Treasure Net Jail.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And we can do a ban down to as little as 1 day.

For me, someone has to be causing some real problems (by Terms and/or my opinion) in order to get a ban so I don't usually consider anything less than a week or two. Usually a Mod comment on a thread or a PM makes the point.

I do like the jail thingy though, not sure how practical of an idea it is but I like it. ;D
Make that 24 hours or less.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm.......

:laughing7: :laughing7:
Don't thnk too long. Jeff of Pa and Diggin The Past and Treasure Hunter, banned my Uncle Sam and my Uncle Danny banned for life. Why Treasure Hunter banned my Daddy Big Bad John for two years after Daddy told him to chill out after TH got very angry?.

Some Moderator do not have a sense of humor and wear the underwear backward and very tight.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my own opinion, I think the mods already do a good job and have a "jail"in the ways they can issue punishment, no need to publicly embarress someone in front of all....
No serious ban for more then 7 days. Never Banned for life that you did to my Uncle Sam and Uncle Danny for no good reason, Then you insult my Dear Daddy: Big Bad John after you ban him for two years, after he try to claim you down with you swearing and almost having a hart attack and almost dying by tell you to chaill out. Take his advice.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember no ban for more then 24 hours.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

Here is the thing Connecticut Sam, Connecticut Danny, Big Bad John and Nice Person are all the same person......

Have you forgotten that you asked me if you could use your original name Connecticut Sam, you were using Connecticut Danny then, I removed the ban on Sam and allowed you to use it... You didn't learn from your previous ban Jeff gave you and you started attacking members and then attacking me when I told you to stop. You were posting in the forums how you were going to get me fired and banned from TN so you were banned again by Jeff.

You returned as Big Bad John, we noticed you and still let you stay but then you started posting how Connecticut Sam and Connecticut Danny were unfairly banned I gave you a warning in the thread as I knew you had returned and told you "don't rock the boat" you didn't heed it and you were banned again. Now here you are yet again.............

In case you haven't figured it out yet when you are banned you can not just return using a new name and start all over, although we did give you a chance, not just one chance but many chances.... This is your 3rd name change and 4th name used.....

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
****walks out of secondary gate,... squints at the first sun seen in weeks,... sighs,... and walks on....****

Yup, let me tell you from someone who has been there.

TreasureNet Jail doesnt need to be improved on. It works just as it is.

Let me explain, from a first timer banned anywhere on the web, I am just tonight released from my sentence here.

And it hasnt been fun. BUT, I realize my mistake,...weeks ago. The rest of the time I just read logged off, regretting.

An old saying kept coming to my mind...

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

And boy howdy did I prove myself an idiot. :BangHead:

A little about myself. I run a website, yes. A forum, and have for almost 10 years. And I hold my site to standards that I do not second-guess. I do not use a special "jail". I do not tolerate defiance to warnings by my staff. I dont allow it.

And yet, for the first time in my history online, I violated my own standards here on your site, and ended up banned for weeks. (I honestly dont know how long it was, all I know is I checked here daily waiting to be let in. And that was all I needed to self-moderate and course-correct myself.)

There is no need for any other mechanism here. It works as it stands.

And with that, I wish to convey my sincerest of apologies to the owners, administrators, and staff here at TreasureNet.com.

It wont happen again.

-Mark-

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I am concerned as one mod apology accepted and welcome back...:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

Here is the thing Connecticut Sam, Connecticut Danny, Big Bad John and Nice Person are all the same person......

.... This is your 3rd name change and 4th name used.....

Thank you! Is there a way to ban his IP so he can't keep coming back? Glad to see you stopped him early this time!

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recent posts are off Topic...Thread is Locked :laughing7:

SS

Attachments

• padlock-1.jpg
    padlock-1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 84

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the GIF.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well that was a strange read

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a great idea; but would suggest that the "Jail" be a sub forum, where the prisoners could post, and others could 'visit' with them there; you could even set it with a 'poll' option for votes to let the jail prisoners back out on 'parole'. The Jail forum would be the only forum that prisoners could post in, until 'free' again. Inmates IDs could be listed as individual threads, for 'visits' by other members.

I hope you will follow up on this, if it can be done I think it will be fun and a great way to cool some heels when tempers flare.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:
I ain't to sure about that one. They'd just start a code and make plans to bust out, just keep feedin em good chow and they'll be just fine.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
<prefers the soggy bottom boys version

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread