PICTURES OF CREATURES AND OTHER STUFF

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Thanks Peggy and Trapape . If that's another snail in the dark area then that would mean 2 on the same page hidden like that and i haven't seen that yet . i think i should've all along put the picture side along with the other side it sure does make it easier for you all so i'll do that from now on . i'm going to try harder on looking for pook maybe he really isn't there at all . i did't get a chance to get the other snail today because i spent all my lunch sure there was a grasshopper in the tree also . i did find the word HINT in it though and am finding numbers on the pages as well . thanks again for your input it was nice to here . CAROL

T

Trapape

Carol
Here's a thought. On the page that you found the snail and feel that there is another snail in the dark hole? Maybe all the jewels are in that tree and they are telling us where they are in the US. Ehat do you all think?

T

Trapape

One more random thought that I am going to throw out there for all to think about. I have noticed that Pook is the same drawing in a lot of the different pictures. In the TofC the pook that is pictured is a backwards image then from the pook on the page with him sitting on the grass. Sorry I don't have the book in front of me. Maybe, the pook that doesn't have any other picture that is the same is the page that would lead to pook. What does everyone think?

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Trapape , that's a good thought , but have been unable to find any more creatures in the tree i am finding a lot of letters though in the branches and as soon as i can i'lll post those , but am having a problem with the scanner at the moment . About pook i think his body represents the u.s. and if i remember there are 12 spots on his body. let me know what you think .

H

hoppperr

Trap, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only "artistically challenged" individual here. My husband and daughter are natural artists, but I would hesitate to ask them because they think I am a little obsessed with this book & hunt. I have to admit that they are right, but I love it and have enjoyed meeting new online friends who share my obsession.

Another thought on Pook. When I first looked at that picture that is on the cover, as well as another page, I thought his tail was a leg. It seems awkward. Also, in every picture except page 101, he has one, two, or three legs showing. Could this be what the three-point landing is about? Or, is it part of a code? P-1, P-2, P-3?? Does Pook have a bad or missing leg that is restored or healed when he recovers from being crystallized? Before being crystallized, he can't really fly either. Do you think there is some meaning to this?

Oh, I also wanted to mention, that on the Darkling Swarm page, the two things I can make out with the naked eye (besides the fact that the whole swarm looks like North, Central, and South America) are a dolphin and a key.

I'm hoping to get some more ATT time in today--have been busy with family, etc.

Peggy

T

Trapape

Peggy,

I'm on the family keeping me busy boat with you!! I have not been able to spend much time on the hunt lately but am trying to get some time put into it. I don't want it to becaome an obsession because the hubby already thinks i'm a little crazy! I hadn't noticed the three legged Pook in the story and now am going to have to go back and look at that. But again if all the Pooks have three legs instead of four except towards the end then maybe that is where the key to finding pook is at. I am going to look into that and post my thoughts later.
Tracie

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Peggy & Trapape , I think pook also symbolizes the u. s. . I posted on it before , but didn't get much feedback on it . In most pics i think he had 12 spots if i remember correctly. let me know . good work on the anagrams Peggy.

T

Trapape

Carol,
I did not reply on the Pook because I don't think that it represents the US. I think that Yorah represents the US.
Tracie

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , yeah it was just a thought one day i was counting spots . just kiddin. I just really never went further with the idea because it seems as if the pook is not as big of a player here at least that's the drift i got when reading the story. It seems MS didn't really involve him as much as the other creatures. hope this makes sense .

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , as i was posting that message i thought the same thing . It seems that pook is the hero , but he's just not played up as the other charaters are . I will try and find him though.

Sassy i think the trees are talking and i'm hoping this will come over . I'm not done working on this page because I think the words are layered in the trees . I just get tired of a page after awhile and have to take a break from it and come back later . this is the tree on pg 46. I think maybe a thought i had was all the single trees on the different are like body language and when lined up maybe say something . will work on that also .let me know what you think, carol

Attachments

• scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,034
OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Sorry it's a little big but have been trying to make it smaller and no luck . It is also reversed because it's the back of the picture .

T

Trapape

Carol the bottom right looks like it almost is spelling out save. All it is missing is the E. That really does take some talent kudos to you.

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Since things have slowed a bit i thought i'd post something and see what you all thought . This is of pg 41 and it is reversed . let me know what you think

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,006
H

hoppperr

It looks like a map to me, especially if you flip it. Carol, you are so good at the tracing!

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Thanks peggy. I was hoping someone saw what i did . Hope there are more . Let me know all what you think , carol

OP
OP
CMSCHUT

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Thanks Zuse ! Glad to see you posting again was wondering where you have been . I was taken back at it myself and can't wait to find more .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread