Paramount To Adapt A Treasures Trove

A

attvisitor

Paramount To Adapt 'A Treasure's Trove'

Hello everyone,

I've enjoyed the forum very much. Recently I visited the official site http://www.atreasurestrove.com and submitted feedback to ask if they were going to create a movie or a cartoon about the book. In my mind I was thinking about the movie National Treasure with Nicholas Cage because it was in theaters at that time (a month or two ago). Imagine my surprise when I found the following news article . . . I'd love to hear what other people think about it . . .

http://www.killermovies.com/t/atreasurestrove/articles/4891.html

Paramount To Adapt 'A Treasure's Trove'
[Wednesday, February 9th, 2005]
Paramount are going to adapt Michael Stadther's bestselling children's book A Treasure's Trove, according to Variety.

A Treasure's Trove, caused a sensation over the clues in the book that lead to a dozen gold tokens hidden in public places in the U.S. and are redeemable for jewels worth a total of $1 million. The author hid the tokens himself and insists they can be accessed without digging, moving or disturbing objects or structures.

Stadther's book, whose full title is "A Treasure's Trove: A Fairy Tale About Real Treasure for Parents and Children of All Ages," revolves around 12 forest creatures who employ a woodcarver, his half-elf wife and their winged pet to save their friends who disappear after being crystallized by falling dust.

Stadther, who also illustrated the book, was able to bankroll its publication from selling off his banking software company five years ago. No one has yet found one of the gold tokens.

OP
OP
A

attvisitor

Re: Paramount To Adapt 'A Treasure's Trove'

I also found this other article that mentions the movie. Does anyone have any casting recommendations? Favorite actor or actress? I wonder when the movie will be released?

http://www.cinemaconfidential.com/news.php?id=0502095

FROM THE NEWS ARCHIVES OF CINEMA CONFIDENTIAL

"A Treasure's Trove" at Paramount
POSTED ON 02/09/05 AT 1:30 P.M.
BY ETHAN AAMES

Variety reports that Paramount has purchased the film rights to the children's book "A Treasure's Trove: A Fairy Tale About Real Treasure for Parents and Children of All Ages" by Michael Stadther. The project is being setup at Tom Cruise's production company, Cruise/Wagner Productions.

The book has become a bestselling item for people of all ages due to the fact that throughout the book, there are revealing the locations to 12 tokens hidden across the country. These tokens are redeemable for jewels worth up to $1 million dollars.

The book tells the story of 12 forest creatures who employ a woodcarver, his half-elf wife, and their winged pet to save their friends who disappear after being crystallized by falling dust.

T

treasuretrapper

Is this supposed to be like the other forum on this site?
If so we need alot more people..........

L

LitDoc

TreasureTrapper, come to the main thread--the one with the most replys (1,000+).

H

haley

attvisitor:

That is so cool!

Haley

T

treasuretrapper

Litdoc~ Thats where i've been!

Thanks anywy though.

T

treasuretrapper

Haley~ I totally agree!

that movie thing sounds soooo cool! i wonder when it comes out..........Any new info would be apprecitaed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread