❎ SOLD WTB good stainless steel sand scoop...(or ss reinforced)

whyired

Greenie
May 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I'm looking to purchase a good stainless steel sand scoop. Something that will work well in lakes and rivers. Possibly dealing with rocks, clay, etc. that one find here in the new hampshire/new england area.

I'm either looking for something without a pole or with a 2 peice pole. I was originally looking at the RTG 5" travel scoop, but some of the posts I've read have me second guessing that option due to the small scoop size.

2 things worth mentioning, I plan to use a floating sifter, so the scoop will be acting as a shovel for dumping on to the sifter.

Also the reason for needing a travel scoop type setup is that I won't be able to drive. It's going to be all hiking, so everything has to go in a backpack.

Any and all help and feedback is much appreciated. Much love and gratitude.

Dave.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I live and breathe by my Stealth scoop, but just learned today on here they'd been bought out and are now produced by someone else in Kalifornia.

They may still keep the "Stealth" name. Note that mine is not a travel scoop....

OP
OP
W

whyired

Greenie
May 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stealth definitely seems to a favorite of many. Not sure I can afford it but I been thinking about it. In regards to the travel part, I may have to buy a handle/pole that disassembles into 2. That would make most scoops fit the bill.

Much love and gratitude for the feedback.

OP
OP
W

whyired

Greenie
May 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sincerely appreciate the suggestion.

I've considered this scoop but I was worried it wasn't strong enough given some of the stuff said on forums, etc.

Honestly glad to hear positive feedback on this setup, as it would be a easy solution ��.

Much love and gratitude.

Last edited:

Bleemus

Greenie
May 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Starvr V33 model is very beefy and you can get a carbon travel pole from them that fits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread