holiday bundles going on as well as military gets a 15% discount. Maybe he can do a layaway for you as well. In the bundle packages he includes things like Garrett propointers, lesche diggers, Samson shovels and other things. Check out his site. Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector | BigBoysHobbies

Thanks!!!

OP
OP
newbieprospector

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am rated at 100% disabled USAF. I dive and detect and that is one of the only enjoyments I get out of life.

I don't know why a person has to come to a forum and ask complete strangers for help with one of the most expensive machines out there. You have no family or friends you can ask?

I believe your best bet is a layaway program instead of hoping someone will let you have credit. Two years ago I couldn't even get a debit card with my credit union because of my credit. Now I have absolutely no problems with credit cards or loans.

I realize you have to start somewhere, however asking strangers to trust unless they have money to loan and forget about is pretty risky for them.

Put one on layaway and make your payments on time. Your spots will still be there to detect after your final payment is made and the machine is in your hands. Thank you for your service also.

Thanks for your service as well and thanks for the post!

Too explain the why...seems quite a few people end up not liking the weight of the CTX-3030 so they end up selling them. Just figured it didn't hurt to ask here, in case one of those folks is watching. ;) I'm already seeing light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my finances since I've found the job. Even putting some aside for the detector. I also wouldn't expect, if I did make payments, that anyone would send the detector until it was paid in full.

Just saw this as a possible way to help me get my dream machine a little faster if there was an individual looking to sell their used one. Guess I should have been more specific.

OP
OP
newbieprospector

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a cheaper but good detector, use your finds to pay for the better one. 22 years USAF they say I'm disabled I don't. I get my detectors from eBay then upgrade as they provide. Running the AT Pro and V3i now.
Would like to thank all my Brothers in Arm for your service

MackDog

Thanks!

OP
OP
newbieprospector

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not asking anyone to extend me credit.
I am currently saving.
Hoping to find someone looking to sell at a discount.
With many deployments I did not have the opportunity to post regularly much less visit regularly.
I did have someone offer me another detector free and I turned it down.

I'm only asking if someone here decides they want to sell a CTX or DEUS, and they are willing to let me make payments to them, please let me know. I'm not looking to receive the machine until they are paid in full. If I don't come across a deal or arrangement, oh well, then I will purchase one when I have saved enough.

Did that answer your questions?

Oh...and I had a GPX-4500 that I was borrowing occasionally from a friend until last year when he was sent overseas.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Member is violated no rules by asking for a deal on a detector and should be afforded same courtesy as anyone looking for a detector. They do not need to be questioned or grilled on their need for the detector or on number of posts. We have many members who have been here many years but post very little.....

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Member is violated no rules by asking for a deal on a detector and should be afforded same courtesy as anyone looking for a detector. They do not need to be questioned or grilled on their need for the detector or on number of posts. We have many members who have been here many years but post very little.....

Sorry I made that mistake. Glad I messaged you so I would understand. Please accept my apology OP and Moderator.

Anyone with a CTX or Deus for sale interested in helping him PLEASE PM ME.

And in thinking about this last message, I would think if I was the OP that I was up to no good. I actually want to help as a moderator knows. it's all good.

Last edited:

hooah

Dec 31, 2014
Old Dominion
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro (Garrett AT Pro 8.5x11" PROformance DD Search Coil, Garrett AT Pro 4.5" Super Sniper Coil), Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob: Thanks, and thank you for your service. I saw that on their site but I've seen used ones go for half the price they are asking. Just thought I'd throw the post out there to see if there was anyone that could make a dream come true sooner rather than later ;) .

Hooah: Thanks for your service. I actually thought about the AT Pro, but I'm no longer in the financial position I was. I found a job allowing flex hours so I can still take care of my VA stuff. Since I have been able to get caught back up, I have begun saving for the detector I want (found an old civil war site that looks untouched). I have seen the Deus go for as little as $900 and the CTX go for as little as $1200, used of course. Just thought I'd throw the post out there to see if there was anyone that could make a dream come true sooner rather than later ;) .

CTX 3030 is also my dream detector. I hope you can get one! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread