Treasure Clue, can you help?

L

LIW

OK, I ordered my book thru ebay. I got the kit (book, audio book, and companion guide) for about $35 including shipping. I received it this past Friday and its driven me nuts ever since. I read the posts, and everybody has had interesting things to say.

As for Jet, whoever that crackpot is, so far, the only thing I agree with is his mention of the knotholes. In the book, the knotholes seem to be a recurring theme. So, I'm guessing that at least some of the tokens are hidden in knotholes. As further support, the clue from the website was "tackle repositorys" and a repository is a place to put stuff. At any rate, I may be pointing out the obvious, but since no one else has discussed it, I thought it had merit. Now, if I could just narrow it down from the billion or so trees in the US, I'd really be getting somewhere.

Like someone else said, just my 2 cents.

Lil

H

hsmith

OK .... The border of the Fairy box of Ch 18 (p88), and the pattern of the letter in that box "I" is an identical pattern to where the two spiders are located on pp 20-21. This seems to occur in other areas as well--Ch 15 (69) the floral pattern in that fairy box matches the flowers surrounding the book Ye Nomenclature of Faeries on p 37. And for the person who wanted to know if there was more in the patteron of the front of that book by looking at it out of focus...the only thing I saw was a curly trail behind the bee--but it's wierd to do that with your eyes when there is text and the character. I think the key to solving the puzzle is in The Dream. Stadther says on p 11 in the Forward "Anyone who can read can discover the exact location of each treasure--JUST THE WAY ONE OF THE CHARACTERS DOES IN THE STORY." Zac discovers how to find the location of the jewels in his dream. And to finish my discoveries for the day--when Zac finds himself at the mouth of the Grotto and discovers the box with 25 boxes inside it he can suddenly "see things he had never seen before" What couldn't Zac see? The fairies, kootenstoopits, and pickensrooters (p42), "and he took those things and filled the small boxes with them...He knew where the jewls were hidden..." So an interpretation could be that when we can "see the things we haven't seen before" in the letter fairy boxes, we will understand and know where the jewels are hidden.

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
zac didnt see the faires untill the end of the storie in the dream he saw the forest differently then he had seen it
and i think the companion just adds more confusion to it

Mav
ps
im on to something will check on it in the morning ;)

D

DazedDave

Page 66 seems to have more to it than previously discussed.

The branches spell out a line to the poem "With names in hand the faries know",
and there are two snails on the page.

The branches also have a series of different sized dots (small med and large) along with circles with dots in them (small and large).

The Flowers are all pink except for one which is purple.

There is a capital letter S in the bottom left hand corner of the Letter Box.

The Dots and Circles in the branches must be some sort of code...BUT WHAT?

Dazed

G

Gret

The book is about TREES, and nothing but TREES...Special TREES, Historic TREES, Landmark TREES!
The clues will tell us which ones.

G

Gret

Tweleve is old English.
For the one that is missing you did not see...This is an easy one...but you have to connect it to a TREE.
Lot's of trees out there but only one that you can connect this clue to.

B

burgerboy905

tweleve.org is waiting to confirm that a token has been found...check it out... :'(

J

jjberries

P10: HIDDEN WELL NO EYE CAN SEE
P16: BELOW SKY AND ABOVE EARTH BE
P19: ...?
P20-21: TREASURES TWELEVE FOR OU TO KEEP
P22: AROUND THE STATES TWELVE PLACES TO SEEK
P25: NOT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY NOR IN ANYONE'S HANDS
P31: NOTHING TO BE DISTURBED THRU THE LANDS
P33: EACH IS OUTSIDE FOR YOU TO FIND
P36: ...?
P38-39: NO DIGGING OR PRYING JUST REACH INSIDE
P41: AN EVEN CODE WITH ONE PIECE NARY
P44: ...?
P46: WILL SPELL OUT THE SANCTUARY
P48: WITH IN THE TEXT YOU HAVE THE KEY
P52: FOR THE ONE THAT IS MISSING YOU DID NOT SEE
P55: ...?
P59: A CODE OF NUMBERS FIVE TO A SIDE
P63: REVEALS THE NAME WHERE ON THE TREASURES ABIDE
P66: WITH NAME IN HAND THE FAERIES KNOW
P69: AND THEY WILL SHOW YOU WHERE TO GO
P77: THERE ARE THIRTEEN (doesn't fit the poem)
P78: SEIZE YOUR TOKEN AND REACH YOUR GOAL
P80: ...?
P83: THE SECRET IS NOT HALF BUT IT IS NOT WHOLE
P86: ....?
P93: ...?
P101: ...?

S

senuseret

rockynelson said:
Some people are doing some great work.? I've been reading about cypher's.? There is a cypher called the Playfair Cypher.? It's 5 x 5 #'s.? Google it.? It may have something to do with it.?

Rocky

Take a look at:

pg. 16--fairy pointing to a box with 5 spaces down and 5 spaces across.
pg.45 --fairy pointing to a box 5 X 5 again--this time with a dragon inside (dragons being a running theme visually with no text refference in the book at all) You'll also see the Ant in this box.

pgs.86 and 87 describe both a message "moon like, moon like....." and a "box with 25 smaller boxes in it". Zac then picks up the box and fills it with "those things". At this point he find out where the jewels are hidden. It's possible the box in the story that Zac picks up is a Playfair Cipher box which has 5 spaces across and 5 spaces down. To encode a message in a Playfair Cipher the sender and receiver must agree on a Key Word. In this case I thought it was Dragon and the message being, "moon like, moon like" basically all that works out to complete gibberish and now I'm looking for a different Key word to plug in. I'm still curious to the drawing of dragons everywhere with no textual referrence....definitely a clue.

Possible the Fairies/Faeries have the clue.....from another post:

P59: A CODE OF NUMBERS FIVE TO A SIDE
P63: REVEALS THE NAME WHERE ON THE TREASURES ABIDE
P66: WITH NAME IN HAND THE FAERIES KNOW
P69: AND THEY WILL SHOW YOU WHERE TO GO

I think the Fairies could hold the Key Word to Playfair Cipher. Figure out what name they hold and plug it into the Cipher....

Also, why is the snail wearing a blue scarf with white dots and why does the dragonfly wear sunglasses in the opening page? Any ideas anyone?

B

burgerboy905

obviosly the snail has a cold and the dragonfly is visually impaired, they are not sunglasses, you can see the bifold line in them, they are the new glasses that adjust to the light...dud... :P

L

LIW

Well, I tried looking up websites for historical trees in the US and didn't get too far. ?I did find an interesting picture of some trees, but I don't know if any of them still exist (ie are still standing or if they've long since died). ?If anyone lives close to these, I'd take a look just for kicks.
At least the pictures I saw were nice, but three of them are in New York and although that's within a days drive from me, I can't exactly call in sick to drive to NYC tomorrow.

http://www.fineartandhistory.com/trees.htm

H

hsmith

Senuseret - interesting observations. Another 5 letter word that might fit your train of thought is found on p.32 when Ladybug refers to the rest of the creatures as the 'group' which is in quotation marks. She becomes the new 'group' leader. Again on p.13 there are references to the group but group is only in quotation marks when denoting Ladybug as the new 'group' leader.

I'm still waiting for my puzzle companion book in the mail so I'm not familiar with cyphers and symbols yet, but has anyone figured out the significance of the pattern change on p.52 on the right hand side of the fairy box? There's a square around the "O" in a series of dashes (is this more Morse code I've been reading about?) and then outside the dashes is a scrolling pattern which changes between two acorns. And speaking of acorns, in addition to a running theme of trees throughout the story and pictures, there are also many, many acorns throughout the pictures--not to mention, of course, each page number is within one.

Has anyone identified how many kinds of trees are mentioned in the text and what type they are? Would be significant if it were 12...I don't think the Pook treasure is hidden the same as the rest.

I know I'm jumping around here--comes with drinking too much wine while I go cross-eyed reading and re-reading--anyway...p.22 the Fairy box with the capital letter "D" also clearly has a "T" in the left hand side of the D. Must mean something. And how about on previous 2 pages the "F" in the fairy box with the fairy's hand gesturing to his right (our left) to the black dust being sprinkled down...but I see some "S's" in there--could this mean SF as in San Francisco?

Ok I'm going back to my wine now.

I

Ilovepink1981

Im new to this group has anyone figured out what the puzzle peices mean. I think they belong on cp 12 Yorahs secret

I

Ilovepink1981

On Page 31 I am getting the fairies spelling something out does anyone else see this??

I

Ilovepink1981

I think that little fairy thats pointing to the numbers is also pointing to the puzzle peices

R

REIKAN2061

THE GUY WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE SLOVED ALL THE CLUES IN THE BOOK IS DEFINATELY A LIAR.

I LIVE A COUPLE HOURS AWAY FROM SAN FRANCISCO -- WHERE THE JEWELS WERE RECENTLY -- AND I AND A FRIEND BOTH TALKED TO THE GUY WHO'S COMPANY PRODUCED MOST OF THE JEWELS AND THE TOKENS. HE HAS SEEN THE PHOTOS AND HAS DECLARED THEM PHONY.

B

bballbeauty

I OWE THIS ENTIRE post to TWELEVE.ORG. Please visit!! They are so much more in depth than we are but I've noticed this site has some extremely intelligent people and it's not as crowded. So use it for reference and then post your thoughts on here!

Page 63:
All of the letters of the alphabet appear on the blocks, except for Q.
N has squared off corners, Z has angular corners where the diagonal meets the parallel top and bottom. The M has parallel uprights and the W is narrower on the bottom. The I has short end caps while the H is full sized.

Starting in the upper left corner and reading counter clockwise, the phrase
REVEALS THE NAME WHERE THE TREASURES ABIDE
can be read off of the blocks.

The blocks not used in the phrase are
Top border: U G F X J
Bottom left: K P C Y
Bottom right: O Z

Of note: The U is a repeat character. The rest of the characters are not used at all in the phrase (no repeat letters) and they do represent the rest of the alphabet (besides Q).

If you do a caesar cipher (-1) on the characters (take the letter before them in the alphabet), you can anagram the results:
U G F X J K P C Y O Z
T F E W I J O B X N Y ==> WE FIT BOX J NY

The letters are painted in the colors: Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Pink
If you extract the characters that have the same color as their border:

Red: FIND
Pink: THE
Green: TREES
Yellow: HOLE

Blue: (n/a)

All of the yellow letters have red backgrounds (probably for contrast).
But it's of note that they spell out GO HERE L if you anagram them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread