New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any way to personally customize the threads shown in Today's Finds? I'd like to make each post use only one line instead of two so I can scan more posts on one page. Is there a need for folders in the left hand column? Can I customize those to not display? Also, is there a preview post option before posting? Thanks. gg
View attachment 618523

There is no way to customize the thread list. The folders show you if it's new, unread, old, hot topic, etc.

There is a legend at the bottom that tells you what the icons represent.

There is a post preview button but not on the quick reply, only on the full advanced reply.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Is there any way to personally customize the threads shown in Today's Finds? I'd like to make each post use only one line instead of two so I can scan more posts on one page. Is there a need for folders in the left hand column? Can I customize those to not display? Also, is there a preview post option before posting? Thanks. gg
View attachment 618523

There is no way to customize the thread list. The folders show you if it's new, unread, old, hot topic, etc.

There is a legend at the bottom that tells you what the icons represent.

There is a post preview button but not on the quick reply, only on the full advanced reply.

Copy all, thanks.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is awful . Boy this really went downhill. Can't find anything . Not even P.m.'s .This is sacrilegious . How is this better ?

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Live Feed down or removed ? And so far the Charter member areas do not see to be working. I am having to go in through other forum areas to reach places I would like to go.

So far I really do not like this setup . But I will give it a little time to see what happens .

What exactly was the Live Feed? Try Active Topics as I think that might be the same thing. If not, I will try and figure out what you were used to see.

Please hang in there as we still have a lot of work to do. It is different from the old software, but I think you will find it really friendly once you start playing around with it.

You did not see the live feed ? It was a live scrolling page of the post as they happened ! You could run it and watch the live post as they happened , then click on the one I waned to read or see . It was one of the main reasons we or I paid for a years membership to the site ! That and the Charter areas of the site ! This is nothing like we had .
Now I know you or someone bought the site and you can do what you wish. But I do not think I have seen something like this on a paid site ever .

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
This is awful . Boy this really went downhill. Can't find anything . Not even P.m.'s .This is sacrilegious . How is this better ?
All I have heard is griping.
Do you have a question??
PM is right above you on the tool bar.
I am not sure they all made it over yet. You will need to ask about that.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not seeing the personal pages :dontknow:
Please don't tell me they got deleted, I had some important prospecting info on mine.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all you have heard is griping ,,,,,,,,, that should tell you something . Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out .

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest the average posts to be included again instead of the member number.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are a lot of things missing ,a lot of sections .All your friends etc. Don't get reply notifications . I'll bet Mark is sad .......................

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Please don't tell me they got deleted, I had some important prospecting info on mine.

Since they are still importing, the pages should be there, but I am not a part of that so I am guessing. Contact one of the mods directly on this issue I suspect.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PM's are at the very top, under Notifications. Direct link here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/private.php

You'll also get a pop-up window and an email with a copy of the private message in the body.

Is the Live Feed down or removed ? And so far the Charter member areas do not see to be working. I am having to go in through other forum areas to reach places I would like to go.

So far I really do not like this setup . But I will give it a little time to see what happens .

What exactly was the Live Feed? Try Active Topics as I think that might be the same thing. If not, I will try and figure out what you were used to see.

Please hang in there as we still have a lot of work to do. It is different from the old software, but I think you will find it really friendly once you start playing around with it.

You did not see the live feed ? It was a live scrolling page of the post as they happened ! You could run it and watch the live post as they happened , then click on the one I waned to read or see . It was one of the main reasons we or I paid for a years membership to the site ! That and the Charter areas of the site ! This is nothing like we had .
Now I know you or someone bought the site and you can do what you wish. But I do not think I have seen something like this on a paid site ever .

I think we can add something like this no problem for Charter Members. Give us a couple of days, I'll add it to the to-do list. I think you'll like what we have in mind :)

What other charter areas are not working/missing?

We will have to investigate the personal pages as well.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
So are you going to try and stick it out, or leave??
Hoping you try and stay.
The mods and users will try and help people that are having problems if questions are asked. Griping is not a question.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you going to try and stick it out, or leave??
Hoping you try and stay.
The mods and users will try and help people that are having problems if questions are asked. Griping is not a question.

I have no intention of leaving...... This is 2012!
We might as well get used to the idea of the world not being the same as we once knew it :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
From nines: To change the number of posts per page, go here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pr...do=editoptions
Select "Number of posts to display per page" from Forum Default to your desired preference. You can go up to 80 posts per page. (Example here: This site is not worth being part of)

Thanks for that, I set mine at thirty. Everything is looking and working okay. I am curious about the burning fire indicating hot topic. I like fire.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX