Slow Forum and No PM Notices

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello all,

For the last four days or so TreasureNet has been responding horribly!!

I thought I need to pull maintenance on my pc, but that's wasn't the case.

I then proceeded to measure the download speed from the site and here are my results: (My connection is 10 mbs)

Average site download speed is 8.91 mbs

TreasureNet speed is: 2.81 mbs!

I run the latest EI version and have no problem watching movies are anything else on the net, but for some reason my favorite site is as slow as dial up.

What am I doing wrong?? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Many thanks ahead of time!

Richard aka Sky Pilot

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Noticed your post was at 9:08:25 PM Eastern Time.

Mine usually Slows about 8 PM eastern
Not sure when it pics back up.

My guess it's the amount of People who
show up here during Prime Time.

No Idea on your PM Notices

Arn't you getting Emils ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally haven't noticed any speed problems recently, except for possibly my speed in getting out of bed in the mornings.... ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I personally haven't noticed any speed problems recently, except for possibly my speed in getting out of bed in the mornings.... ;D

:laughing7:

I Roll off the Matress onto my Hand's & Knees
& Crawl up a Chair till I'm in
a standing Position some Mornings :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple times a week in the early morning (est) it takes a very long time for the site to load or if i'm already on it takes forever (slower than dial-up) to load a page. It doesn't last too long (5-10 min.) and it is definitely Tnet and not my PC.
I don't know about the PM's other than Marc just cleaned up (last Sunday the 20th) and deleted old ones to free up some disc space. Here is the email I received regarding that-

Hi diggummup,

We will be doing some system maintenance Sunday February 20th at 19:00 UTC (7 days from now).

During this downtime, we will be deleting old Personal Messages to free up much needed diskspace.

Please follow this link to access all your Personal Messages, and BACK THEM UP onto your hard drive.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=pmsaveall

Failure to do so WILL RESULT in the loss of your messages.

There is also an important message I would like all members to read regarding some recent online shenanigans... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,381790.0.html

Thanks for visiting TreasureNet!

Marc Austin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something to try, ping treasurenet.com when it is running smooth, save results, then ping TN when it is running slow and compare the results. Also do a tracert both times and compare results.

This is test of the routes your pc takes to TN, if there are slower test results when you notice TN is running slow it will have nothing to do with TN, but the paths to it, look for longer times in one of the hops. The only way it would be TN is if the last hop has higher time which is the gateway into TN.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
A couple times a week in the early morning (est) it takes a very long time for the site to load or if i'm already on it takes forever (slower than dial-up) to load a page. It doesn't last too long (5-10 min.) and it is definitely Tnet and not my PC.
I don't know about the PM's other than Marc just cleaned up (last Sunday the 20th) and deleted old ones to free up some disc space. Here is the email I received regarding that-

Hi diggummup,

We will be doing some system maintenance Sunday February 20th at 19:00 UTC (7 days from now).

During this downtime, we will be deleting old Personal Messages to free up much needed diskspace.

Please follow this link to access all your Personal Messages, and BACK THEM UP onto your hard drive.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=pmsaveall

Failure to do so WILL RESULT in the loss of your messages.

There is also an important message I would like all members to read regarding some recent online shenanigans... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,381790.0.html

Thanks for visiting TreasureNet!

Marc Austin

I Have this Problem Between approximately 6:37 AM & 6:46 AM
Eastern
Nothing will Load.

This is like Clockwork & Probably
Something Running an Update or ?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
jeff of pa said:
This is like Clockwork & Probably Something Running an Update or ?

Yep....

Log reporting, log rotation & database backup.

There's not a lot we can do about it.... short of getting a rack of servers.

Perhaps making TNet Charter Member only would help :wink:

Marc

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Hello all,

@ Jeff: Yeah, I considered the prime hour thing also and there are times when it's better. As for the P.M.s, I do receive emails concerning posts replies and personal messages
the trouble is when I log on I don't get a pop up with "You have a new PM!" like before..... And I have never received an update in my post replies about any
posts in the "Charter Member Only" category. Thanks Jeff! :thumbsup:

@ Diggummup: That's the experience I've been having also. Thanks Diggummup! :thumbsup:

@ Treasure_Hunter: Thanks Treasure_Hunter, I'll do that! :thumbsup:

@ Marc: I'm already a Charter Member, have been since right after I joined and y'all mentioned it. :thumbsup:

Once again, you have my sincere thanks folks! :thumbsup:

Y'all rock!! :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

Richard aka Sky Pilot

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You no longer get the popup, the little envelope on the top bar will be green when you have new IM waiting.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
You no longer get the popup, the little envelope on the top bar will be green when you have new IM waiting.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Well that solves the pm problem Treasure_Hunter!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

I'm colorblind and I'm just not seeing the difference in the envelope icon!!

Well................. I'll just check it every so often I reckon.

Many thanks!! I'd have never known the problem if you hadn't been kind enough to spell it out!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Regards

Richard

OP
OP
Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
I'm not familiar with that Saturna....

Is that a viable solution Jeff or Marc?

Thanks Saturna! :thumbsup:

Richard

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Well, no. Not at present. But like all computer gear, what's the latest thing today becomes outdated junk in the future.

http://www.tgdaily.com/sustainabili...tson-computer-beats-human-players-in-jeopardy

IBM-Watson.jpg

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what is funny ? Look at the size and speed of that computer it took to keep up with the human Brain ! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions