I liked the old Treasurenet this is crap

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Board changes cause people problems. It is always a learning curve to a new board format. About three percent will threaten to leave ( don't feel right) ( territorial ideas) and so on. About one percent will leave using it as an excuse to do what they were going to do any way.
Gripping is not helping or asking questions about the new board is it??
Try sticking around if you can. It takes time to learn changes.. Ask questions, Users and mods will help. What can one say to gripping and saying I may leave?? Go some were else and have fun, or try and learn the new way.

Hoping most will try and stay.
Are you one of the new owners or just a cheerleader for them ? All I see you posting on this thread is kudos for the new crap, insults directed towards those of us who prefer the old setup and telling people to hit the road if they don't like it. Just curious. I do see that the new folks are bending over backwards to accomodate us old stubborn duffers and that's great. I guess it's mainly the way you are acting like a politician who is campaigning for the next opening in the moderators club that's bugging me. We will eventually get used to the changes and forget all about the old ways with time. Buttt..
your attitude sucks and does nothing to help ease the transition.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I am very confused,just had asian single hotties pop up??? dating sites now on this

Were and what browser are you using??
This showed up for me too on Firefox.

The Asian girls are on the top of my page too. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 10.0.2. I'd like to ask for a change: Is it possible to have more post per page withOUT making the font smaller? Thanks, Breezie
Bring back the Asian girls... :happysmiley:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the main frustrations I'm having has to do with the appearance. I know in the past, if I had 10 mins. or less to browse/surf the net (a break from work,) I could pop into TNet check the latest banner, see the latest What Is Its and Latest Finds etc. Now it takes me just about 10 mins. to know where I'm going and what I'm doing if I want to check my PM's or my latest post. It's like moving Helen Keller's furniture and putting it in a different place. I'm sure the longer I stay, the more familiar I will be with the site, but I really don't have the time, nor inclination to do it, so I'm spending waaaaay less time on TNet. I wish there was a way for you to have the new software, yet have TNet to look like it used to look. Breezie

I wish there was a way for us to do that as well. THere is not. We are doing everything in our power to get it as close as possible with the limitations that the software gives us.

I'm curious why it's so much more difficult to get to the sections you want though. Why not go into the forum you like looking at and create a bookmark to it in your browser. Then you can jump directly to that forum in 2 seconds. Bookmark the forums you like jumping to.

TO jump to your private messages, simply click on the "Notifications" button up top... a menu will pop open and your Inbox will be listed there if you have unread PM's. If not, you can just click Notifications and it will take you to your inbox with all your old PM's there.

Thank you for your speedy reply. I'm not having a problem finding my 2 fav Forums, so I don't need a bookmark. The point I was making is because it 'looks' different, it takes more time to find various places. It's no different than going to the grocery store to find they have moved the cereal to another isle. I can find the cereal, but it was more convenient to walk directly to where it use to be. Another example, as I'm typing this message, I have about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of space. If I type a long post, I have to scroll upward to see what I have typed and because I have my screen res. set to 800x600, I also have to use the slide bar at the bottom to see both sides of the sentence. This software change is not a do or die situation, it's just inconvenient. Habit is stronger than reason. Cover the face of your clock and see how many times in 12 hours you at the clock to see what time it is even though you know you have covered it. From my studies, I know it takes 21 days to break a habit, and another 21 days to replace it, so hopefully in a month or so, everyone will have learned whereabouts of the site. Regards, Breezie

Breezie: I agree with you and I have been trying to make this point in the bug & glitches thread!

I am fine with change. In fact, I embrace change. But I have to agree... The problem is not that the thread titles look different. I can get used to it being different. The problem is that it just looks bad!

It looks cluttered and the bold text really makes everything "blend together".

It takes a while for your eyes to "lock-in" on a thread title that you actually want to open up and start browsing.

Why such huge column spaces for last post and replies/views? WHY STICK "STARTED BY..." under the title? It looks bad and it is hard on the eyes.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand how frustrating it can be. But unfortunately we can either learn to accept the new and embrace it or we can get mad and frustrated which doesn't help the situation.

If you only have 1 1/2" of space, you can make the Quick Reply box larger. For example, in the bottom right hand corner there are lines in the corner. If you put your mouse over those lines and click your mouse button and hold it down, you can make the reply box larger. I do that when I have to type a long message, like this one.

You can also Double Click the Reply to Thread button and that will open the Advanced Editor which is a full sized editor. If you scroll all the way to the bottom it even lists the previous posts so you can scroll down for context.

I know it's not the same, but it's what we have and after time some may end up preferring it.

Okie Dokie, this is much better than trying to type in a tiny window. I still have to scroll up/down on the side bar and back/forth on the bottom bar because my resolution is 800x600. If I make my resolution higher, the fonts/words are too small for me to read. Thanks, Breezie

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anyway that all these COMPLAINT and SUGGESTION threads can be put together? Seems like there are too many threads with problems and suggestions on how to fix the problem, but they are scattered all around the site. For me, navigation is the hard part, cant find anything!

I made a suggestion before, about getting rid of the useless stuff here, like Happy Birthday, do we really need that? Even people start a happy birthday thread for someone, usually female. I think most of us here are old enough not to have birthdays anymore, at least older than 10yo.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
I am old enough for a lot of things. :angry5:

Since 2005 not a person has wished me a Happy Birthday,except here at TN :occasion18:

Now you want to take that all away from me.

Each year TN has given me a Birthday Greeting and you want to take that away from me.
" useless stuff" , My Birthday:cussing:

enough of this *******ization, enough of this, this, this :angry4: debasement

long live birthdays on TN :occasion15:

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am old enough for a lot of things. :angry5:

Since 2005 not a person has wished me a Happy Birthday,except here at TN :occasion18:

Now you want to take that all away from me.

Each year TN has given me a Birthday Greeting and you want to take that away from me.
" useless stuff" , My Birthday:cussing:

enough of this *******ization, enough of this, this, this :angry4: debasement

long live birthdays on TN :occasion15:

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

Did you not receive a nice email from the site on your Birthday?! It should have automatically gone out and you should have been included here: Happy Birthday!

Please let me know and I will be more than happy to fix this for you. You can PM me your birth date and I will make sure it's set correctly on your account.

Happy Belated Birthday from all of us at TreasureNet.com!

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His B-Day is not in his account :) happy birthday!! Now add it in your profile for next year :) Or like 4nines said pm him he'll add it

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY Shermanville! :hello2: Breezie

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Suggestion - NEW REPLIES function. Are you able to return that simple function for us? Thanks in advance,
Oroblanco

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have forwarded it to the admins....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggestion - NEW REPLIES function. Are you able to return that simple function for us? Thanks in advance,
Oroblanco

I have forwarded it to the admins...

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought I'd say something here whether or not anyone one cares to hear it.. As with the case of the many forums and social networks I've encountered over the last 18 years or so, I found that most people don't like change.. and when a site or page changes.. the users panic.. I did when facebook went to their new "Timeline" format.. thus forcing me to leave.. The format was/is very confusing to me.. The page is setup to forced your eyes to dart about the page without any clear cut or straight down the page as it was on the old facebook.

As with this page.. I've posted my thoughts upon my return.. and I like it.. The pages are very well maintained, organized and clean, much more so then the old TN pages.. As for the those willing to accept change or simply leave the page and head to new horizons.. I'm assuming TN admins have a log of who leaves and who stay or the Plus /Minus ratio. Taking in account the new members compared to those leaving.. if any are actually leaving.

Things take time.. and I'm sure with this new format/software we all need to take a deep breath.. report errors or issues, post suggestions and this page can be as good, if not better then the Old TN.

Last edited:

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I really can't say much here, cause I've been gone, came back, then left again.. But this time.. I need to say something and I sort of agree with the masses.. Even thou I like the new format.. I feel that if I was to pay for something I use often and it suddenly changes on me.. then I would feel cheated.. So to all those whom have been paying for TreasureNet and then TreauseNet changed, without any warning.. how dose this make you fell?.. are you still willing to pay for the site even after the change?.. and what about the new or returning people who have grown accustom to this new format.

You know what's missing?.. the camaraderie you had at the old TN.. and this has nothing to do with how the forum was setup or looks.. you still have your old friend here and yet your just looking at the issues and suffering with unfamiliarity.. So yes I would be upset if I was paying for this servers, only to have it change on me over night.. but did you realize.. some of this software once changed, you can't change it back?.. it's become outdated.. obsolete.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread