crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've adressed this issue as well.........................slugish to say the least. But I have gotten PM's. This has been going on for a while. Marc says there's not a problem on his end but several members have raised this question over and over again

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
crazyjarhead said:
I've adressed this issue as well.........................slugish to say the least. But I have gotten PM's. This has been going on for a while. Marc says there's not a problem on his end but several members have raised this question over and over again

Treasure_Hunter pointed out that the envelope box icon changes to green when I have mail, but being color blind I just can't tell!

The sluggishness's, I still have no clue!

Thanks CJH!! :thumbsup:

Regards
Richard

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sky Pilot said:
crazyjarhead said:

Treasure_Hunter pointed out that the envelope box icon changes to green when I have mail, but being color blind I just can't tell!

The sluggishness's, I still have no clue!

Thanks CJH!! :thumbsup:

Regards
Richard

So I Take it these Both look the Same to You ?

HTML:

<table border="0" cellpadding="4"><tr><td bgcolor="1f042e"> [img]http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/mmailon.gif[/img]</td><td bgcolor="1f042e">[img]http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/mmail.gif[/img]</td></tr></table>

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:
NO MAIL

MAIL

When they're that wide of a line and on a white background and side by side I can see enough of a difference to tell that they are different.

Where they are on the header with the smaller lines delineating the icon and different colors at different times, I can see NO difference!

It's red/green colorblindness Jeff.

I can't see a blood trail on leaves/grass either, and that has made things a bit rough in the past.

A lot of folks think it's a joke when I tell 'em about it, but it ain't.. Most popular thing I'm asked is "How can you tell when a traffic light is green?"

The answer is this: There's enough difference in the shades of color on a traffic light to tell, but the yellow and red light are another story altogether!

Here are the colored shades that are near impossible for me to see difference in: Red/Green, Pink/Green, Green/Orange, Purple/Blue, Silver/Grey, Brown/Green, Yellow/Red

and damned near any combination thereof. However it's still a beautiful world out there! After all I only miss the shades, at least I can see!

Imagine my surprise when I took my exam at the MEPS and found out I was colorblind! Folks wonder how could I NOT know; I wonder how I COULD POSSIBLY know since I had nothing to

compare it (my own vision) to?

Richard

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sky Pilot said:
jeff of pa said:
NO MAIL

MAIL

When they're that wide of a line and on a white background and side by side I can see enough of a difference to tell that they are different.

Where they are on the header with the smaller lines delineating the icon and different colors at different times, I can see NO difference!

It's red/green colorblindness Jeff.

I can't see a blood trail on leaves/grass either, and that has made things a bit rough in the past.

A lot of folks think it's a joke when I tell 'em about it, but it ain't.. Most popular thing I'm asked is "How can you tell when a traffic light is green?"

The answer is this: There's enough difference in the shades of color on a traffic light to tell, but the yellow and red light are another story altogether!

Here are the colored shades that are near impossible for me to see difference in: Red/Green, Pink/Green, Green/Orange, Purple/Blue, Silver/Grey, Brown/Green, Yellow/Red

and damned near any combination thereof. However it's still a beautiful world out there! After all I only miss the shades, at least I can see!

Imagine my surprise when I took my exam at the MEPS and found out I was colorblind! Folks wonder how could I NOT know; I wonder how I COULD POSSIBLY know since I had nothing to

compare it (my own vision) to?

Richard

Marc has Advised He will put the pop up Back on

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:

Great!!! Thanks Marc! Thanks Jeff! Thanks everyone for all the help!

Sincerely

Richard aka Sky Pilot

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sky Pilot said:
jeff of pa said:

Great!!! Thanks Marc! Thanks Jeff! Thanks everyone for all the help!

Sincerely

Richard aka Sky Pilot

How many website owners will make a change to a website because a member says they have trouble seeing something because they are color blind.... Marc, your the man :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
How many website owners will make a change to a website because a member says they have trouble seeing something because they are color blind.... Marc, your the man :icon_thumright:

That's a fact for sure Treasure_Hunter!

One of the reasons this is my favorite site on the 'net!
:icon_thumleft: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :icon_thumright:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, I like the little green envelope - so it's staying ;D

... but ... to help out ... I have re-enabled the alert box so it once again pops up when you have new mail.... "You have one or more new messages".

Just look go here...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=profile;sa=pmprefs

... and make sure you have "Show a popup when you receive new messages" selected.

Thanks for the feedback! :icon_thumleft:

Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
jeff of pa said:
HTML:

<table border="0" cellpadding="4"><tr><td bgcolor="1f042e"> [img]http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/mmailon.gif[/img]</td><td bgcolor="1f042e">[img]http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/mmail.gif[/img]</td></tr></table>

I just ran a test and removed all color to see what it would look like to me...

Here 'tis... gg.jpg

Yup, I can see that being a problem!

Thanks for letting me know! :coffee2:

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Marc Thank YOU!! You've been much more than fair about it!! :headbang: :headbang:

Warmest Regards

Richard aka Sky Pilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions