Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The way it was before you could see the posters name and it was easy to scroll down and find there user name and now you couldn't find them if you wanted to.

The best treasure hunting fourm of all time is no longer. This is sad. Put it back the way it was. That's what I liked about it was the way it was laid out and easy to navigate.

I've seen people buy business and change things that hert there business and in a couple of years they were out of business.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
rodgerdodger
I doubt it will get changed back. There were issues with the old board such that it is easier to go with the new one, by the new owners to correct them. Yes it is change, and change is hard. give it some time please.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I can get used to this change, but hope it doesnt take too long. I have always hated going to my favorite super market, and find that everything has been changed around, for what reason, I dont know. Maybe the customers complained that they couldnt find a product, or they had to make room for more products, but sometimes change is made only for change, and customers start to fade away.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearer to read for those with poor eyesight I guess but boy is it hard to find posts when your not clear on which section they were posted in !

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is like most other forums on different hobbys i participate in. Its vbulletion i c. Im more use to this ;)

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ba humbug!!!

I think I also liked the older SITE much better!!! I belong to some other VB but this seems very very cluttered with little allot of CRAP!!! Who need stats!!? We cant see what detectors our fellow members have, to swap stories! Whats up with that??? Well its agood thing I can see my member ID now all the time!
WHY Change a good thing?? Let alone a great one! Hope there is room for revisions and improvements!

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Now this site looks just like the other treasure hunting website, which I hardly ever visited. Well- maybe from now on I'll go there more often. This one here isn't better anymore. Maybe I'm getting old because I don't like if good things are changed and people try telling me the new one is better.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I'm not going anywhere. I've invested six years here, and 10,000 posts, and no changes are going to scare me off. ;)

But I agree that it is difficult to read who the authors of the threads are now. And I look at who posted a thread as much or more than the title. That is simply because there are some here that I don't trust in terms of authenticity of finds, and there are some here that I know will never disappoint when I read their post.

Give the changes some time. They are still in the process of improving things around here.

Cheers,

Buckles

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Now this site looks just like the other treasure hunting website, which I hardly ever visited. Well- maybe from now on I'll go there more often. This one here isn't better anymore. Maybe I'm getting old because I don't like if good things are changed and people try telling me the new one is better.

I feel the same way wrecker . I don't think I'm going to get used to this. I don't even know if I want to .

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I'm not going anywhere. I've invested six years here, and 10,000 posts, and no changes are going to scare me off. ;)

But I agree that it is difficult to read who the authors of the threads are now. And I look at who posted a thread as much or more than the title. That is simply because there are some here that I don't trust in terms of authenticity of finds, and there are some here that I know will never disappoint when I read their post.

Give the changes some time. They are still in the process of improving things around here.

Cheers,

Buckles
I'm in agreement with you except for the comment about "improving things around here," so far all they have done is improve it for themselves. This place looks like ALL the other detecting forums now. Boring, boring, boring, no visual appeal, hard to navigate/keep track of "your stuff", etc.. I hope they work out all the "bugs", as I too have much time and many posts invested in this site. So far the negs. are outweighing the pos. in this switch. Maybe we, as members, should start a topic as to the things we want to see done, after they are done tweaking all the wrinkles in this software switch.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a "Charter Member" to this site, I could not login for over two days and all of the forums are still not visible. This new format is crap, it could have been handled ALOT differently.
I would like a refund for my membership dues, this is not why I became a Charter Member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bratvlos

Dec 19, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Déus the Only Wireless Métal Détector - Tecknetics D4000 - Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the new forum thanks to webmasters/administrators...

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I feel the same way wrecker . I don't think I'm going to get used to this. I don't even know if I want to .

The same here

tinpan

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't get used to it. I DO NOT LIKE IT......What the HECK did you people do??????? This IS NOT GOOD! CHANGE IT BACK! Who ever designed this should be F-I-R-E-DDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an absolute waste of time and $. I think the consensus is you are going to lose ALOT of members........MYSELF INCLUDED. This type of design is exactly why I DO NOT POST ANYMORE ON THE WHITES SITE! You had better act now and change it back.....or this site will be in serious trouble!

Last edited:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Logging in each time is a hassle and hopefully it will be fixed. I don't like the layout, but maybe I'll get more comfortable with it (or maybe not.)

I do believe that if you change to make it somewhat easier for Admins and Mods, and it becomes significantly more difficult for members, you've failed. There are a lot of forums with great architecture with 10 active members and thousands of members who have migrated elsewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions