New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We still have a lot to do and we will be working on all the issues over the next few days. Please let us know if you see anything wonky or have any questions and post them up here. We will address them and try and get to them as quickly as possible!

Edit: I'm going to update this post with issues we have noticed and are working on fixing:

Completed Items:

• Move to a better area the button for "Banner Nominations" / -- was moved to the thread title area and a button was added.
  • Add additional ways to be notified / keep track of replies to your threads/posts. -- My Posts / My Threads has been added to the navbar.
  • Personal Pages are here: Personal Pages & There is a link under Quick Links

Notes of Interest:

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! This will probably go away as we work on the server and software today.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the 'unread reply's' option, I can't find easily where I have comment on others posts?

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Live Feed down or removed ? And so far the Charter member areas do not see to be working. I am having to go in through other forum areas to reach places I would like to go.

So far I really do not like this setup . But I will give it a little time to see what happens .

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/treasure/public_html_new/forums/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_misc.php on line 44

Get this error message when I want to go to the "X marks the spot" forum.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find these under your Settings which is located in the top righthand corner. It may only have your unread replies from the last couple of days however. The conversion only goes back so far. I would highly recommend going into your General Settings, listed under the Settings link up top and editing your subscription mode. This will only work going forward and unfortunately does not retroactively. I personally like Instant Email Notifications :)

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone this may help some of you get up and running fairly quickly. It's a quick "guide" to help you get an overall view of the new software.

Start off with clicking on the top left link that says "Forums" That will have a break down of all the forum sections and subsections. In time you will know exactly where everything is. It's actually intimidating at first, but the sections are very organized and you will learn them quickly.

Next up click the "Active Topics" (Right next to the "Forums" button) That will bring you up ALL the threads that are being actively participated in. Meaning somebody has made a new post in them. It's a very comprehensive list and a great feature to stay on top of hot topics and active threads. Get familiar with those 2 things and you will have a good grasp about how to get around and what to look for. It seems complicated at first but it's actually super easy and very organized. good luck!

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Live Feed down or removed ? And so far the Charter member areas do not see to be working. I am having to go in through other forum areas to reach places I would like to go.

So far I really do not like this setup . But I will give it a little time to see what happens .

What exactly was the Live Feed? Try Active Topics as I think that might be the same thing. If not, I will try and figure out what you were used to see.

Please hang in there as we still have a lot of work to do. It is different from the old software, but I think you will find it really friendly once you start playing around with it.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I noticed there is an awkward amount of blank space just above the banner. It also seems like the table spacing for the actual forums is off. The table column that has the poster/user's info seems too big/wide.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed there is an awkward amount of blank space just above the banner. It also seems like the table spacing for the actual forums is off. The table column that has the poster/user's info seems too big/wide.

Yeah we're going to be tweaking this as the day goes. It's nice to see all the info, but it can take up a lot of space. We will keep working on it and try to get it just right :)

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Suggesting that the "Nominate to Banner" link be moved to the little gray/shaded area just above the post (the area that shows when a post was made and the post #). It looks really awkward with it sitting in the upper right corner of the actual post itself. If you insist on leaving it there, please highlight it in grey so it has a ghost effect.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggesting that the "Nominate to Banner" link be moved to the little gray/shaded area just above the post (the area that shows when a post was made and the post #). It looks really awkward with it sitting in the upper right corner of the actual post itself. If you insist on leaving it there, please highlight it in grey so it has a ghost effect.

We will be changing this and creating a button to go along with it. I agree, it needs to be moved.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah we're going to figure a way to tweak that and make it right. Might even do it as a little icon so it doesn't look like it's part of the post text itself. Thanks for the recommendations!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, while you are tweaking things: REMOVE SOME CLUTTER.

Member # - what purpose does this serve? Suggest removing it completely.

Primary Interest - I understand this was taken from the old format but it really serves no purpose. This is a treasure hunting website so wouldn't everyone's interest in being here be obvious?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "inbox" says I have 77 messages, yet it also says I have 247 stored out of 500? Tried to delete some but couldn't locate the "delete" tab/button after checking the individual boxes? Also,.....how do we send private PM's to other members now? I don't see the quick link at left anymore?

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a ? will the imagies show up as pictures in the thread or as links. i ask because i was checking my end roll finds thread and noticed all the photographs are links. i hope they will return to pictures in the post and not stay as links.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread