Miner John coils and TDI pro.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Frank! I really like the MJ 8 x 12 for prospecting, with my SL, but don't know anything about beach hunting. I've got an experienced beach-hunting friend in Florida, and he really likes the MJ 8 x 14, or whatever the next step up is from the 8 x 12. I also like the Nugget Finder series for the GPX's, though they're expensive.
Jim

OP
OP
F

FrankS

Sep 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim,

I have read many of your posts and greatly appreciate the information you provide. I am going to make the 4x18650 battery mod soon.

I would love to get my hands on a miner John coil but their hard to come by since his unfortunate situation. There is a Razorback 15x12 coil on eBay for 150.00. Do you think they will perform as good as the miner John coil? Thanks.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes...Miner John bought the rights to the Razorback line. Any Razorback would be a good coil on the TDI's.
Jim

OP
OP
F

FrankS

Sep 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It possible to have a mono coil be a DD design. The DD has to do with the way the coil shaped. Razorback made a whole series of coil types for the TDI's.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread