Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

We still have a lot to do and we will be working on all the issues over the next few days. Please let us know if you see anything wonky or have any questions and post them up here. We will address them and try and get to them as quickly as possible!

Edit: I'm going to update this post with issues we have noticed and are working on fixing:

Completed Items:

• Move to a better area the button for "Banner Nominations" / -- was moved to the thread title area and a button was added.
    • Add additional ways to be notified / keep track of replies to your threads/posts. -- My Posts / My Threads has been added to the navbar.
    • Personal Pages are here: Personal Pages & There is a link under Quick Links

Notes of Interest:
    werleibr likes this.

Feb 2008
    18 times
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/forum.php(650) : eval()'d code on line 15
    Using firefox 11.0 with window vista
    Showed before log in at::
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php
    After log in goes away.

us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks! This will probably go away as we work on the server and software today.

Where is the 'unread reply's' option, I can't find easily where I have comment on others posts?
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    The Past Tells the Future! Let's try not to do it over .

Feb 2011
    Strafford , Missouri
    Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
    4 times
    Is the Live Feed down or removed ? And so far the Charter member areas do not see to be working. I am having to go in through other forum areas to reach places I would like to go.

So far I really do not like this setup . But I will give it a little time to see what happens .
    Few things I love to do is , Metal Detecting for anything of the past!
    Making Detectors better ! Tuning and finding ways to upgrade Detector hardware , To make them work the Best that is possable !

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro
    365 times
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/treasure/public_html_new/forums/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_misc.php on line 44

Get this error message when I want to go to the "X marks the spot" forum.

us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    You can find these under your Settings which is located in the top righthand corner. It may only have your unread replies from the last couple of days however. The conversion only goes back so far. I would highly recommend going into your General Settings, listed under the Settings link up top and editing your subscription mode. This will only work going forward and unfortunately does not retroactively. I personally like Instant Email Notifications

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    7 times
    Hello everyone this may help some of you get up and running fairly quickly. It's a quick "guide" to help you get an overall view of the new software.

Start off with clicking on the top left link that says "Forums" That will have a break down of all the forum sections and subsections. In time you will know exactly where everything is. It's actually intimidating at first, but the sections are very organized and you will learn them quickly.

Next up click the "Active Topics" (Right next to the "Forums" button) That will bring you up ALL the threads that are being actively participated in. Meaning somebody has made a new post in them. It's a very comprehensive list and a great feature to stay on top of hot topics and active threads. Get familiar with those 2 things and you will have a good grasp about how to get around and what to look for. It seems complicated at first but it's actually super easy and very organized. good luck!

us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Is the Live Feed down or removed ? And so far the Charter member areas do not see to be working. I am having to go in through other forum areas to reach places I would like to go.

So far I really do not like this setup . But I will give it a little time to see what happens .
    What exactly was the Live Feed? Try Active Topics as I think that might be the same thing. If not, I will try and figure out what you were used to see.

Please hang in there as we still have a lot of work to do. It is different from the old software, but I think you will find it really friendly once you start playing around with it.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    Minelab E-Trac, Pro Pointer
    1385 times
    Metal Detecting
    I noticed there is an awkward amount of blank space just above the banner. It also seems like the table spacing for the actual forums is off. The table column that has the poster/user's info seems too big/wide.

us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    I noticed there is an awkward amount of blank space just above the banner. It also seems like the table spacing for the actual forums is off. The table column that has the poster/user's info seems too big/wide.
    Yeah we're going to be tweaking this as the day goes. It's nice to see all the info, but it can take up a lot of space. We will keep working on it and try to get it just right

Feb 2008
    18 times
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sh...ml#post2728256
    In my response the nominate for banner incorporates into the post. Again fire fox, windows vista..

us
    Mar 2010
    34 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by lostcauses View Post
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sh...ml#post2728256
    In my response the nominate for banner incorporates into the post. Again fire fox, windows vista..
    Do you see the Create Banner link in the top righthand corner of this post? Is that what you're referring to?

Treasure Hunting Forum & Metal Detecting Forum - Register for free today!.
    Thread Subscriptions, My Replies, Keeping track of signatures - Explained here!
    Charter Member Forum Chat is live! - Click Here!
    Want to ignore a forum or thread? You can! To learn how click here!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    Minelab E-Trac, Pro Pointer
    1385 times
    Metal Detecting
    Suggesting that the "Nominate to Banner" link be moved to the little gray/shaded area just above the post (the area that shows when a post was made and the post #). It looks really awkward with it sitting in the upper right corner of the actual post itself. If you insist on leaving it there, please highlight it in grey so it has a ghost effect.

us
    Feb 2012
    Austin, TX
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    Suggesting that the "Nominate to Banner" link be moved to the little gray/shaded area just above the post (the area that shows when a post was made and the post #). It looks really awkward with it sitting in the upper right corner of the actual post itself. If you insist on leaving it there, please highlight it in grey so it has a ghost effect.
    We will be changing this and creating a button to go along with it. I agree, it needs to be moved.

Treasure Hunting Forum & Metal Detecting Forum - Register for free today!.
    Thread Subscriptions, My Replies, Keeping track of signatures - Explained here!
    Charter Member Forum Chat is live! - Click Here!
    Want to ignore a forum or thread? You can! To learn how click here!
    The Help! Section contains a ton of tutorials on how to use the new system. Click here to visit the Help forum! (Thanks Wicked!)
    Having trouble staying logged in? Check out the instructions for help in this thread!
    How to change the subscription notification type for your threads. Click Here!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors