New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
500 smileys of birthday cakes, leprechauns and pirate flags are overkill if you cant find the 10 most popular ones quickly.

It would be better to copy and paste the chart above. At least its in some kind of order. But we shouldnt have to type it out. I like to work quickly or I get frustrated.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigC, it is quicker to type it than to click on links to open smiley links. Its simple and easy to memorized the ones you use most often.. The smiley list is on the PC software and takes me all of 4-5 seconds to open the link... I rarely use it as I have them memorized. How much time can it take to type 2 characters ; ) which equals ;) without the space in middle... Your the first to complain about smilies that I have read in years...

Print and tape the list on your PC.....[emoji1]

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BigC, it is quicker to type it than to click on links to open smiley links. Its simple and easy to memorized the ones you use most often.. The smiley list is on the PC software and takes me all of 4-5 seconds to open the link... I rarely use it as I have them memorized. How much time can it take to type 2 characters ; ) which equals ;) without the space in middle... Your the first to complain about smilies that I have read in years...

Print and tape the list on your PC.....[emoji1]

OK I didnt think it was a big deal to have the 10 most common smileys easily available. I have other complaints but Im sure they will also fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How many other posters here have the smileys memorized?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BigC, it is quicker to type it than to click on links to open smiley links.
TH Im sorry to say but nothing about this new site is quicker. Just my opinion. A few extra seconds here and a few extra there, it all adds up to un-user freindly. And Im not just talking about smileys. Although they are important to show emotions

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
As far as the smileys go, there are only a few that are missing. Its a very easy fix.

ADDED: But if you think having to search through hundreds of smileys to find the 10-20 most common emotions is acceptable, then I guess I have no choice but to learn the chart you posted if I want to participate here at TN. No problem.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigC It isn't falling on deaf ears, this software is over 3 years old and runs well. As I said NO ONE has complained about smilies in maybe 3 years except you just now..... You would be surprised how many have 5 or 6 memorized, those that don't simply open the smiley link and click smiley....... I can request a new smiley link page, I have no trouble doing it for you...

My friend remember the old proverb, "it is better to light one candle than curse the darkness"...

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BigC It isn't falling on deaf ears, this software is over 3 years old and runs well. As I said NO ONE has complained about smilies in maybe 3 years except you just now..... You would be surprised how many have 5 or 6 memorized, those that don't simply open the smiley link and click smiley....... I can request a new smiley link page, I have no trouble doing it for you...

My friend remember the old proverb, "it is better to light one candle than curse the darkness"...

I have been pulling my hair out over these little "problems" for 3 years. I am very surprised that nobody noticed this or nobody bothered to complain. 10 is probably all that is needed. Maybe Im just computer illiterate. :dontknow: Dont request it if you think Im wrong. Do not do something just for me lol. And maybe it would be quicker if I just learned them from your chart. Thanks for the suggestion.

We dont need a new smiley page. The smiley link page is already there on top. I found the "dont know" very quickly. I see the "sad" right next to it. There are only a few of the common ones missing. And there are many smileys there that are probably never used thats just clutter.

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe Im wrong here and I wont say any more about it but here is an example of a simple very basic, user friendly smiley page from Facebook. You can always click more for those looking for Leprechauns or whatever. Also I had to click 5 times to post one image (insert image, from computer, choose file, open, upload file...) It just seems to me all these extra seconds are time consuming. Hey maybe Im wrong. The only thing I have to compare it to is the old site. I used to fly through the old site.

smileys.jpg

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You dont even have a simple smiley face on your list which should be the most commonly used and too much clutter thats probably never used. Or maybe I need to spend more time searching? Im way past 4-5 seconds....

View attachment 1192065

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the problem is you just haven't used site enough to be comfortable. You didn't like the new format so you just stopped using it and so never learned it, the old software was over 3 years ago now.... I remember the transition......

Honestly, it is true we really haven't got the complaints your talking about in years.....

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've. been using the phone app. Tn. But I found I can't download a picture. But if I use tap. A. T. I can . Which one is the best way? Thanks Bob

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally use Tapatalk, I have TN ap but use TaT more, that and my desktop..

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe the problem is you just haven't used site enough to be comfortable. You didn't like the new format so you just stopped using it and so never learned it, the old software was over 3 years ago now.... I remember the transition......

Honestly, it is true we really haven't got the complaints for talking about in years.....
Yes its very possible that I just havent taken the extra time to learn the new site but you really cant see what Im talking about with the smileys?

Could it be possible that you dont use the smileys from the site, so you dont care?

Yes I can believe that people stopped complaining and just accepted it or they left. But I think you should always be looking to improve your site TH. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make this site better. Maybe user-friendly is not what people want? And if you think its perfect as is, then who am I to complain?

BTW I was just looking for the common "wink" smiley without the "thumbs up" today and I couldnt find it. I bet in 3 more years it will still be the same. And I dont think I will ever be comfortable having to search for these most common emotions. I will take your advice and learn smileys from your chart if I want to participate.8-) (its cool)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use them, but I'm also use to getting them too... Look at the posts you see them used all the time.

As stated earlier I can request for you....Waiting for admin reply..

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I use them, but I'm also use to getting them too... Look at the posts you see them used all the time.

As stated earlier I can request for you....

Its cool. I was just trying to help. Out of curiousity where is the basic smiley face? And where is the "wink" that people are using all the time? Maybe Im going blind? :dontknow: Ive been looking for 3 years LOL! Anybody else reading this see it?

smileys TN.jpg

I found the unhappy smiley. :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I just type them, so much easier. Smiley is : ) no space :) wink is ; ) no space ;)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Personally I just type them, so much easier. Smiley is : ) no space :) wink is ; ) no space ;)

Yes that's why you dont see this a an issue because you dont get your smileys from the site. Well I clicked on more and after scrolling down over 100 emotions, I found the "wink". Still havent found the common smiley face. But I will try and learn it from the keyboard. Good idea. That sounds easier than scrolling through over 100 emotions.

I am just bringing this to your attention. I am surprised that nobody but me noticed this. You mention it, they are reading this I assume and maybe they dont see it as an issue either. Its cool either way. 8-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigC why would you chose to look for wink when you only have to type ; and ) and a regular smile is : ). Try it and see....

I have request posted on admin board for you, but I have to wait for their response, they don't live on here like we do...

Don't take my response as flippant, it isn't meant to be. Just for me it takes 1/2 sec to type : ) and have :) be there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread