Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and family just bought a more than 100 y/o home in Pa, on about 20 acres. My wife loaned her Tesoro to our 12 y/o grandson, to see if he wanted to try MD'ing there. She gave him a quick how to lesson, and left it (100 miles from us). He tried it out, and found a few things, and he's pretty excited about it.

We want to give him something similar so she can get hers back, and maybe go hunting together. Do you have one I can buy for him? Thanks!

Girl Scout medal.
img1.jpg

img2.jpg

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you checked out the Makro Mini and the Hoard

OP
OP
Bill - De

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, etc. might be more suitable for him. He's using my wife's Silver uMax, so something along those lines.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, the best "starter" machines these days are the Simplex and Vanquish. They do so much more than other "starter" machines for very little more money. Plus, Tesoro is no longer in business, so, what happens when you need to repair it?

OP
OP
Bill - De

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent point, cudamark. It just never occurred to me, as we have 3 Tesoro's (and have had the Cutlass II uMax since new when they first came out. Never had a minutes trouble with any of them, and I couldn't get my wife to sell that detector for $500. She absolutely still loves it, and has had some AMAZING finds with it.

But I do hear lots of good things about the Nokta detectors, and I think I might sell my Sovereign GT, to buy a Simplex.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you really need a waterproof detector, I'd keep the Sovereign over the Simplex. It will be much better at a salt water beach.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrubby, sorry had to delete your post, only charter members are allowed to sell if person who posted want ad is not a charter member, there must always be a charter member involved in every sale or trade, if you become a charter member we will restore your post.

scrubby

Oct 17, 2010
NW Pa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Explorer ll, Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250, Fisher CZ21(8”&10 1/2” & F75, Teknetics T2, Tesoro Tiger Shark,Tejon,El Dorado & Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread