Tackle Repositorys

C

cvader

I figure I'd start a new topic instead of burying everything together. I also figure since I live in Maryland and can't participate I may as well put my thoughts out there. If my thoughts lead to the treasure though you may not want to admit it or you'll get disqualified probably. Just let me know secretly :)

Here are my thoughts on Tackle Repositorys
First I noticed that the second word is usually spelled repositories with an ies (for plural). Could this mean something? Mispellings and extra letters seem to keep coming up.

Here's what I thought of for Tackle Repositorys.
A fishing tackle shop.
A tackle box. Maybe there's a fishing tackle shop with a giant tackle box or something containing the token.

Tackle is also used to refer to rigging of a ship (i.e., ropes) so this could mean a place where ships ropes, lines etc are stored.
Also in line with ship's rigging: Repository can also refer to a vault (or tomb). My first thought was Davey Jone's Locker which is used to refer to the bottom of the ocean when ships sink and seamen die. But since the tokens are easily accessible maybe there is a place (like a tourist attraction) referred to as Davey Jones' Locker.

And finally tackle can refer to a position in football. Is there a room or wing in the football hall of fame that is dedicated to the tackle position? Isn't the museum in Ohio? Didn't someone mention Ohio as a possible location?

Whew!

Charles

OP
OP
C

cvader

I'm not overanalyzing am I? :)
I guess I'd better get the book before I offer another 2 cents.

C

D

da_midg

Just so you know, it probably wouldn't be reffering to a tourist attraction or a place in a hall of fame at a musuem because aren't those both privately owned?

G

Goohunting

:)

There are two (2) interesting anagrams that are spelled from "Hint: Tackle repositorys."

Thy Pickensrooters Tail

Crystal Pook is thirteen

Hope this helps someone

M

MyBrainHurts

or....

Creator Likes Typos

or...

Start cipher key in tools

G

Goodhunting

I think we may be making a mountain out of a "mole hill."

Let's just read the definition of the hint:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Tackle:

Main Entry: [2]tackle
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): tack?led; tack?ling /-k(&-)li[ng]/
Date: 1714
transitive senses
1 : to attach or secure with or as if with tackle
2 a : to seize, take hold of, or grapple with especially with the intention of stopping or subduing b : to seize and throw down or stop (an opposing player with the ball) in football
3 : to set about dealing with <tackle the problem>
intransitive senses
: to tackle an opposing player in football
- tack?ler /-k(&-)l&r/ noun

Main Entry: [1]tack?le
Pronunciation: 'ta-k&l, naut often 'tA-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English takel; akin to Middle Dutch takel ship's rigging
Date: 13th century
1 : a set of the equipment used in a particular activity : GEAR <fishing tackle>
2 a : a ship's rigging b : an assemblage of ropes and pulleys arranged to gain mechanical advantage for hoisting and

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repository

Main Entry: [2]repository
Function: adjective
Date: 1950
of a drug : designed to act over a prolonged period <repository penicillin>

Main Entry: [1]re?pos?i?to?ry
Pronunciation: ri-'p?-z&-"tOr-E, -"tor-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): ?plural -ries
Date: 15th century
1 : a place, room, or container where something is deposited or stored : DEPOSITORY
2 : a side altar in a Roman Catholic church where the consecrated Host is reserved from Maundy Thursday until Good Friday
3 : one that contains or stores something nonmaterial <considered the book a repository of knowledge>
4 : a place or region richly supplied with a natural resource
5 : a person to whom something is confided or entrusted

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just think that maybe we are reading too much into the "hint."

B

borghuman

This is fraud. If you read his post under "Yorah is an Anagram," I believe, but it may be under the 5 sided thread, but whichever, he posts again and says that he was only kidding and that he wanted to see everyon's reaction. He leaves out all the trashing of the book though. I thought it was pretty dirty myself and don't like it when people blatently lie at legnth, and then of course I read it and then get fumed. Needless to say I don't think very highly at the poster of that crap.

N

netgoo

Mike Stadther posted this on the forum at his site. Tackle repositorys' yields:

Crystal Pook is Thirteen.

The Solution to the January 20th, 2004 Clue:

Hint: Tackle repositorys.

Solution:

The first step to solve the clue is to realize that it may be an anagram. This is hinted at by the misspelling of 'repositories'.

The next step is to figure out what to anagram. If you tried just to anagram 'Tackle repositorys', you probably didn't get many meaningful results. However, if you noticed that the whole line was called a clue, then you should include the word 'Hint' in your anagram.

A few tries at anagraming 'Hint: Tackle repositorys' yields:

Crystal Pook is Thirteen.

This is further supported by a clue hidden in the book, A Treasures Trove, which says 'There are thirteen'. (I will not tell you where this clue is hidden for now.)

So, yes, there is a 13th Crystal Pook jewel and it is made from a single hand carved piece of rock crystal with gold and enamel wings.

Crystal Pook is kept at Jewelry Designs and does not travel with the jewels to the various venues because his crystal tail is too fragile and could break during transit.

Happy hunting!
Mike Stadther

H

haley

Anagrams from the words Hint Tackle Repositorys
A SECRET SKI LO OP TRY
A SECRET SKI LO PYOTR
A SECRET SKI LO TO PRY
A CREEK LIST ROOT SPYA PICKEREL ROOS TTYS
A PICKEREL ROTOS STY
A PICKEREL ROOTS STY
A PICKEREL TORSO STY
A PICKEREL ROOST STY
A PICKEREL ROOT SYST
A PICKEREL OSO TRYST
A PICKEREL OR SO TTYS
A PICKEREL OR SOT STY
A PICKEREL OR TO SYST
A PICKEREL OR OTT SYS
A PICKEREL OR TOT SYS
A PICKEREL SORTS TOY
A PICKEREL STORYS TO
A PICKEREL ROTS YOST
A PICKEREL ROTS TOYS
A PICKEREL SORT YOST

Also the word: pikenrooster
Got from wordsmith.org/anagrams

---haley

M

Mr_Fiver

it also turns into 'cipher key start in tools' which is interesting because tackle can mean tools and on the page with all the woodworking tools there is an oak leaf with the roman numerals 3 2 2 on it which just happens to be the prime factorization of 12. maybe I'm crazy, but I think the key we seek is there.

L

LitDoc

Could you tell us specifically the key to (what) is on the tools page. Thanks!

H

haley

Mr_Fiver

? ? ?could you explain that a less confusing way agian, please!

? ? ? ?Haley

H

haley

Goodhunting:

When I scrambled the words Hint Tackle Repositorys I have one extra letter which is: Y
FEEDBACK PLEASE!!

Haley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread