🙋 WANTED Want to buy a miller table.

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a miller table, yes I know they are New 250ish.
I’ve seen some terrific builds of them.
I just don’t have the time myself to build one myself.
Maybe someone has one they don’t use anymore?
I’m good with the smaller style which mounts on top of a tub
Etc. Small is a ok. Seems average I’ve seen are 14inches or so?
Thanks for reading.

afreakofnature

Nov 16, 2010
My friend. I have had a Miller table before and really they are just for people who think they can skip panning. If u are really going after just dust put only like a table spoon or teaspoon of material on you pan and learn the tap method. Gold hog has excellent videos on this to help u learn. Save your self the money cause once u learn it will be easier and quicker

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend. I have had a Miller table before and really they are just for people who think they can skip panning. If u are really going after just dust put only like a table spoon or teaspoon of material on you pan and learn the tap method. Gold hog has excellent videos on this to help u learn. Save your self the money cause once u learn it will be easier and quicker
I’ll have to Give that more of a whirl. Been trying it and yesterday I swore I had a line of dust gold.
But when I looked under 60x magnification it was fine fine blondes lol. I ran 6 sample table spoons yesterday. Pretty sure I got everything but may have missed some micro and all. I’m saving all concentrates and black sands until I’m comfortable I’m not leaving any behind haha

afreakofnature

Nov 16, 2010
I understand how u feel, I have only been Prospecting for 11 years so others are more seasoned than me but I used to be like that too. Get every piece of dust. Then after doing that for years I realized that dust sucks I want chunky gold lol. I leave the dust now for the next generation and use my time looking for pockets. I might not have gold every trip as in dust, but when I find the chunks it way more gold than if I focused on the dust. Plus my time is better spent exploring. Anyways just some wisdom I locked up. It is so funny as I am watching my young friend go through this too. I told him that eventually he will come full circle and end up going back to the good ole pan and sluice and find more than using all the fancy extra gear lol. Good thing for me is I was able to resell most of my equipment that I purchased like that over years and for a slight profit! Good luck my friend. Get the gold!!

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea days like today a miller table would have been helpful! Lol..
So I got my earth magnet. Used a mason jar and swirling took away most of the magnetite to the side of the jar.
This worked really well surprisingly. I uncovered about another 10 pieces of gold from very small to microdot.
So I get all but one or two, I go to squeeze my snuffer and grab the final two parts..
Yea.... that’s where it went wrong. As I squeezed I shot out not only the gold I had just gathered but another 14 or so pieces all over the pan and into the black sand..
that took a while to clean up. Then I had the bright idea of rince the pan and try to get rid of the black sand that’s accumulated in the bottle.. I’m pretty sure I lost a little gold today.
I did put the super concentrates into a mason jar.
But that also means I need to separate my micro gold with the black sand AGAIN haha.
I guess my bottle angle and tube were just perfectly aligned to dump out that gold.
I really should dry what I have now and get a weight..

Still would like to get on the claim and start testing. But after seeing the weather today below 30
I’ll wait for the cold snap to pass.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still wanted. Still hasn’t even had time to build.
Though I did some claim sampling and it was sandy as heck!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread