A Treasures Trove my solution to number sequence

ScubaReader

Greenie
Apr 25, 2005
Southern California
A Treasure's Trove my solution to number sequence

"Vast our secrets are" is my solution. I know you might have a problem that I pulled a "S" and a "C" out of my hat however; I look at it as taking back two missing buttons(I will not explain where that comes from at this time)

The easiest way for me to show this is like this

aerta

vurtseros

e

Yes notice that it is a reversed image of the title and that the number count has changed. (again I will not release what part of the book told me to do this) Also notice that the "o" and "u" have been reversed.

Now go to your number sequence:

6-5-14-4-13-7-8-2-3-15-9-10-1-12-11

you will get:vastoureretsare
or: vast our erets are

Now insert in slot 8 and 10 respectively the missing buttons "S" and "C"

now you have "Vast our secrets are" nothing we didnt already know however the approach to the solution indicates thought processes for encoding/decoding.

Here is more information posted 5/15/2005

I always thought(and still do) that the pink numbers were applied to page one and not page three as others indicate.

And though there are no misspellings in "A Treasure's Trove" the numbers must obviously apply to the title as an anagram....yes the simplicity of the solution....Right?

Well since others have given their take on it then "thar's can be no harm in me's a givin some o'my parspectives on it"...

1) Inside cover, look at snail and relative position to mushrooms.(hold this thought)

2) Page 1 "A Treasure's Trove" , A Snail top right, six mushrooms, eight stones, ten blades of grass, (go ahead someone please tell me there are 12 blades of grass......? remember this point I will get right back to it)

3) page 2 two mushrooms, from page one enlarged. one kootenstoopit, fifteen numbers(pink of course to attract attention, if they had been any other color I might have missed it? )

4) page 3+4 notice that when held up to light that "to Helen"(page 4) is within the "USA"(page 3). This to me signifies that the dedication(the most precious gift one can extend in a book) is given to MS's most prescious jewel.......his wife. this combined signifies the trove is hidden in the USA.

5) page 5 the snail precariously positioned behind the rock from page one. symbolic that the two "assumed" blades of grass on page one are actually the snail away from the linden stump"

6) the snail. on the inside cover has his mouth covering the second mushroom.....the same mushroom that is hidden on page one but revealed on page two...notice the chunk missing from the second mushroom. (there are a few symbolisms here.......the front mushroom indicates what is out front and obvious, the back mushroom what is behind and hidden and not whole.)

7) the mushrooms on page two signify that what was hidden on page one has now been revealed on page two.(since they are not behind the four other mushrooms now)

the kootenstoopit and the numbers. I am curious who thinks this kootenstoopit is placing these numbers there or taking these numbers? If this was a pointing kootenstoopit there would be no need for the thumb to be included in this picture.

It is a shame that I can only give you a few hundred words on this topic since we all know that a picture is worth so much more than that.(alot of you readers have picked up on that and are now thinking of the number 1000 from a picture is worth a thousand words) There is a communication issue that needs to be discovered. I am certain that MS wants the book solved. He had to establish communications protocols to do this. Otherwise it is blind wandering.

"A Treasure's Trove" is a puzzle book and even the title is a puzzle.

If the numbers were so clear just because the are pink and the author wanted the reader to have satisfaction of solving a puzzle then why would the author convolute it with the pink "to helen"? why not pick another color for the "to helen" dedication?

I know that some do not believe in the signifigance of anything before page 10.

I know that some draw this conclusion from page 10....think about it....if page 10 holds the clue to where the clues are concealed...but page 10 is just a forward and cannot contain clues...then page 10 would not be assumed as part of the story. To clarify for others page 10 is where it is written that "concealed in the pages of this story are the clues"...so why is it clearly written on the ATT site under the clues section "are cleverly hidden in the pages of a treasure's trove"? and why does MS in verbal explanation of the story repeatedly state "concealed in the pages of the printed book are the clues"?

From cover to cover....for me it is all a clue. Thar be treasures hidden in them thar pages......let go and believe....remember what it was to be a child with a good book in your hands that takes you to another realm with other things to believe in......I hope it is more than just a treasure hunt for you and hope you find many jewels along the way.

oh...and for the rest of the solution to the title......I will let it be for now...

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Re: A Treasure's Trove my solution to number sequence

Scuba , thanks for sharing . I enjoy reading your posts . I agree with Scottzilla it does sound better. Wish you could share more to explain it , but understand . Thanks again , carol

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Re: A Treasure's Trove my solution to number sequence

Scubareader , you have my full attention . I went through all you posted exactly as you wrote it and all i can say is you have really worked hard on this . I did see the TO helen with the USA behind it awile back when i was looking at all the pages in the light . I've also thought that i needed to figure out all the pictures that are in different parts of the book , like the trees. The same tree is on different pages , but always something is added or taken away . I gotta say i counted the blades of grass and got 12 and thought you lost it all , but kept following you and all i can say again is you have really done the homework. Now i'm interested in what the other things i can find on the trees or the area around the trees. both trees on the cover are different on the pages , but have things added or what is on the cover is not what you see in the book . Hope this makes sense what i'm trying to say . I think also the fairy is taking the letters. What do you think about the numbers that go with the letters belong somewhere alse in the book ? I know that you have more on the title , but is anagramming the way to go ? I enjoyed the post don't be gone so long .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread