Hidden Keys

OP
OP
T

Trapape

Cool new thread works!
OK I have noticed that there are some hidden keys throughout the book and there are other animals in the book also. The animals seem to be seven letter words.
Examples:
Dolphin on page 77 along with a key.
Dragons on page 45 along with a key.
Taking into account that Lycralish(or whatever his name was) figured out the subpoem it talks about seven is the key.
Also, taking MS's first clue into account about the cipher key maybe this is the way we are to go to find out exactly where to go?
Hope others have thoughts on this.

OP
OP
T

Trapape

Sorry I don't know why I said pg 77 it is actually pg 68 that has the dolphin and key.
Omni- If you look at the two darklings on the right that are underneath the darkling that is straightened you will see the key. It is made between the two bodies with the wing from the left darkling making the top of the key. The arm and the leg make the bottom of the key.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie & Omni , pg 68 that you are talking about is where Gonemad deciphered the darklings as ... get acorn key. Maybe a key in the illustrations is where he is saying that we need to really figure this page out to move on to the next step. I wonder if anyone else has seen other things that maybe don't seem to fit into this story. I think the face on the tree on the front cover looks like the heart? . let me know .

P.S. Great idea tracie

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , i'm trying to put the keys on here . Hoping this will work.

Attachments

• scan0026.jpg
    scan0026.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,950
OP
OP
T

Trapape

Carol thanks for scanning those two keys in that really healps out a lot. I need to go back and reread the acorn key theory because I don't remember that but maybe it was when I was out on a hunt or something.
There's also the alligator animal in the tree on pg 33. I am not sure if this goes along with the seven letter word and key theory but I have not been able to think of another name that is seven letters for this animal. What do you all think of this? I also haven't been able to find the key on this page has anybody else found it?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , i will look at that and see . i don't remember the alligator or that key , but will post if i find them . I only hope these pics don't offend MS. was worried about putting them on here , but i cut it down to the area i was wanting to show so i hope it can stay it sure makes it easier for all of us to understand . Gonemad posted the acorn thing on pg 36 in case you want to look it up . He's got some pretty good ideas i think are worth looking into .

OP
OP
T

Trapape

Thanks for the info on what page to find Gonemads theories. I will look at it. I haven't found the key on the page with the alligator but the alligator is in the tree that is between the butterflies wings in case you need help spotting it.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , i saw the alligator , but am still looking for that key . If anyone knows let me know . Maybe there are 12 keys in the illustrations .

OP
OP
T

Trapape

Hey Carol I thought by now the whole page would be scanned in with a new look! LOL ;D I have to look at that page a little bit more, hopefully I'll be able to find the key or keys. As soon as I do I'll let you know.
Tracie

G

GoSkins

Tracie,

This might be a stretch or maybe I'm starting to see things (lol) but I always thought the tree branch (page 22 lower right corner) looked like a skeleton key.

Gail

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Goskins , i see what you are referring to and hope to post it tomorrow, but do you see the N just below in the tree branches ?

G

GoSkins

Carol, wow you have really good eyes. I've looked at that a dozen times and never saw it. But you're right it does look like an N. I'll look at the other branches and see if there's any other letters. Thanks, Gail

F

freerider

theres a key in the picture with the salt and flour, its in the flour thats spilt on the ground, in the right side of the flower.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
FREERIDER , Glad you can see it . I'll get it posted hopefully tomorrow sometime . I've wanted to post it , but didn't think it was clear enough that others could see it also . So now we have 3 keys with a possible one on pg 33 . Does anyone think this could be a hint as an important part or key to solving the clue to a token rests on this page ?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Here's the key in the spilled flour. Sorry it took so long to get it here

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,597

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions