Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your speedy reply. I'm not having a problem finding my 2 fav Forums, so I don't need a bookmark. The point I was making is because it 'looks' different, it takes more time to find various places. It's no different than going to the grocery store to find they have moved the cereal to another isle. I can find the cereal, but it was more convenient to walk directly to where it use to be. Another example, as I'm typing this message, I have about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of space. If I type a long post, I have to scroll upward to see what I have typed and because I have my screen res. set to 800x600, I also have to use the slide bar at the bottom to see both sides of the sentence. This software change is not a do or die situation, it's just inconvenient. Habit is stronger than reason. Cover the face of your clock and see how many times in 12 hours you at the clock to see what time it is even though you know you have covered it. From my studies, I know it takes 21 days to break a habit, and another 21 days to replace it, so hopefully in a month or so, everyone will have learned whereabouts of the site. Regards, Breezie

I understand how frustrating it can be. But unfortunately we can either learn to accept the new and embrace it or we can get mad and frustrated which doesn't help the situation.

If you only have 1 1/2" of space, you can make the Quick Reply box larger. For example, in the bottom right hand corner there are lines in the corner. If you put your mouse over those lines and click your mouse button and hold it down, you can make the reply box larger. I do that when I have to type a long message, like this one.

You can also Double Click the Reply to Thread button and that will open the Advanced Editor which is a full sized editor. If you scroll all the way to the bottom it even lists the previous posts so you can scroll down for context.

I know it's not the same, but it's what we have and after time some may end up preferring it.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have new owners of this site?
Why wasnt I informed of this?
Who are all of these new administrators?
The new owners bring them with him/her?
No matter what I am staying on for the long haul.
I love Treasurenet and always will.
Good luck on your future endeavours Marc.

There's a good thread on it here: Status of TreasureNet.com

RCspirit

Mar 24, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you put a For Sale Add on here now? I need to sell a Minelab Safari. Thanks for any info.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you put a For Sale Add on here now? I need to sell a Minelab Safari. Thanks for any info.

Well I'm sorry but I guess you can't as you are not a Charter Member and that has been the rule for nearly a year now.
Classifieds are under the Forum button at the top of the page, click on that and scroll down to Classifieds.

RCspirit

Mar 24, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I'm sorry but I guess you can't as you are not a Charter Member and that has been the rule for nearly a year now.
Classifieds are under the Forum button at the top of the page, click on that and scroll down to Classifieds.

Thanks for the info. New here so not sure what to do. I can't find classifieds under Forum. Do you have to be a member for that to show up?

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
This is minor I know .. but I was keeping track in my profile of my finds. There was a section where you could add the coin and relic info. I had a list of all the large coppers I had found and now I expect it is gone. I just wish I had copied it down.

I'm really sorry b/c I know you guys are trying. But if someone could create a board with the old look & features I expect that hundreds of the top members here would flock to it without hesitation. I am a member of another detecting board that uses this software and that is a major reason why I log on there very infrequently.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorting some of the popular features should be done first.....LIKE BANNER FINDS I had 10, but only one shows :thumb_down:

I can have Kris pull a database search and send me a list or if you send me a list I can get them right away. I'd be happy to do it for you Silver Searcher, just send me a PM with links to the banner finds that are yours and I'll get them in there.

I do think however that fixing problems that affect the entire forum take precedent over updating the individual banner finds list. However, both need to be done.

Edit: Silver Searcher, I was able to find your links and get it updated. I believe they are all there now.
Thank you:thumb_up:
....you must be drinking loads of Coffee, sorting out our problems...:weee:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As someone mentioned you need to be a Charter Member to create Marketplace/Classifieds ads.

Thanks for the info. New here so not sure what to do. I can't find classifieds under Forum. Do you have to be a member for that to show up?

On the main forum index (Click Forum up top) -- Scroll down the list. Ie, go further down the page. And you'll see a large Master Category called "MarketPlace" and all the subforums underneath it.

It shows up even if you are not a Charter Member as you can reply to other classifieds ads without being a Charter Member.

This is minor I know .. but I was keeping track in my profile of my finds. There was a section where you could add the coin and relic info. I had a list of all the large coppers I had found and now I expect it is gone. I just wish I had copied it down.

I'm really sorry b/c I know you guys are trying. But if someone could create a board with the old look & features I expect that hundreds of the top members here would flock to it without hesitation. I am a member of another detecting board that uses this software and that is a major reason why I log on there very infrequently.

I can pull the counts for you manually and we have the running counts on this site but I don't think the import of those values worked. I can look into this. Please send me a PM and I'll get the values for you.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Guys let me say this.....I belong to another very large forum that went thru a similar format change recently. At first it was horrible, EVERYONE hated it. But it kept getting better as it was tweaked, and now it looks just like it used to. This one may not look exactly as it did, but give them some time to finish tweaking it.

It takes a LOT of work to "fix" all of the stuff, believe me. Let's see what they can do with the place before we all bail.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure wish I could see when others have posted after the last time I read on a thread.

You can. If you replied, go to your subscriptions under "quick links" and click the green arrow on the post and it will take you to the next unread reply.

Regards,

Buckles

Last edited:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank BB ! Some of the modern nomenclature eludes me.
Guess I am not very up to date on what words mean.
Grey

Last edited:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
A suggestion for the main forum page http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php . The column that shows "last post" is of little value and takes up too much space. Each of the main topics of discussion very often have many sub topics. Generally speaking I suspect people do not care about the last post on a major topic area. They are interested in a more narrow focus. The previous functionality of unread replies was a good one...rather than last post. Removing the last post column..might make that page less busy and more akin to the simplicity that is valued by many. The demographics of this site should indicate that simplicity would be valued. lol Yeah many of us are older.
Anyway.. a poll as to whether to keep the last post column might be useful to determine if it was a needed or wanted feature.

PS: please hurry on those skins..this..color scheme is atrocious to me. I know it will come in time...but quite a few do not seem to like it and it is the major feel of the site. Thanks for consideration.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
times are a changin' need dime for coffee.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i think we were sold out to geeks.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure wish I could see when others have posted after the last time I read on a thread.

You can. If you replied, go to your subscriptions under "quick links" and click the green arrow on the post and it will take you to the next unread reply.

Regards,

Buckles

I've just updated this image. It now looks like this:
firstnew.png
-- you may need to do a "hard refresh" to see the new image. I figured this would be easier to identify. (instead of the green arrow)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Regards,

Buckles

I've just updated this image. It now looks like this:
firstnew.png
-- you may need to do a "hard refresh" to see the new image. I figured this would be easier to identify. (instead of the green arrow)

Great! That is even easier. I also like the BOLD type for subscription threads with unread replies. :thumbsup: I am not crazy about the popup that happens anytime one changes font, adds smileys, different font size, bold, italics, or uploads photos ("are you sure you want to navigate away from this thread?"). Is this a glitch specific to my browser (IE), or a bug in the system? The first time it happened I had a coronary because I had spent a good bit of time on a finds post.

Does the "like" button always have to take the user to the first post in the topic again? Can it be engineered to keep the user where they were in the content of the topic instead?

TNet keeps getting better. I like the photo options now. I know you folks are probably not interested in much feedback, and swamped with changes and tweaking the software...so if you'd rather I hold off on feedback of PM you at a later date, that is fine, too.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great! That is even easier. I also like the BOLD type for subscription threads with unread replies. :thumbsup: I am not crazy about the popup that happens anytime one changes font, adds smileys, different font size, bold, italics, or uploads photos ("are you sure you want to navigate away from this thread?"). Is this a glitch specific to my browser (IE), or a bug in the system? The first time it happened I had a coronary because I had spent a good bit of time on a finds post.

Does the "like" button always have to take the user to the first post in the topic again? Can it be engineered to keep the user where they were in the content of the topic instead?

TNet keeps getting better. I like the photo options now. I know you folks are probably not interested in much feedback, and swamped with changes and tweaking the software...so if you'd rather I hold off on feedback of PM you at a later date, that is fine, too.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Buckles,

I think every problem you describe above is caused by Internet Explorer... Chrome nor Firefox (nor Safari) have these issues :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread