Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    zman

Jan 2012
    sense of smell
    79 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiros32 View Post
    John, I have attached a screenshot as reference. I clicked on the "Rate This Thread," and the menu opened behind the main forum border. I get the same result with clicking any of the thread links. FYI, I am using IE-8.
    Hi Kiros32,

We've made some fixes for IE, and since them I haven't been able to reproduce the menu falling behind the border. Are you still seeing that or is it fixed for you now as well?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    1911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dascrow View Post
    Before we took over the site many sections on the forum were hidden from public because they were considered to be detrimental to the site. Marc decided for example that the political and religious discussion areas were harmful and removed them.

Even though these sections had been removed long ago from public sight they were still in the database. However yesterday we removed these sections completely and thus the posts were deleted. This is why your post count has been decreased.

It's an unfortunate side effect of tidying up the forum and removing unecessary data that is taking up resources for absolutely no reason. My apologies for this happening but it needed to be done sooner or later.
    Makes sense, thanks for the update.
    One of these days in the near future after you iron out all the wrinkles maybe we can work on setting up a child board for buttons. I mentioned it here- How About A Child Board For Buttons, ID, Value, Age etc.? I know you have too many things going on right now so, I'll remind you at a later date.
    “Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked”
    ―Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

“Dubium sapientiae initium"
    -
    René Descartes

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    109 times
    Sounds like a good idea. Where do you propose it would "slot" in? Ie, above/below what existing forums?

Treasure Hunting Forum & Metal Detecting Forum - Register for free today!.
    Thread Subscriptions, My Replies, Keeping track of signatures - Explained here!
    Charter Member Forum Chat is live! - Click Here!
    Want to ignore a forum or thread? You can! To learn how click here!
    The Help! Section contains a ton of tutorials on how to use the new system. Click here to visit the Help forum! (Thanks Wicked!)
    Having trouble staying logged in? Check out the instructions for help in this thread!
    How to change the subscription notification type for your threads. Click Here!

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    1911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Where do you propose it would "slot" in? Ie, above/below what existing forums?
    It seems we already have one. Shows you how observant I am. It's in with the relic hunting board, I swear I have never seen this board before- Buttons

-
    René Descartes

us
    Jan 2007
    Northen New Mexico
    don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
    55 times
    Metal Detecting
    Could you put something on the main page showing when some one is in the chat room
    I took the road less traveled------------------- and now I'm lost
    The secret to a long life ....................... make sure the sailor at the helm can't swim

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes View Post
    Could you put something on the main page showing when some one is in the chat room
    We are working on this addition but it's not trivial. Still on the list of things to do.

Treasure Hunting Forum & Metal Detecting Forum - Register for free today!.
    Thread Subscriptions, My Replies, Keeping track of signatures - Explained here!
    Charter Member Forum Chat is live! - Click Here!
    Want to ignore a forum or thread? You can! To learn how click here!
    The Help! Section contains a ton of tutorials on how to use the new system. Click here to visit the Help forum! (Thanks Wicked!)
    Having trouble staying logged in? Check out the instructions for help in this thread!
    How to change the subscription notification type for your threads. Click Here!

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    1911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dascrow View Post
    Before we took over the site many sections on the forum were hidden from public because they were considered to be detrimental to the site. Marc decided for example that the political and religious discussion areas were harmful and removed them.

Even though these sections had been removed long ago from public sight they were still in the database. However yesterday we removed these sections completely and thus the posts were deleted. This is why your post count has been decreased.

It's an unfortunate side effect of tidying up the forum and removing unecessary data that is taking up resources for absolutely no reason. My apologies for this happening but it needed to be done sooner or later.
    Okay, I lost another 250+ posts overnight. I know I did not have 600 plus posts in the Politics and religion section. What other boards have you removed to cause this. Also I noticed my notifications have dropped in number also.

-
    René Descartes

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    630 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I think that would be good for the eligible people (not me!) However, the people like me, who are not bronze members or charter members, should not have to see who is in the chat room as it is not of any importance to them.

I am also trying to revive this thread as there are no longer many posts on the complaint threads being added.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Charter Member
    us
    zman

Jan 2012
    sense of smell
    79 times
    You'll find a box with who's in the chat on the forum home page now, at the bottom title "Users in Chat"
    JohnDroid likes this.

us
    relic hunter

Dec 2011
    Cape Cod
    tesoro stingray
    71 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I used to access this site from W&E Treasures for decades, and wonder how it was spit up?

Sep 2012
    How do you make it work as a Metal Detector and post a thread?.skbj94

us
    Bill

Aug 2013
    Coastal Orange County, CA
    Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
    457 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    What I found strange is when I joined 2-months ago, there is absolutely NO HELP MENU on the home page to help tell you how to Navigate, Post Photos, or even start a Thread, let alone start a thread in the right subject area.
    When I started, I spent the longest time trying to find the Start a New Thread link. Hell, I didn't know you had to pick a subject and forum to start posting a thread.

Just Saying!
    First I got Hooked on Metal Detecting ... Now I'm Addicted to Precious Metals.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBeachScanner View Post
    What I found strange is when I joined 2-months ago, there is absolutely NO HELP MENU on the home page to help tell you how to Navigate, Post Photos, or even start a Thread, let alone start a thread in the right subject area.
    When I started, I spent the longest time trying to find the Start a New Thread link. Hell, I didn't know you had to pick a subject and forum to start posting a thread.

Just Saying!
    If you go to the "Help Forum" on main page of Forum there are threads to help you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors