Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[Quote jewels ; "So Obvious, Yet so Difficult" ]

Just Like The Book 8)

That's alright jewels.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I didn't See it, Till I read your Post & looked? ?:D
? ?The Hardest things for ME to find, are Usually the ones, Right under my Nose?? ;D

? ? ? ( Which, When Looking For Something, "Under Your Nose" is usually the First Place To Look? 8) )
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?J E F F

C

caseys40

Hello everyone.. I would like to state that I have just spent the last 4 days (at 4-6 hours a day) going thru the last 20 pages of posts. At 100 posts a page, thats 2000 posts to read!!! All along the way when someone new would come in and ask a question, a lot of the people on here would tell them to go back to the beginning of the posts and start reading.. My Goodness, I wouldn't wish that on ANYBODY! It wouldn't be so bad to go thru, but when someone says something someone didn't like, then there's all these unnecessary postings of "trash talk" and what have you all over the place. What a PAIN to read all of that to try to get some simple answer to a simple question. I have only had my book for about 3 weeks, and when I posted things, I realized that after going back thru all the postings, that yes, my questions or observations were already discovered or answered. How easy and quick and POLITE it would be to take a minute to type the answer to them, instead of telling them to go back thru the postings! I new nothing of this book until my cousin (my best friend) in Reno NV told me about it and bought the book for me. I'm sure as time goes on there will be others who will hear about the book and find this sight. And like me, they will say things that they have found (that have already been discovered long ago), or ask a question (that has already been asked 1000 times). Please find the courtesy to NOT TELL THEM TO GO BACK THRU THE POSTS, but to take a minute or two of your time to just answer the question if you can. One thing very confusing about the earlier posts that I noticed was that people would say a certain page number to look at, but it didn't "jive" with the page I was on...it didn't add up, so something that may have been on page 12 long ago is now on page 9...know what I mean? I'm sorry to have rattled on, but after 4 very long days of reading all of the posts, my eyes are tired, my brain is fried, and I don't know if I'm coming or going....I'm a mom of 5 sons with the youngest who is 5 and demands a lot of my attention, and gives me plenty of interruptions, and disrupts my concentration!!!!! Sorry if I have offended anyone..not my intention...for the most part you are all very wonderful and kind people and also entertaining at times...Best of luck to everyone on this sight for finding a token...............Susan

C

cegodsey

Susan, How very true! Both with answering people's questions and the kids, and then I've got work (which I'm very fortunate to be able to do most at home). Anyhow, yes, from now on we should all just answer the questions, but also tell them that they need to scan through the old posts to answer any new questions they may have AND give them more insight into what lies ahead. Also, you're right about the page numbers changing. Instead of page numbers, we need to use the post number. That doesn't change.

So you did the right thing - by going back through all of it. What have you found out? What questions remain unanswered that we have forgotten about? Have you grouped the clues for each jewel? I know in here we jump around so much, it's hard to keep new ideas associated with their correct jewel.

Personally, I'm just having fun with all of it. I don't think we have enough info yet to make sense of any specific location. There are so many places that seem to jive with the clues. It's like when you buy a car, then you notice a lot more of your type of car. They were always there, but you never paid attention to them.

I spent a good while last night scanning all the drop cap letters into my computer. Maybe I can find something like what I found with the drop cap O. But, summer school is fixing to start Monday, and I have a bunch of muscle images that I have to get up on the school's net, so I've got to redirect my energies for a while.

shadoelady

Feb 5, 2005
cegodsey, you just said something that caught my attention...about grouping clues for each token???? are you grouping by page that each critter is on or some other method since some pages/chapters have 2 of the hidden critters in them or what??? thank you for your time. shadoelady

C

caseys40

cegodsey, thanks for being "kind" to my blabbering...it was just a loooonnnngggg process going thru all those posts! The thing about the post number would be good, unfortunately for most of the stuff I have jotted into my book of notes, I didn't put the post #. Anyways, it's over and done, and I'm caught up now, and plan to stay that way. I had one notebook going, just jotting stuff down as I found things or by reading the posts, and it turned into a mess. So, tonight, I took a new notebook, and am trying to put catagories in this notebook. So far so good. You wondered if I had found anything new, and the only thing I found so far is about the number of seeds floating away from the dandelions. Someone said on pg 77 that there were 32 seeds floating around. Actually, there are 33. Maybe the one that they are missing is the one hidden in the border on the right. It's just a little over 2" up from the bottom of the black border. Not the one that is half way up. Does it mean anything to me? Not yet, I haven't gotten that deep in to the dandelion thing yet. I'm not even sure I know what I'm looking for. I don't have a clue how to group a bug with a clue. I don't have a CLUE as to what the heck all this talk is about 5x5 is. I went to a page about it, and it scared the heebie jeebies out of me!!! :o The same with cryptogrms.. :-\ So without understanding any of that I don't think I really know what I am doing besides passing the time away....I'm a stay at home mom with lots of time (most of the time) to drive myself crazy with this. It's fun, entertaining, and gives me a link to the outside world. But I'll keep at it and adding whatever I can to help someone out. Does the dandelion floaty things mean anything to you? I know it has something to do with time, but not sure what at this point. Thanks again for your tolerance with me.....Susan

C

cegodsey

shadoelady - I haven't actually done it. ?I'm too lazy. ?But, if I were to gather all the info for each token, I would do it by the pages that contain the critter (even if they have more than one). ?I would include the lines from the poem that land on that critter's pages. ?I WOULDN'T include the pages that have hidden "critter-like" images, such as what I've posted, because I don't really believe that they are what he wanted us to see. ?We see a lot of what we want to see. ?Especially faces - that is a term called matrixing, where we see two dots and can make out a face. ?As in, if you stare at something at home, like a wall, or the ceiling, or a patterned fabric, you WILL see faces. ?MS has hidden each creature with a specific "icon," and I believe that is a true clue page for that creature. ?Of course, this is my personal opinion, and I could be wrong. ?Also, in the text, Zac sees things he had never seen before, so I could definitely be wrong. ?I guess that tells what kind of person I am - I go with solid evidence, and I don't take chances.

susan - I haven't looked, but are all the dandelion seeds at angles that are a multiple of 45 degrees? ?That could be a real clue, just like the drop cap O. ?I'm not sure if the dandelion puzzle refers to all of the tokens, or just one. ?As to the 33rd seed, that's why I tell people to try to verify any clues that are posted. ?Good job. ?I found it earlier, but I didn't actually count the seeds. ?Speaking of the 'O', I'm going to try to fill-in the areas covered by the notches. ?If you'd like, I can post the result in the gallery.

As to the 5x5 box, who knows? I sure don't. Too vague.

L

lisadee

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but...does anyone remember where the reference to 3 2 2 is in the book? I think I remember reading about the numbers 3 2 2 somewhere on here....but I have scanned over the posts and don't see it... TIA!!! ;)

C

cegodsey

pg. 19 lines in leaves in lower left corner. Is that the answer you were looking for?

C

cegodsey

Oh, and post # 1997 has some of the best info.

The rest of ya - did ya know that YORAH is an old jewish name?

L

lisadee

Thanks!!!!! ? But that's the one I just found... :( ?I was thinking there was another reference to 3 2 2....but it could have been this one and I just forgot about it! ?Actually, that's quite possible since there is SO MANY things to remember in this book! ? ?;)

I'll go check out post #1997!!!! Thanks!

L

lisadee

I read post #1997....and speaking of druids...aren't they associated with Oaks and Mistletoe? Just wanted to throw that out there... ;D

J

jewels1301

cegodsey,

Did you notice that in the drop cap O, only two of the angled cuts in the frames actually connect to or are aligned with another on the other side. The rest intersect the border at random places.

Jewels

bamacherf

Mar 13, 2005
Alabama
Here is my update on my trip. I went to Ricketts Glen State park looking for the dragonfly token, we spent a day and a half there. We had to leave at 1030 am sunday morning to catch a flight back to Birmingham. We got home to find the token had been found by someone else...after we had left. I am glad to know at least that we were so close, we were in the beach area where it was found.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Bamacherf , I just checked ATT to see if it was posted yet and it still says no tokens redeemed . Were you with a group or on your own ? We are all dying to hear the details . Can you go into any details ? Please give us more as we are all dying to know . I'm sorry that it wasn't you to find it . I hope you are still in the game . Let us all know , carol

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
bamacherf , can you tell us how you got your findings or are we digging to hard or is it really right before our eyes ? Sorry for all the questions , but i have to ask . carol

J

jewels1301

How sure are we all that the D-fly token was really found. The ATT website says nothing redeemed. I guess we will have wait the 30 days. Remember everyone, that several months ago, all of the tokens were found and it was a hoax. I read the post on the other forum about the method of location and it sounds logical but then I have to ask why not turn it in? I'm waiting for the offical word from ATT.

Jewels

bamacherf

Mar 13, 2005
Alabama
The dragonfly token was really found. People were close and that is why MS posted that it had moved two inches. It was to let people know that no one had found it. It was a code of numbers 5 to a side. 12345. an even code with one piece nary. the 5x5 box. This gave a location as Ricketts Glen SP Falls Trail Sign. There are 3 major falle trail signs each 4ft x 6 ft. and 10 or so smaller signs. It appears the token was found near a smaller sign.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread