New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I have attached a screenshot as reference. I clicked on the "Rate This Thread," and the menu opened behind the main forum border. I get the same result with clicking any of the thread links. FYI, I am using IE-8.

Hi Kiros32,

We've made some fixes for IE, and since them I haven't been able to reproduce the menu falling behind the border. Are you still seeing that or is it fixed for you now as well?

Thanks

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before we took over the site many sections on the forum were hidden from public because they were considered to be detrimental to the site. Marc decided for example that the political and religious discussion areas were harmful and removed them.

Even though these sections had been removed long ago from public sight they were still in the database. However yesterday we removed these sections completely and thus the posts were deleted. This is why your post count has been decreased.

It's an unfortunate side effect of tidying up the forum and removing unecessary data that is taking up resources for absolutely no reason. My apologies for this happening but it needed to be done sooner or later.
Makes sense, thanks for the update.
One of these days in the near future after you iron out all the wrinkles maybe we can work on setting up a child board for buttons. I mentioned it here- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...out-child-board-buttons-id-value-age-etc.html I know you have too many things going on right now so, I'll remind you at a later date.:)

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea. Where do you propose it would "slot" in? Ie, above/below what existing forums?

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could you put something on the main page showing when some one is in the chat room

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before we took over the site many sections on the forum were hidden from public because they were considered to be detrimental to the site. Marc decided for example that the political and religious discussion areas were harmful and removed them.

Even though these sections had been removed long ago from public sight they were still in the database. However yesterday we removed these sections completely and thus the posts were deleted. This is why your post count has been decreased.

It's an unfortunate side effect of tidying up the forum and removing unecessary data that is taking up resources for absolutely no reason. My apologies for this happening but it needed to be done sooner or later.
Okay, I lost another 250+ posts overnight. I know I did not have 600 plus posts in the Politics and religion section. What other boards have you removed to cause this. Also I noticed my notifications have dropped in number also.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Could you put something on the main page showing when some one is in the chat room

I think that would be good for the eligible people (not me!) However, the people like me, who are not bronze members or charter members, should not have to see who is in the chat room as it is not of any importance to them.

I am also trying to revive this thread as there are no longer many posts on the complaint threads being added.

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You'll find a box with who's in the chat on the forum home page now, at the bottom title "Users in Chat"

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used to access this site from W&E Treasures for decades, and wonder how it was spit up?

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I found strange is when I joined 2-months ago, there is absolutely NO HELP MENU on the home page to help tell you how to Navigate, Post Photos, or even start a Thread, let alone start a thread in the right subject area.
When I started, I spent the longest time trying to find the Start a New Thread link. Hell, I didn't know you had to pick a subject and forum to start posting a thread.

Just Saying!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I found strange is when I joined 2-months ago, there is absolutely NO HELP MENU on the home page to help tell you how to Navigate, Post Photos, or even start a Thread, let alone start a thread in the right subject area.
When I started, I spent the longest time trying to find the Start a New Thread link. Hell, I didn't know you had to pick a subject and forum to start posting a thread.

Just Saying!

If you go to the "Help Forum" on main page of Forum there are threads to help you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the introduction section. I hit the auto save button. I went to look at another tread and when I can back all was gone. How do I receive it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the introduction section. I hit the auto save button. I went to look at another tread and when I can back all was gone. How do I receive it?

What "auto save" are you referring to? If your typing a post and leave forum to go to another forum you lose your post.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
For several hours today when trying to enter website I had a message saying my IP address had been banned. Was this due to my location (local hospital), website error, administrative error, or was I actually banned for several hours? Never happened before, so I am concerned about any technical issues that I may need to address.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
I dont know if this has been mentioned but to me speed is very important. Anything that takes an abnormal amount of time is wasteful, frustrating and un-user friendly and this site is full of these types of things.

For starters the most basic smileys should be available quickly. Yes you have an icon for smileys but it doesnt have the most common basic smileys available like a sad face for example. Or try to find a basic "wink.". How about making all the most common smileys easily available and user friendly. To me this is common sense. Thank you.

Examples are happy, sad, angry, laughing, wink, cool etc. Im sure somebody here could figure out the ten most common emotions. You have some of them.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know if this has been mentioned but to me speed is very important. Anything that takes an abnormal amount of time is wasteful, frustrating and un-user friendly and this site is full of these types of things.

For starters the most basic smileys should be available quickly. Yes you have an icon for smileys but it doesnt have the most common basic smileys available like a sad face for example. Or try to find a basic "wink.". How about making all the most common smileys easily available and user friendly. To me this is common sense. Thank you.

Examples are happy, sad, angry, laughing, wink, cool etc. Im sure somebody here could figure out the ten most common emotions. You have some of them.
BigC,

Are you aware you can just type the code for smiley's with out having to go anywhere to get them? It works on most forums including here.

Below are codes for most common ones...

debee5627b49e119d7f59a4d16d200ee.jpg

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
BigC,

Are you aware you can just type the code for smiley's with out having to go anywhere to get them? It works on most forums including here.

Below are codes for most common ones...

debee5627b49e119d7f59a4d16d200ee.jpg

No I didnt know that TH. Thars interesting but kinda useless. Im not going to have this chart pasted to my PC and I am not going to search for it. Because again its too time consuming. Is it too much to ask to have the 10 most popular smileys quickly available without having to search for them or look on a chart?? ??? And put them in some kind of order sheez. I hope you dont take this personal. You mods to a terrific job. Im just giving a little constructive critisism of the things that make me pull my hair out. Now my pc is freezing up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread